What if one of Command's endings were canon?

Harlow

13 members have voted

1. 1. If they were canon, which Command ending would be better for the series story?

• 1. Fox and Krystal
    • 2. Goodbye Fox
    • 3. The Anglar Emperor
    • 4. Star Wolf Returns
    • 5. Lucy and Krystal
    • 6. Dash Makes a Choice
    • 7. Slippy's Resolve
    • 8. Pigma's Revenge
    • 9. The Curse of Pigma

If one of the endings (hopefully not) would be Canon. Which would you prefer?

My option. Ending 5. They get the bad guy and reunite like nothing happened.

Either one or five because those pretend that nothing happened.

I do like the idea of Krystal in Star Wolf (ie. conflict and characterization) though so if we had to go with one of the plot-changing endings, there you go.

That would make the worst game in the series cannon, and depending on which ending was canonized, It would give or deprive me of my chance to give Panther a much deserved bowl of KO soup.

That would make the worst game in the series cannon, and depending on which ending was canonized, It would give or deprive me of my chance to give Panther a much deserved bowl of KO soup.

Nah that'd still be adventures. (ba dum PSH)

Anyhow, lol @ panther hate

I think shocking endings (2, 4 and 9 being the ones that I think as most) are, even though twisteed and riveting on the beginning, short-lived and far from the original format we all like

All are horrible in my opinion, so I refrain from voting for one of them, but feel my voice should still be heard. XD

If I had to choose which ending would be canon, I would have to go with ending 5, Lucy and Krystal. Everybody celebrates the defeat of the Anglars and everything goes back to how it was before.

Let's dig up my old commentary on the Command endings from exactly a year ago:

They're pretty much ALL bad. Let's evaluate!

Ending 1: Fox and Krystal

This one is one of the better ones, but its still flawed as all hell. Its pretty much a "status quo is god" ending, with everythin back to the way it was before hand. Starfox gets back together, Amanda joins the team, and all is well in the galaxy. Really the thing that bugs me the most is the name, because the ending has noooooooothing to do with Fox or Krystal.

Ending 2: Goodbye Fox

And this is one of the worst endings, hooray! I like to call it the "fanfic" ending, because its so.... perfect-happy. And basically Fox just wimps out and retires, totally defeating the purpose of him breaking up the team in the first place. And then we get the "next generation" crap of ending.... so yeah.

Ending 3: The Anglar Emporer

In what would have seemed to have been a HAPPY ending turns into an angsty one instead. Krystal decides to screw Fox over and join Starwolf out of the blue. I don't mind the concept of Krystal in Starwolf, but I -DO- mind HOW SHE GETS there. This just seems entirely OOC.

Ending 4: Starwolf Returns

Alot of these titles have jackshit to do with the endings, I've realized. Anyway, this is the infamous "Kursed" ending. Even more emo and angsty than the Anglar Emporer, Krystal not only screws Fox over for Starwolf, but then is in turned screwed over by everyone else and becomes an emo mercenary with a unoriginal name.

Ending 5: Lucy and Krystal

Another fanfiction-happy ending. Aside from the small amount of development we see between Lucy and Peppy, this ending is so generic it is almost laughable. It is nice to see Peppy's wife, but lolwomen doing all the cooking.

Ending 6: Dash Makes a Choice

Personally, this ending pisses me off the most. Out of NOWHERE, Dash suddenly becomes some crazy Andross-filler villain and attacks Corneria, despite in the game Dash being an admirer of Starfox. Its total rubbish, designed only to give us Andross without actually reviving Andross. And personally, I'd rather just have Andross.

Ending 7: Slippy's Resolve

Arguably the best ending. It accomplishes nothing, but we get to see Slippy in a tophat, and that's pretty damn cool.

Ending 8: Pigma's Revenge

No, not you too, Falco! Now he's a damn emo angstpot. And what does Pigma have to do with Falco, anyway?? This entire ending is stupid as hell. And you gotta love how they just thow Dash into Star Falco because they needed a third pilot.

Ending 9: The Curse of Pigma

Fox becomes his most emo yet. Hooray. Another stupid ending that messes everything up, and has relatively little to do with Pigma, because its Starwolf that steals Fox's thunder. Even the F-Zero reference can't help it.

Fox and Krystal is a generic "happy ending" with status quo being safely restated. It's stupid, but workable.

Goodbye Fox is a fanfiction ending that pretty much capsizes any hope of any new Starfox installments, unless you're into those CHILDREN: THE SEQUEL stories (and we all know those almost never work).

