Meet Rhus!

Drasiana

My only semi-active Star Fox RP character at the moment. Her backstory and minor details can change depending on the situation I stick her in but this is generally how she rolls:

Name: Rhus Lancre

Name Pronunciation: Should be "russ" but she pronounces it "rhoos" because she thinks it sounds more feminine (it doesn't help)

Species: Red river hog

Planet: Papetoon

Strengths: smooth-talking, sharpshooting, street smarts and mostly just dumb luck. Can play the dulcimer.

Weaknesses: street smarts are her only smarts, often clueless, brash, irritating

First, Rhus was an orphan. That would be the lasting definition of her character for quite some time, upgrading to "street rat" once she became a teenager and "hobo" once she became an adult. She lasted that long by blundering into favourable situations on the dusty streets of Papetoon, stealing for a living and managing by some miracle not to get caught (she has never exactly been a small target). Combat is usually performed (granted she doesn't run away) with her fists or whatever weapon happens to be nearby, and while she isn't a particularly good pilot she sure knows how to aim a turret. To her, money doesn't have lasting importance; she only uses it when she needs to and even then she prefers to just sort of take things. While she is a criminal, her level of actual danger (or so one assumes) is so minimal that often soldiers don't find it all that necessary to actively pursue her. She plays the dulcimer, as unbefitting of her it is, and many a time has she taken up the "annoying distracting bard" mantle; but secretly when she plays it, she thinks of the other planets, and their music that she may hear if she could only leave the god-forsaken Papetoon. She gets the opportunity when she meets a neurotic and sneaky crow named Freke, who somewhat unintentionally (and somewhat intentionally) becomes her partner in crime (among other things). Treasure-hunting, running, swashbuckling, sharpshooting, uncovering eldritch dieties and general mayhem ensue.

ohai_by_vaudeville_grifter-d3je3l7.png

Just stopping in to say that Rhus is indeed awesome.

Interesting how her backstory and the like has evolved since that one time we all tried to run around Papetoon doing fuck-all. :P

Nice. The character is really well described. I like that cool picture as well. But I don't know why... But it seems that almost everytime someone makes a fan fiction character... They always have to be an orphan... Why is that? lol.

With her, it's not an angst vehicle like a good number of fan characters like to have...and characters in general, at that. I used it as a tool to stick her in a place of poverty. There's nothing particularly classy about Rhus, and her upbringing (or lack thereof) would have to have a part in that. I imagine she was straight-up abandoned rather than her parents being killed by some DARK MENACE that she later has to avenge, but the important part is that she's a street rat. Greater contrast for when she eventually leaves her dirt-hole planet and finds fantastical things in Lylat. Think Aladdin ;)

Suffice to say, this doesn't happen:

batman%27s+parents+are+dead.jpg