Did you love or hate SFC?

sjrathbun812

Did you love or hate SFC? And if you did, why?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you love or hate SFC? And if you did, why?

• Because it's portable
    • because it has Wi-Fi
    • Storyline
    • Gameplay
    • Endings

I actually thought command was cool. But the game play can get a LITTLE repetitive at times. But that depends if you play the game 24-7. recently I hadn't played the game in a long time and then I picked it up again and was really enjoyable. SO, I just wanted to know your guy's opinion of the game.  :)

I personally loved the multiplayer. It brought a new touch to the game for me. The only major thing that I really did not like about it was the endings. Not the fact that there was no canon ending, but that each of the endings were just different IMO.

This most likely is going to cause a flame war between people, but here I go:

I liked some of the endings because I liked how they went-I am not telling you what one's, because they will most likely cause debates here, and I don't want that.

Other's just had endings that I just strongly disliked, or were just plain dumb to end with.

Hopefully When SF64 gets released on the 3DS, it might spawn some more games, hopefully showing us SF fans what the true ending might be. though I strongly doubt it

I hated command for its controls, its multiple endings, and its incredibly depressing storyline. As a person who supports the "Krystal+Fox" thing, the thought of Krystal and Fox not being together is depressingly sad. Also the thought of her becoming Kursed or going with Panther just makes it worse. I thought the multiplayer is alright but for some reason I never got to try it out because my DS can't connect to Nintendo wifi. But I really thought it was awesome that James McCloud was a playable character for a bit. But I still wouldn't be surprised if it was reviewed by the AVGN or Spoony

Pros: game play was decent for DS and it had multyplayer, good music!

Cons: multyple endings with only one or 2 good ones. terrible begeining. terrible story. terrible using of the character, and everthing else abou the game.

The story sucked. Oooooh boy did it suck. Fanfiction tier writing here, people.

The controls weren't -bad-, but they had input lag and could have easily gotten by with SNES styled controls. It was good to see Nintendo get back to SPACE SHOOTING, though. More of a Starfox game than Assault or Adventures ever was.

I like it very much for its gameplay, not story. And it is because of this game that I liked Wolfen.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually liked it. Being how 'Kirby 64's' controls were typically the same as SFC,(minus touchscreen) I was used to it from the start. I didn't really care for a time limit much since I only ran out of time like twice out of my time playing it. Other than the endings (and some of the character designs, you all know who I'm talking about) I personally enjoyed Command. Though I still haven't experienced Wi-Fi yet...

The only things I liked about it was the multiplayer, characters having their own personal themes and ships, Bill and Katt starring in the game, and most of all....JAMES MCCLOUD AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!

On the other hand, the game wasn't very well thought out and was pretty disappointing what with the very sad and depressing storyline, the multiple endings, and the gameplay being similar to that of Independence Day for the Playstation 1.

Another one of these? Well I guess I'll say something anyway. I don't hate it. Granted I did dislike many of the endings and the fuel bullsh*t but it did go back to the original format, even if that didn't turn out well it still was fun flying around shooting things. Of course it did have wifi which star fox doesn't have enough of. Overall I give it a C-.

I do not 'absolutely hate it' as many people do.

I actually think that custom ships (if not in desing, stats),

are a nice idea.

The problem I had with the game was the... Well I will say

it again: The ACURSED stylus. I *DO* absolutely hate the

stylus.

That does not mean I hate the game. I did dislike, however,

how there was no customization in the controls.

I also did not like the endings, but meh. By themselves they

auto de-canonize each other, so we are safe.

Overall, compared to StarFox 2, StarFox, and StarFox 64,

the game does not live up to it's standards.

It was 'ok'. Not bad... But it could have been WAY better.

I actually thought command was cool. But the game play can get a LITTLE repetitive at times. But that depends if you play the game 24-7. recently I hadn't played the game in a long time and then I picked it up again and was really enjoyable. SO, I just wanted to know your guy's opinion of the game.  :)

Yeah I love Star Fox Command now that I can play it where ever I want, with better than N64 graphics (somewhat) gameplay. I recently ruined both left and right triggers on my DS so I feared for Star Fox's control scheme. Thank goodness, I don't need those two buttons at all (unlike Metroid Prime Hunters DS).

Those endings though . . . . . a few of them made me go "no way. . ." or "seriously?" and even "you're kidding me. . . . ." I mean come on! G-Zero Lylat Grand Prix?? Does that sound familiar or what?? Some endings even made me sad. Bottom line, I don't know which ending is the REAL ending. That screws up my sense of storyline. That's my only beef with SFC but other than that, best DS game I played/playing.

but other than that, best DS game I played/playing.

Careful you'll get a lot of flak if you say that out loud.

Yeah I love Star Fox Command now that I can play it where ever I want, with better than N64 graphics (somewhat) gameplay. I recently ruined both left and right triggers on my DS so I feared for Star Fox's control scheme. Thank goodness, I don't need those two buttons at all (unlike Metroid Prime Hunters DS).

Those endings though . . . . . a few of them made me go "no way. . ." or "seriously?" and even "you're kidding me. . . . ." I mean come on! G-Zero Lylat Grand Prix?? Does that sound familiar or what?? Some endings even made me sad. Bottom line, I don't know which ending is the REAL ending. That screws up my sense of storyline. That's my only beef with SFC but other than that, best DS game I played/playing.