Anglar Emporer has some potential, with Krystal joining Starwolf and all, to create an interesting and conflicting followup. Unfortunately it does so at the expense of making Krystal seem like a bitch and Fox as a wishywashy crybaby faggot.

Starwolf Returns has Kursed. No.

Lucy and Krystal is one parts fanfiction and one parts status quo being kept. Doesn't really do anything.

Dash Makes a Choice is possibly the biggest bullshit ending. Dash basically just becomes a new Andross, and I'd rather just have Andross.

Slippy's Resolve is another fanfiction/status quo ending. Nothing to build off of, except for maybe Leisure Suit Slippy: Amphibinoid with a Sweet Hat.

Pigma's Revenge: Its the Kursed ending, but for Falco. Stupid.

The Curse of Pigma is another one that just utterly capsizes the entire franchise. Unless Fox and Falco make it into the next F-Zero game or make a crossover or some shit.

Final verdict: THEY'RE ALL BAD. That said, Endings 1, 3, and 5 have a future, even if 1 and 5 literally don't change anything and 3 plagues Fox and Krystal with OOCitis.

If one of them is a cannon, then they should use it against the next enemy. :trollface:

The two good endings for me are the ending 1 and when Fox has a son and Marcus reforms the team.

My favourite part about these endings is that no matter which one you get, the Anglars are defeated. There's no negative consequence in that, and in the long run your in-game choices actually have no bearing on the main plot, and only the relationships of the characters.

Star Fox Command is not a strategy-shooter. It's a dating sim.

NOOOO%2521%2521%2521.JPG

Well, for me, the idea of a new generation Star Fox seems the most interesting. I'd just imagine the first mission were the Toad kid gets in trouble and Falco mocks that he takes after his dad. Would need to use Dash as the new Andross though. My vote is "Goodbye Fox".

1176772-633801847724396865_flameshield_s

^ That's my exact problem with the "next generation". The characters are the exact same as the previous generation. Why bother?

^ That's my exact problem with the "next generation". The characters are the exact same as the previous generation. Why bother?

Exactly. They look like this

Marcus - Fox with a new color palette and a swirly hairdo

The Unnamed Toad (Let's call him Jesse for now) - Slippy with a new color palette and a cowboy hat

The Unnamed Rabbit (I'll call Amy for now) - Lucy Hare with a new color palette and a pink jumpsuit

Falco - The same, just with sunglasses

All these characters are just recolored versions of the same characters, and I guess Sunglasses are a sign of old age in the Lylat System. To say that these characters are remotely interesting is something I can't even fathom. New color palettes don't make interesting new characters.

9! Clearly nine!

Why? (Just to know, not to argue) For me, it just seems like a "Series' Death" adn not even a good one :?

None of them.

Aww. It's just a hypothetical question, Don't be a bad sport :troll:

Aww. It's just a hypothetical question, Don't be a bad sport :troll:

Yeah, a question no one likes the answer to, even on a hypothetical basis.

Well, for me, the idea of a new generation Star Fox seems the most interesting. I'd just imagine the first mission were the Toad kid gets in trouble and Falco mocks that he takes after his dad. Would need to use Dash as the new Andross though. My vote is "Goodbye Fox".

1176772-633801847724396865_flameshield_s

To add onto TheDras's comment, making Dash the new Andross is even further evidence of just making it "the same but different". Its stupid.

Exactly. Especially considering Fox is already taking on his father's legacy, Marcus is just doing the same damn thing, only he's blue with a stupid haircut.

And Marcus doesn't have the character history with Dash that Fox has with Andross. Andross never staying dead might be silly, but given the alternatives its probably the best choice.

Maybe they could all form a band and play 70's and 80's music all day. Who knows? *reveals guitar and plays Slow Ride*

I'd like to suggest my own ending.

Ending 10: All of the Lylat System was devastated by a giant supernova, with buildings blown apart, trees snapped, and all the flesh and bone of every life form, Cornerian, Venomian, Aparoid, Anglar, and so on and so forth, seered away and vaporized to nothingness; that is, until Fox finally snaps out of his slumber with a scream of panic and fear. As he tries to get himself situated, he peers over to his clock, reading 03:00 and, with a grunt of anger, throws his head back on the pillow on which he had that startling dream, only to be wisked away by the sandman, as the snow globe on the nightstand that contained a miniature space ship inside kept snowing, to only stop when Fox's slumber came to cease.

what_a_twist.jpg