Did you love or hate SFC?

sjrathbun812

Did you love or hate SFC? And if you did, why?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you love or hate SFC? And if you did, why?

• Because it's portable
    • because it has Wi-Fi
    • Storyline
    • Gameplay
    • Endings

In a more understandable term:  After one of the games BEFORE Command :)  (No offense, Robert, I am just helping out the lesser educated :wink:)

Not necessarily. It could make up a new ending or begin sometime in the middle of the story, ergo keeping Anglars cannon and the fact that Fox and Krystal were ever together.

endings (Most suck.)

Gameplay(uhh WHAT?! TIME AND FUEL!?)

storyline(needs development.

You know in real life, there would be fuel...And maybe even time too.

In a more understandable term:  After one of the games BEFORE Command :)  (No offense, Robert, I am just helping out the lesser educated :wink:)

No. Command is still likely to be canon (ie the events of the Anglar War). Its the endings alone that are not. The events that are or are not canon are yet to be seen.

You know in real life, there would be fuel...And maybe even time too.

Realism? In a game where anthropomorphic animals fly around in spaceships and blow the everloving shit out of other spaceships? I think you're expecting a bit much.

I liked Command for the gameplay....that's it. (OK MAJOR SPOILER ALERT PAY ATTENTION TO THIS)

Story. i mean, what story? Fox gets all deppressed and his love for Krystal interferes with him fighting a war, all the while life changing moments are occuring because Lucy is making connections to past and new friends of your wingmen? Also, Slippy is engaged, and the new General to the Cornerian army is Peppy (some serious changes going on). :fox: , you really have no idea how to fight a war. I mean, you see Fox going "Ok team, let's go in there and take em out!" All of a sudden Krystal comes into the picture, you break down and lose focus and Falco and Slippy have to tell the two to concentrate on the fight. (notice, i bolded Slippy)

The endings, some cute (Marcus), others were flat out ridiculous (I thought the G-Zero was a nice shout out to the F-Zero fanbase  :wink: ) Ridiculous ending #1 goes to Krystal becoming Kursed. REALLY??? SW (and more specifically, Panther) welcomes you with open arms and you decide all of a sudden that since no one else will accept you, you have to start a new life...alone. Wasn't your fear of being alone, all the while being pissed at Fox, the reason that you joined SW? And now you left your only friends...real bright  :hehe:

And I picked the game back up the other day. I played through the game twice to unlock two of the last 3 endings I had not yet unlocked. ("Lucy and Krystal" and "Goodbye Fox") I noticed something very interesting. They really messed up the story separation here. Because, either you go with Fox and his team to take out the Anglar Emperor, or you play as Lucy and defend Corneria. Peppy goes with the guys (Fox, Falco, and Slippy) regardless of which path you choose. What is weird is how Krystal mysteriously ends up on Sauria when you pick Peppy's path. The ending is pretty much the same with the "old" SF team taking out the Anglar Emperor and Lucy being just fine on Corneria. However, if you  pick Lucy's path, somehow Krystal contacts Lucy and joins her in the fight on Corneria and Fox does NOT make the decision to break the team up in the hopes of saving his relationship. Poor story writing anyone?

Realism? In a game where anthropomorphic animals fly around in spaceships and blow the everloving shit out of other spaceships? I think you're expecting a bit much.

OK this time we will use get rid of the annoying crap!

anthropomorphic animals. I think you're expecting a bit much.

(*stares at Amanda's breasts and slender body with feet and hands + opposable thumbs and hair while also noting she IS a frog*) uh. . . . . . . . . sorry I STILL can't get anthropomorphic animals (furries lol) out of my brain.

I didn't hate the game, but at the same time I didn't love it. Some of the story routes were good, some others were just 'bleh'. However, the endings actually left me feeling depressed, the music that plays during the endings were really somber and sad, which added to the depressed feeling.

The gameplay actually wasn't that bad, but I didn't like it that the only times you were on rails was when you were chasing missiles.