Actually, I thought it was somewhat interesting that that G-Zero Lylat Grand Prix was in there because I remember reading on wiki that F-Zero had somewhat a relation ship with Starfox. Somewhere on the lines of Fox and his Father. Though I hated the idea that the Starfox gives up there job just because Starwolf had won the battle that ONE time. :facepalm: I mean COME ON. So what? They where the ones that did half the work to kill the anglyers (Or whatever) in the first place! And even though Starwolf did the last bit doesn't mean they should give up there job. I mean....I know Nintendo whould NEVER. EVER. Continue the series through that ending.

Yeah well I don't care! I like this DS game a lot so hate me for that.

Actually, Fox was depressed over Krystal's idea to get Star Wolf to steal glory from Star Fox. Fox was in a depressed state to ever kick out Krystal and Falco only wanted to cheer up his buddy again. Retirement to racing was the case.

Yeah well I don't care! I like this DS game a lot so hate me for that. You'll only be yet another WiLdShOt-hater. :(

No one is going to hate you here this early. There are other fans of the game here so you aren't alone. I personally didn't like it but that doesn't mean I'm going to create genocide on it's fans. So don't worry.

In all honesty, I loved the endings!  Although I do see where most of you are coming from with the idea of the storyline being screwed up with the multiple endings, but I have to say that it was some of the interesting ones I have seen; not the greatest though.  The ones that kind of aroused a few eyebrows with me were, of course, G-Zero ending -- still interesting nonetheless -- Falco's ending forming Star Falco (I mean, really...), Slippy's ending (Although it was fun for the moment, I am still not surprised a lot of people did not care for this ending), and where Amanda joins the team (Kind of leveled things out a little more with two guys and their love interests).

Now, the down side to what I saw bad about the game was the High School drama atmosphere.  I was caught too many times seeing Fox saying, "Krystal..." and thinking, "Saw that one coming."  It seemed like the game had the characters exchange BACKFIRE after BACKFIRE to one another -- namely just Fox and Krystal in some way.  Whenever Fox saw Krystal, emotional kid engages; whenever Krystal saw Fox, menstrual cycle initiated.

All in all, it was a pretty good game.  Although the dialogue could have used a little more touching up, I still enjoyed it.  Combat was fair, dialogue was decent, graphics at the time were good, story had an overall good rating, enemies could have been better thought up and designed (I mean, WHO in their right minds would WANT to fight fish.....  REALLY?!?!?!  It's easier to just put them on my grill and eat them once their deep fried with honey mustard on them!)

A solid 8 out of 10 for me.

No one is going to hate you here this early. There are other fans of the game here so you aren't alone. I personally didn't like it but that doesn't mean I'm going to create genocide on it's fans. So don't worry.

ugh. . . I'm sorry. For the moment I thought I was in that Metroid Forum again and snapped out (I posted a topic asking if Metroid Prime Hunters for DS was really that bad and everyone flamed at me for liking the game as well did it LOCK my topic and get me a formal warning from a moderator for "starting a flamewar" so should you blame me?). You're right, I shouldn't be hated this early (maybe next week here I will).

(Not that anyone would care or even read):

The Metroid forum actually ironically made me feel less of a Metroid fan. . . . so, depressed one day from recieving my last formal warning which gives me one last chance or my account would get banned, I looked at Star Fox (Star Fox 64 was my first) and thought "hey I've played Star Fox WAY longer than ever Metroid." So I started focusing on that as being my new favorite and actually thought twice before making an account here in SFO. Fearing I may do the same and make myself feel less of a Star Fox fan.

Oh and hey don't get me wrong, but I'm personally okay with MOST of those endings . . . but so many of them got me confused of which one was the TRUE ending.

lol "menstrual cycle initiation" yeah Krystal was quite the meanie a lot of times, when she first lashed out at Fox I said, "(*jaw dropped*) . . . . . . . WHAT . . . A . . . B****!!! (*continuously says that for the rest of the game*)

There is no true ending: furthermore Nintendo has said that if a sequel is made itll continue from an ending not in SFC. Likely a conglomoration ending.

There is no true ending: furthermore Nintendo has said that if a sequel is made itll continue from an ending not in SFC. Likely a conglomoration ending.

In a more understandable term:  After one of the games BEFORE Command :)  (No offense, Robert, I am just helping out the lesser educated :wink:)

The only thing they did right was not giving Falco a kid.

I dunno, they gameplay was okaaaaaay. Music was great, can't go wrong there I guess. Story sucked hardcore.

The art was beautiful at times, tho

AH! BUT I HATE KATT'S NEW LOOK DAMMIT AAAAARGH

Also, Dash looks like a friggin Mogwai in his ending. i.php?a=command%2Fendings%2Fdash-makes-a

And look at ROB's face: i.php?a=command%2Fendings%2Fpigmas-reven

Come on, I know you also think he's laughing at Falco.

By the way, you ever noticed Slippy's children are all differently colored? Like blue, purple etc, while Slippy's green and Amanda pink or something?

heh. Clearly you should talk to Amanda, Slip...

endings (Most suck.)

Gameplay(uhh WHAT?! TIME AND FUEL!?)

storyline(needs development.