Setting the record straight: Krystal Cosplayers (image heavy)

Mr. Krystal

It has come to my attention that there is considerable confusion with regard to the gender of various Krystal cosplayers. Not that it matters if a guy decides to costume as a female character for the sake of costuming, it does bug me when people automatically assume that the lack of massive breasts equals a guy pretending to be a girl. So, to set the record straight, here are all of the Krystal cosplayers along with the cosplayer's gender, ordered by how sure I am of their gender (based on various conversations, profile information, photos, and other evidence).

kattheleopardess.jpg

Kat the Leopardess - Female

Schyrai.jpg

Schyrai - Female

CrystalEmberIsolteCollins.jpg

Crystal "Ember Isolte" Collins - Female

Myu.jpg

Myu - Female

RockyTheEchidna.jpg

Rocky the Echidna/Mew Mew Rocky - Female

KrazyKacophony.jpg

Krazy Kacophony - Female

kursed.jpg

batgirlga27 - Female

KailahRattray.jpg

Kailah Rattray - Female

ayano.jpg

Ayano Harumaki - Female

Filicia22x.jpg

Filicia22x (no photos exist of the mask being worn) - Female

mystery.jpg

Mystery Assault Cosplayer - Unknown, no evidence either way

japanexpo.jpg

Japan Expo Cosplayer - Unknown, evidence for male

Finally, ToonyCoon (male) at one time attempted a Krystal mask, but has recently abandoned the project, at least for now.

ayano.jpg

Yeah, I was actually going to ask you about this over msn since in another topic some people were sure it was a guy and I was like "Um...no?"

Thanks for the clarification anyhow. :)

P.S. We miss having you around Mr. K

Ayano is a girl's name. All her friends refer to her as a girl. Fursuits simply don't show cleavage period. And again, assumption of male is invalid. Far more women cosplay as Krystal than men. Currently there are no confirmed male Krystal cosplayers, except perhaps for the Krystal Spy:

Furry Fiesta 2010 044

Currently there are no confirmed male Krystal cosplayers, except perhaps for the Krystal Spy:

Furry Fiesta 2010 044

???

I don't know what you're talking about. Looks like a typical Krystal cosplayer to me.

Furry Fiesta 2010 044

On a side note, I really wish people wouldn't cosplay as a scantily clothed character (of either gender) if they don't have the figure for it. I'm a bit of a "fluffy" guy myself, and you won't see me cosplaying as a shirtless skinny or muscular guy. JDLR

Did this thread start because of what I said on YouTube?

I'm sure it started as a result of Sabre's topic about Cosplay.  Specifically however, concerning Robert's comment of the cosplayer possibility a dude.  Although your two posts in that topic made me lol  :P

I'm sure it started as a result of Sabre's topic about Cosplay.  Specifically however, concerning Robert's comment of the cosplayer possibility a dude.  Although your two posts in that topic made me lol  :P

Me causesing drama with a non-flamatory comment? Surely you jest? ;)

lolguy.jpg

On a side note, I really wish people wouldn't cosplay as a scantily clothed character (of either gender) if they don't have the figure for it. I'm a bit of a "fluffy" guy myself, and you won't see me cosplaying as a shirtless skinny or muscular guy. JDLR

I have to disagree. Yes, seeing fat krystal is kind of sadface, given that most anime and game characters have almost impossable bodies if you stick to that demand there would be nothing to cosplay.

I have to disagree. Yes, seeing fat krystal is kind of sadface, given that most anime and game characters have almost impossable bodies if you stick to that demand there would be nothing to cosplay.

I agree. I'd rather see people try and fail than see people abandon all hope.

I agree. I'd rather see people try and fail than see people abandon all hope.

Here here. :D