Facebook, Myspace, or Twitter?

Sapphire

Which do you prefer?   

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Facebook
    • Myspace
    • Twitter

These are pretty much the only community websites I could think of. So which do you guys like best? I voted Facebook! :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sapphire

• Sabre

• "User"

• Nexus

*Inb4 anti-social networking site rants*

I exclusively use Facebook.  Myspace has gone to hell over the past 2-3 years and I personally don't see any need to use Twitter when I can accomplish the same thing, and more, on Facebook.

I don't even know how to follow people on twitter! it's so confusing! :( I say facebook, but I only check it every so often.

And Facebook takes the lead folks! :)

Yippee for Twitter! :D

Myspace is dead

Facebook has cool games  :D

Yep, Myspace SUCKS :lol:

No offence to Myspace users :)

TWITTER!!!!!! :trollface:

Yep, Myspace SUCKS :lol:

No offence to Myspace users :)

Yea just full of teenage girls wanting attention.

*Inb4 anti-social networking site rants*

I exclusively use Facebook.  Myspace has gone to hell over the past 2-3 years and I personally don't see any need to use Twitter when I can accomplish the same thing, and more, on Facebook.

Damn you user!

Buzz  :collapse:

Seriously though. These scial sites are not as popular as you might first believe.

http://www.ottawaskeptics.org/the-reality-check/62-episodes/242-the-reality-check-47-tam7-adam-savage-interview-twitter-popularity

part 3

Seriously though. These scial sites are not as popular as you might first believe.

http://www.ottawaskeptics.org/the-reality-check/62-episodes/242-the-reality-check-47-tam7-adam-savage-interview-twitter-popularity

part 3

Like I'll be sure to believe a site called "Ottawa Skeptics" when dealing with facts like this. :P

Facebook is ranked #2 traffic wise according to Alexa and Twitter 11th.  Facebook gets about 30% of all Internet traffic.  This information, I'm sure to most people would come as a surprise - as they wouldn't expect these two sites to be this popular worldwide.

Like I'll be sure to believe a site called "Ottawa Skeptics" when dealing with facts like this. :P

Facebook is ranked #2 traffic wise according to Alexa and Twitter 11th.  Facebook gets about 30% of all Internet traffic.  This information, I'm sure to most people would come as a surprise - as they wouldn't expect these two sites to be this popular worldwide.

I;d be careful with facts like that to be honest. 2 reasons. 1 it assumes the internet is in a vacume. Second it depends how you messure. For example. Before Modern Warfare 2, I used to hear that Counter Strike had 40% of all internet traffic. Halo had a similar amount, so did myspace. The problem was (at the time that figure was thrown around) there were more popular games like WoW.

A bit of simple maths will tell you something is wrong with the numbers. I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just saying I'd like to see how it's messured, and in terms of internet v real life, it's no where near as popular as stats would make it seem.

Bookface.

"I stopped using social networks after I started getting the names confused. I kept asking people to come on MyFace" -some comedian.

I;d be careful with facts like that to be honest. 2 reasons. 1 it assumes the internet is in a vacume. Second it depends how you messure. For example. Before Modern Warfare 2, I used to hear that Counter Strike had 40% of all internet traffic. Halo had a similar amount, so did myspace. The problem was (at the time that figure was thrown around) there were more popular games like WoW.

A bit of simple maths will tell you something is wrong with the numbers. I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just saying I'd like to see how it's messured, and in terms of internet v real life, it's no where near as popular as stats would make it seem.

Yeah, I know of the possible flaws in using stats from Alexa, but it's more reliable still then using a site like Ottawa Skeptics. :)

Yeah, I know of the possible flaws in using stats from Alexa, but it's more reliable still then using a site like Ottawa Skeptics. :)

What's wrong with the site? It's a good ep that explains my arguments better then I can. They also have a couple of great games episodes. There's also links to some of the stories.

lol, myspace's for noobs :)

lol, myspace's for noobs :)

You do know 'noob' isn't a word right?

Hmm I've never checked out any of these sites. I guess I'll have to look them up to see which I like best. :lol: