Experimental RP Idea, heavily inspied from the Ace Attorney series.

Milkyway64

Ever wanted to solve a murder? How about debate in the courtroom with the law's most genius agents? Or maybe none of that fits your style, and you'd rather pull the strings and watch the system try to break your elaborate crime? Well, perhaps we can do that. Perhaps.

Firstly, I shall explain what this is. It's a court case RP. Someone's died, two sides of the law are fighting for a verdict, detectives and police forces are investigating, witnesses are being question, and somewhere, a mastermind is running free. Or is he? That's for you guys to find out or hide. Here's the thing, everyone, everyone except for an NPC judge and bailiff, will be under someone's control. This might make the smarter among you wonder how any mystery can be preserved when anything said is available for public viewing. It won't be. This RP will take place moreso OFF SFO than it will on. On certain dates, trials will be held. Those will be public. Everything else, including all questioning, investigation, and other such info gathering will all be done through PM or IM systems.

Here's the bad. As you can see, this is a very, very open and free form RP with any result possible. The real criminal may or may not be found guilty and may or may not be the initially charged culprit. For this to work, it needs EXACTLY the right people. We need smart individuals who can think on the fly in court, a really clever villain to keep things going, and witnesses who can keep the facts straight. This isn't just a story, it's a game with a real sense of competition. Basically, all it takes is one weak link to destroy it all, and so I will be VERY picky about who goes where or even gets in. Lastly, I leave with a cast sheet. And yes, you may enter anthros if you like.

We need:

1-2 defense/prosecution attorneys (never hurts to have a backup in case someone can't make it to trial date)

1-2 detectives

1 chief of police (said detective's boss)

3-7 witnesses

1 defendant

I might be forgetting some spots, but that should cover it for now. Thoughts?

Seems interesting. Though I'll hold on to my reservations and just bid for a spot as a witness.

I would love to take the position as one of the Defense attorneys, if you would let me. I need to write a character for this, but I really like this Idea, and hopw you will let me join in, Milky.

I'm interested, but I fear due to the uncertanity that comes with my current job, I'm not going to be available at the right times to participate like I should be.

I'll have to think about it for a bit. If I want to give it a go, I want to place dibs on the chief of the police, with a detective being my second pick.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

you always have the good idea's general... i must say i'm interested

I have an RP already going for right now, though. Maybe this will happen later.

Alright, in the meantime I'll be deciding between a few different character ideas I have that could fill in a spot here. I've got like two different ideas for detectives, but I'll have to look into the subject first before I'm sure I can handle that kind of role.