SFO.NET Forum Bug Reports

DZComposer

Please report all bugs or problems with the forums here.

Please follow these guidelins for submitting bug reports:

1. Please check this thread to see if your bug has already been reported.

2. Please describe the problem exactly, including the complete text of any error message.

3. Please give the page(s) involved. If it is a 404 (file not found), please tell where the link you clicked was.

4. Please tell what you're trying to do and exactly what you were doing. What browser are your using? What OS? I need to be able to reproduce the problem in order to fix it.

Off-Topic: 

Funny Pictures (56K WARNING)

Not really a popular topic, but I still thought you would like to know

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: *fixed*

You'll have to go back and hit "edit" on all of your affected posts as this fix doesn't scan the database.

2.0.20 turned out to be a buggy release. There may be a problem with the PMs as well, but I don't feel like plodding around in any more php files and I haven't gotten a complaint yet.

EDIT: *fixed*

You'll have to go back and hit "edit" on all of your affected posts as this fix doesn't scan the database.

2.0.20 turned out to be a buggy release. There may be a problem with the PMs as well, but I don't feel like plodding around in any more php files and I haven't gotten a complaint yet.

haven't had a prb with PM's yet, I will donload that version and see what else may be wrong with it, but I think the worst is over......

I found out the exact number of missing posts. We are missing a total of 208 posts.

There are 27641 entries (at the time of this post, of course, and not counting this post) in the phpbb_posts table.

There are 27433 (at the time of this post, of course, and not counting this post) in the phpbb_posts_text table.

Here's the basics of how these tables work:

When you post, 2 entries are made into the database. One goes into phpbb_posts, the other goes into phpbb_posts_text.

phpbb_posts contains all the information about the posts, such as when it was posted, who posted it, the IP address of the user, whether or not the sig was included, etc.

phpbb_posts_text contains the actual post itself. For instance, the text you're reading right now is stored here. Also, the subject is stored here.

These tables are linked. If there is an entry in phpbb_posts but not in phpbb_posts_text, you get this "missing posts" phenomenon.

I'm not sure why it is done this way, but it is.

I am searching for a way to go though these tables and delete all records in phpbb_posts that do not have a record in phpbb_posts_text that does not involve me reading each of these tables which are more that 20 000 lines a piece. :nervous:

, the subject is stored here.

These tables are linked. If there is an entry in phpbb_posts but not in phpbb_posts_text, you get this "missing posts" phenomenon.

I'm not sure why it is done this way, but it is.

I am searching for a way to go though these tables and delete all records in phpbb_posts that do not have a record in phpbb_posts_text that does not involve me reading each of these tables which are more that 20 000 lines a piece. :banghead:

I think to thwart hackers, 'cus you have to crack both tables in order to crack the data base......rarley dose it help, the just hack the passwords by download ing PhpBB, extracting the dencryption system, then using dos to download the database files......

try looking for a comparison program, that would tell you right off thebat wich ones where broken.....

as far as the mega krystal fanart, you're gonna have to do that manually......by checking the mysql tables...... :shock:

Good news! I talked with my networking teacher (who also teaches the MySQL class) and he gave me an SQL query to try. I'll try it later.

• 4 months later...

I dunno if this is the rigth topic but...

Recently it has many times been really slow to browse trougth this forum..

(Like now)and I get some "Error-log" quite often... why is it like this for me? and is there others who has the same problem(s)?

I dunno if this is the rigth topic but...

Recently it has many times been really slow to browse trougth this forum..

(Like now)and I get some "Error-log" quite often... why is it like this for me? and is there others who has the same problem(s)?

Your not alone I have been getting the same problem, My 4 gig computer would slow to a trickle when coming to the forum and would be lighting fast on other web sites. After I defragged it it started to move a bit faster but not by a whole lot.

Edit: When trying to enter the Rec room I reseved this:

Failed obtaining forum access control lists

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query

SELECT a.forum_id, a.auth_view, a.auth_read, a.auth_post, a.auth_reply, a.auth_edit, a.auth_delete, a.auth_sticky, a.auth_announce, a.auth_vote, a.auth_pollcreate, a.auth_mod FROM phpbb_auth_access a, phpbb_user_group ug WHERE ug.user_id = 457 AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND a.group_id = ug.group_id AND a.forum_id = 16

Line : 156

File : auth.php

DZ, what are you and Dwight doing back there?

I think GoDaddy was doing some maintenance on their database servers today. CHS also had MySQL problems earlier today.

Anything involving MySQL is a database issue.

Also, some of the speed issuers are related to SFO being on a shared server. Other sites use the web and database servers that SFO does.

Dedicated servers are expensive.

On a side note, I am not too pleased that phpbb spits out the SQL statements in it's database errors.... No bueno for security...

Oh well, phpbb is open source and it isn't like someone can't download it and look at the php....

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to say ever since we switched of php to SMF I have be getting no error reports and my com blasts through the pages.

• 2 months later...

I had a weird error recently, where it insisted that I'd posted, but I hadn't. I checked, and there was no post in the topic. I had to get out of the reply form for about a minute and then try again, and it worked. 0.o

-Inuyasha

What kind of post were you making? A lot of BBCode? Images?

What it kind of sounds like is that the database statement errored out, but the php worked. I would think the SMF devs would put a check for that though.

• 1 year later...

All our avatars are missing!

Edit:

When trying to update my avatar, I got this error:

"The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."