Head to Head #1!

Star_Dragon

Head to Head #1  

8 members have voted

1. 1. If the UNSC and the Borg went head-to-head, who would emerge victorious?

• UNSC (Explain)
    • Borg (Explain)

If the UNSC and the Borg went head-to-head, who would win? Lemme give you a rundown of what I have on both races:

///UNSC\\\

Desc: The United Nations Space Command is, in essence, a futuristic Human race. Had they not encountered the Covenant (or the encounter with the Covvies went another direction, you decide), they would not be as weak as they are in the HALO series.

Main Weapons: Magnetic Accelerator Cannons (MAC), Archer Missiles, Autocannons, Projectile & Explosive weaponry (Infantry)

Main Strengths: Strength in Numbers

Main Weaknesses: No form of Energy shielding for their vessels or troops.

///Borg\\\

Desc: The Borg have spent Centuries evolving in an area of space far from the eyes of humans. It was entirely by chance that they discovered humans in the first place. They have a vast multitude of weapons and troops at their disposal, and they grow more powerful with each race they assimilate.

Main Weapons: Cutting beams, Shield Inversion/Gravimetric Torpedoes.

(Bear in mind, these next two parts are... questionable. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Main Strengths: Adaptation to energy-based weapons

Main Weaknesses: Kill the Queen, you kill the Collective.

Who do you think will win?

I go with the Borg. Strong and adaptive is one of the best ways to win a war.

Plus I'm a huge Star Trek fan.

Also If you kill he queen, You don't really kill the collective, just confuses them until a new leader emerges. (Virus in Voyager.)

The borg, while powerfull, are ultamitly weak against projecticular weaponry. The UNSC uses Magnetically acellerated blah de bla (RAILGUNS) You cannot Adapt to a physical object, and while armor is strong most borg ships (from my knowledge) would be eviscerated.

Ground combat is a no win situation for the borg. Projectiles would rip them into little peices, as thats the simple assault rifle. WArthogs could plow over them, Hornets, all sorts of other Halo Tech would obliterate the Borg.

And lets not even get into Spartans.

The assimilation thing, you must get close or penetrate armor to assimilate, long range combat and the borg must close in.

i do believe the end result would be.

UNSC WINS

FLAWLESS VICTORY

FATALITY

The Borg would most certainly win. They can adapt to any weapon.......well.....except for the infinity modulator or Imod. (Go play or look up Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force. Then you'll understand.)

The borg, while powerfull, are ultamitly weak against projecticular weaponry. The UNSC uses Magnetically acellerated blah de bla (RAILGUNS) You cannot Adapt to a physical object, and while armor is strong most borg ships (from my knowledge) would be eviscerated.

Ground combat is a no win situation for the borg. Projectiles would rip them into little peices, as thats the simple assault rifle. WArthogs could plow over them, Hornets, all sorts of other Halo Tech would obliterate the Borg.

And lets not even get into Spartans.

The assimilation thing, you must get close or penetrate armor to assimilate, long range combat and the borg must close in.

i do believe the end result would be.

UNSC WINS

FLAWLESS VICTORY

FATALITY

This is what shields are for, every space civilization has them. The Borg have conquered hundreds of planets (if not thousands) over hundreds of years, and it's fair to assume that many of them had more primitive technology like projectiles and rail-guns and thus I'm very sure they would be able to defend against more basic projectile weapons. Even so, if they were really that vulnerable to them than the Federation and other powers in the Alpha Quadrant would have noticed that right off the bat and they wouldn't have been that much of a threat.

I'm honestly failing to see how the Borg cannot prepare against more "primitive" non-energy weapons while they can adapt to virtually any type of energy weapon....sure they have weaknesses (like the cordial node above their right eye), and effective modulation, but your strategy isn't nearly as simple as you think it is.

Ran the scenario in a couple of games (EAWFOC w/ Galaxies at War mod & Star Trek: Armada II with a mod of my own), and teh Borg won, hands down. The fact that screwed the UNSC over was A.) they had PRIMITIVE weapons, and B.) they had no SHIELDS. Now, I must set up teh next scenario... Unless, that is, you want me to pit two races you pick against each other. You decide - but I won't wait forever, no offense.

THat is true "User"

I'm honestly failing to see how the Borg cannot prepare against more "primitive" non-energy weapons while they can adapt to virtually any type of energy weapon....sure they have weaknesses (like the cordial node above their right eye), and effective modulation, but your strategy isn't nearly as simple as you think it is.

i do believe the Borg Sheilds defend against Energy weapons by disrupting the weapons Frequency. Physical Objects do not have a frequency. Picard is shown Blowing Away borg Drones with a Holographic Tommygun. Whilst im Certain the Borg would eventually start Jamming actual Shields onto their drones, the sheer fact that the borg also lack any sort of actual heavy support will probably jam them into a hard palce int he long run.

THat is true "User"

i do believe the Borg Sheilds defend against Energy weapons by disrupting the weapons Frequency. Physical Objects do not have a frequency. Picard is shown Blowing Away borg Drones with a Holographic Tommygun. Whilst im Certain the Borg would eventually start Jamming actual Shields onto their drones, the sheer fact that the borg also lack any sort of actual heavy support will probably jam them into a hard palce int he long run.

What do you mean by "heavy support"?

BY heavy support, i mean vehicular support Ranging from Simple APC's to Heavy Tanks.

In Halo's case i mean the Warhog and the Scorpoin Tank.

BY heavy support, i mean vehicular support Ranging from Simple APC's to Heavy Tanks.

In Halo's case i mean the Warhog and the Scorpoin Tank.

You mean land vehicles than? You see, the borg don't need that kind of stuff as they can demolish pretty much anything they want if they are planted above a planet - land vehicles....aren't worthy enough to be assimilated.

This is what shields are for, every space civilization has them. The Borg have conquered hundreds of planets (if not thousands) over hundreds of years, and it's fair to assume that many of them had more primitive technology like projectiles and rail-guns and thus I'm very sure they would be able to defend against more basic projectile weapons. Even so, if they were really that vulnerable to them than the Federation and other powers in the Alpha Quadrant would have noticed that right off the bat and they wouldn't have been that much of a threat.

user you forget that pekard obliterates a few on them with a tommy

user you forget that pekard obliterates a few on them with a tommy

And when they were on the borg ship they were able to do the same thing before they adapted in The Best of Both Worlds. Heck, the first time they met the borg in "Q Who?" they were able to damage the borg ship fairly severely with just regular phaser fire before they beamed on board.

Borg can adapt. No...borg WILL adapt. :-)

Borg can adapt. No...borg WILL adapt. :-)

Not just adapt,

Assimilate!