The Missing Link

chaos_Leader

Bear with me, as this is the first time I've tried doing something like this.

RP Name/Title:

The Missing Link.

(subject to possible change, but not likely)

Style:

Forum

Theme:

Star Fox

Setting:

Lylat system, roughly ten years before the Great Lylat War.

Description:

Andross is politically ambitious, but no military threat; considered a passionate visionary by some, and an egocentric opportunist by others. James McCloud's Star Fox is just another band of mercenaries among countless others. Sauria and Cerinia are known but still very isolated, distant, and tucked away in the back of the peoples' minds...

It is an uneasy, uncertain period in Lylat's history. Recent technological and scientific breakthroughs see the world change rapidly all around. Once unthinkable goals that were the realm of science fiction and fantasy are becoming more and more feasible with each passing year. At this point, the worlds of Lylat are bound together in an uneasy union, the "Lylat Union" (comparable to the Europe's EU). Tensions between the planetary governments rise in this uncertainty, in this "Great Nervous Renaissance", and sometimes these simmering tensions boil over. Espionage circles, pirate groups, smuggling cartels and other illicit black-market activity thrive within this widespread tension and new opportunities. The taste of a great Cold War is in everybody's mouths.

So it is no surprise when each of you have been gathered to the Sargasso station freeport, and then onto an ordinary passenger cruiser, given tickets and notes by mysterious strangers who don't answer your questions, and simply say that "it will be explained later."

It's later, and your tickets have brought you all to the same private compartment, of the same ship, into a room full of strange strangers.

Goals:

1) The goals that are set before you, should you choose to pursue them.

2) Survive.

Okay folks. I'm goring to try a little something different compared to the usual Roleplay fare that flies around the Star Fox boards. This is a variation of the classic "mercs brought together" trope, with a bit of a "hardboiled", "film noir", "cloak-and-dagger" "mystery thriller" type vibe going on. There's stuff going down alright, but you think I'm just going to give it away here before you even play? No, you're going to uncover the layers of deceit, deception, and treachery right there along with your characters, to uncover whatever truth is buried down there. A word of caution to you all: watch your backs, people you'll run into in these places aren't the kind who're inclined to fight fair.

Players (Ideally I'd like to shoot for around five or so, but I can work with a little more or a little less):

-

-

-

-

-

Some guidelines for characters:

-It doesn't really matter where your character came from or what they did before. What matters is that they have a talent/skill that is useful, they can handle themselves in a pinch, and that they're now for hire. If you can meet these criteria, I can probably work around almost anything else you come up with.

-They have to be pre-Lylat war. You can use your fan characters, so long as they are properly tweaked to fit the pre-war setting.

-"Supernatural advantages": In this setting, folks suspect that all these new scientific/tech advances might turn up "superpowers" but there's no proof yet, just wild-eyed speculation. So unless you can make a good case to me why your character has a "power" and isn't locked away in a lab somewhere (hey, it can happen), then it's probably not happening.

-No one player is going to have a team of their own at their disposal. You have other players with other characters, work together and form your own team.

Once you have your character, post his/her details in the character sub-forum and provide a link here, everyone can take a quick look. Ideally, the less the characters know about each other, the better; find out the details on your own.

I'll join this if you don't mind waiting on my character's profile. I'd be using Lenka, but I'm in the process of reworking her character.

The way I hear it, it'll be a bit of a wait one way or another. There's no rush.

• 1 month later...

Heck, im game. I love a good RP, and im now dabbling in a new Fan Fiction, so this could give me some good idea's.

Here's my Charicter Bio, in advance ^-^

Name: Zen-Aku

Occupation: Master Theif, Graduating from the Fichinian Pilot's Academy

Race: Albino Wolf.

Weapon of choice: Blaster

Markings: Small scar rolling down left cheek

Clothing: Torn Black Jeans, Armored Jacket.

Extra info: Is a total scatterbrain, but usefull in a pinch. Has a deep secret...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still willing to run with this possible RP, if I can get enough dedicated players...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Y'know, if this isn't dead, I'd like to RP with you once again. It was fun playing with you when we did it on Asper's old RP.

If we can get the people, I can resurrect this idea and run with it, but we need the players.

If we can get the people, I can resurrect this idea and run with it, but we need the players.

Well, I think we got 5 (with you) if ev'ryone who commented are still able.

I wasn't planning on participating in the RP itself, not as a player anyway. I see my position in all this as more like the DM of a tabletop RPG. I set you down your path, come up with things as you go, play the parts of NPCs when needed, and generally keep watch over the game.

As you wish, but I think a position like Asper had (player/director) would fit nicely

• 1 month later...

[Does this RP still have interest and/or users willing to participate? If not, I'll close this topic; a minor setback to creating another great RP request I'm sure. :-P]

[EDIT: Locked upon creator consent]

Edited by crazyfooinc
: Status Update