Blue Fur

Harlow

24 members have voted

1. 1. Krystal's Blue Fur...

• Yes! it fits very well!
    • No! who had the brilliant idea?!
    • Other

Since Krystal's one of the few characters with an unusual fur color, what's yout take on it?

I'm honestly against it. Maybe's a bit too much for all she can do (magic, telepathy...)

Where's the option for "It's not a stellar fit, but also doesn't need to be changed."

In short, it doesn't much matter. Her color works fine as far as appearance goes, and it doesn't make her any worse of a character, but it also doesn't do anything for her at all.

I voted "other" because I don't care. :3

I don't really care for it too much. Besides, Blue is a overused color anyway...

It's not overused for foxes or vixens. This is why IMO it's such a unique fit for her.

Someone took an official picture of Krystal from Adventures and painted her 6 or 7 different colors other than blue and blue by far looked the best for her. However this is only my opinion.

In short, it doesn't much matter. Her color works fine as far as appearance goes, and it doesn't make her any worse of a character, but it also doesn't do anything for her at all.

Basically this, and also, she was blue in her original form.

04640w.jpg

This is off-topic, but I saw her fighting in various Dinosaur Planet videos with her staff, just for a bunch of seconds.

She looked pretty badass. And not fanfic badass. She was going to be canon badass. She reminded me of Katt from Breath of Fire II.

Yes, I have things for girls with fighting skills.

It's not overused for foxes or vixens.

FYI: Vixens are foxes.

FYI: Vixens are foxes.

Yes I am very well aware of that. Technically I should have phrased my post as "It's not overused for foxes or, in this case, vixens" :P

Since Krystal's the only character with an unusual fur color, what's yout take on it?

Falco, Katt, Amanda, Lucy, and Katt's friend from FBF would all like a word with you.

That being said, yeah I like her fur, just because her design is the only thing she has going for her.

Is blue fur something to really get upset about? <_<

As for me I think it looks nice, but I don't really care about that.

I think it is "alright"... (that's not saying much). I'm against it. In my opinion, she should have had orange fur or a similar color.

Visual short hand for 'exotic', simple as that.

Also I lol'd... the topic title used to be an old inside joke at the KLA a few years back.

I can't really say it's crossed my mind to be honest, and as a Sonic fan Its certainly not my place to go around criticising Blue fur, but I suppose it works fine for showing that Krystal is from a different planet to the rest of the team.

It's kind of like the Simpsons, I stopped noticing they were Yellow years ago :P

It makes her memorable. (I don't think there ARE any other blue Vixins)

It makes her memorable. (I don't think there ARE any other blue Vixins)

Animals of Farthing Wood was full of blue foxes and vixens. :D That show was super popular over here in the 90s.

I don't really care either way, though I admit I can't really see her being another color because I'm so used to blue. I just pretend that her... people? had something in their diet that made them all blue so Krystal isn't really all that special.

04640w.jpg

This is off-topic, but I saw her fighting in various Dinosaur Planet videos with her staff, just for a bunch of seconds.

She looked pretty badass. And not fanfic badass. She was going to be canon badass. She reminded me of Katt from Breath of Fire II.

Yes, I have things for girls with fighting skills.

In response to that last portion of the comment...So do I

By any chance Serigoth, do you notice what seems to be a health bar next to the dinosaur image (possibly Tricky?) on the top right corner of the gameplay image? If that is, I could imagine how the degree of difficulty suddenly increases for the game. And it would have added a bit of strategy too. Possibly leading to the neccesity of using Tricky's flamethrower breath attack thing in order to fight harder enemies.

I'm going to say I like the blue fur because it makes her stand out. I should possibly word what I am about to say better...

Basically, imagine Krystal with the same fur color as Fox. Some people may not describe them together as Fox and Krystal. They would probably think more along the lines of "Fox and the soon-to-be wife of his". It's more or less a way for Krystal to get a leg up on the other characters and encourage gamers to want to know more about her, as the rest of the team has traditional colors in respect to their species. (nevermind SF64 Katt)

I find it interesting that Fara is not a very well-known character in the SF series even by the ordinary fans of the series. Ok sure, she wasn't included in the games for whatever reason. However, think about her personality and how it relates to the other members of the SF team. In my opinion, she is essentially just a female version of Fox McCloud, minus the death of a father. She is as fearless as him, for the most part, and likewize dives into the action head-on to protect all that is good in Lylat.

Krystal has blue fur for the sole purpose of distinguishing herself from the rest of the characters in the series. I just realized I took the time to analze fur color and it's affects on people's perspectives... :facepalm:

Ill say yes, it fits her well. Blue is sometimes used to describe dark and mysterious characters. Krystal is mysterious becasue Adventures is the first time we see or hear of her, and we dont know what to expect of her. That and i like blue fur ^_^

Basically, imagine Krystal with the same fur color as Fox. Some people may not describe them together as Fox and Krystal. They would probably think more along the lines of "Fox and the soon-to-be wife of his".

They already think of her as that.

I find it interesting that Fara is not a very well-known character in the SF series even by the ordinary fans of the series. Ok sure, she wasn't included in the games for whatever reason.

ಠ_ಠ

However, think about her personality and how it relates to the other members of the SF team. In my opinion, she is essentially just a female version of Fox McCloud, minus the death of a father. She is as fearless as him, for the most part, and likewize dives into the action head-on to protect all that is good in Lylat.

What does this have to do with having a natural fur colour and not just halfway-decent writing? (She's a different species than Fox, for what that's worth)

Krystal has blue fur for the sole purpose of distinguishing herself from the rest of the characters in the series. I just realized I took the time to analze fur color and it's affects on people's perspectives... :facepalm:

So basically you're saying...Krystal has blue fur because she has nothing else going for her? :trollface:

^THIS ^ :trollface:

Krystal is Blue and a Telepath, those are the only characteristics that give her any sort of traits that could be deemed interesting. Besides this, we have no idea what her skills are, how she fits in with the rest of the team, and what her goals are.

At least the rest of the Starfox team have defined roles and (basic) personalities. Fox is the confident but sometimes impatient and self centred leader, Falco is the arrogant, hotheaded, but very talented Pilot, Slippy is Energetic and enthusiastic as a mechanic but lacks flight skill, and Peppy is the veteran that adds wisdom and experience to the group.

Then there's Krystal, she's Blue, telepathic, and the last of her kind. That's it. Her and fox show no actual chemistryand the telepathy is only used so she can deviate Assault off to Sauria to please adventures fantards. Krystal is a Mary Sue, plain and simple, she's there to look pretty and be a shallow love interest, that's it. The sheer fact she's Blue shows they were just desperately trying to give her at least one distinguishing feature.

She was blue in Dinosaur Planet too, where she had a much more important role so I don't think they made her blue for the sole purpose of excusing her personality. But the thing about Dinosaur Planet was that the characters were supposed to be a "fantasy species" anyways.

I could care less. It's just what color fur she has... :/