I didn't hate the game, but at the same time I didn't love it. Some of the story routes were good, some others were just 'bleh'. However, the endings actually left me feeling depressed, the music that plays during the endings were really somber and sad, which added to the depressed feeling.

The gameplay actually wasn't that bad, but I didn't like it that the only times you were on rails was when you were chasing missiles.

I think that's pretty much the same for me.

I'm in the 600's! YAY! *dances*

that dramatic effect music lol. . . it depressed me too. It even depressed me EVEN THOUGH the ending was a happy one.

• 3 weeks later...

its pretty ok, & the endings r worth playing the game but some endings rnt all dat good

• 2 weeks later...

What made me feel bad about it was the overall gameplay when you BEAT IT ALL. It was Star Fox 64 all over again, the "Now what?" feeling when you beat a game. It's how I screwed up Star Fox Adventures by saving the game when I delivered the last krazoa spirit.

that dramatic effect music lol. . . it depressed me too. It even depressed me EVEN THOUGH the ending was a happy one.

thats was terrible!!!! music was terribly deppresing, i cried at several endings, and i was really sad at the intro. I fell into a mounth or two of deppesion, where all i could think about was what had happened in that game, and how fox and krystal had had sevral terrible fates. I have the game in my drawer, and i am afriad to put it into my ds...

so Command actually scarred you mentaly?

like...literally?

I find it strange on how people have cried at the endings as well as being scared by them.

so Command actually scarred you mentaly?

like...literally?

No, no exactely. i just had been looking up to fox, and when that hapened i felt so bad for him and krystal, well they were my hero's and to see these things happening to them was bad. I just got really sad for a few mounths, it didn't effect how i acted or what i did.

OH WELL I THOUGHT YOU WERE :trollface: ing and you only said that because you thought the game was horrible

No, no exactely. i just had been looking up to fox, and when that hapened i felt so bad for him and krystal, well they were my hero's and to see these things happening to them was bad. I just got really sad for a few mounths, it didn't effect how i acted or what i did.

lol for a moment we were thinking of you permanently shifting your life all around just for a game! SFC made me feel bad too at certain endings. I didn't like the one when Team Star Fox flew their last mission and Fox and Crystal made a kid. Then in the end, Falco is the old guy in the new Star Fox team lead by Marcus McCloud. . . . . . . . . HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF. . . . . it made me feel like "was that how it all goes out down the family line of Fox?????"

Who voted "Because it's portable" HOW'S THAT A BAD THING . . . LIKE . . . AT ALL?????

They could have meant it that it's a good thing. I admit, I don't think it's a very good poll.  :P

If I could select two, I would pick gameplay and storyline (which doesn't entirely exist). Both bad reasons.

They could have meant it that it's a good thing. I admit, I don't think it's a very good poll.  :P

NEVERTHELESS. . . . . . . . . (I just wanna say that lol)

• 6 months later...

Normally I'd come out here on Raw, Flash this World Heavyweight title, and once again remind all you people out there, and all you suckers in the back, that i AM the best in the business, and whether you love it, or you hate it, you ALL tune in to see it. That's what I'd normally do, but instead, i'm going to talk about SFC, Which sucked for the following reasons, 1 gameplay. The mechanics involving fuel and time were annoying 2 the endings? most of them are terrible.... no wait, they all are, and the storyline was pretty *does the so so sign* ugh. It lacked quality in my opinion.

I hated command for its controls, its multiple endings, and its incredibly depressing storyline. As a person who supports the "Krystal+Fox" thing, the thought of Krystal and Fox not being together is depressingly sad. Also the thought of her becoming Kursed or going with Panther just makes it worse. I thought the multiplayer is alright but for some reason I never got to try it out because my DS can't connect to Nintendo wifi. But I really thought it was awesome that James McCloud was a playable character for a bit. But I still wouldn't be surprised if it was reviewed by the AVGN or Spoony

<3 love this post because it describes my feelings of the game 100%