"The Road Warriors" Discussion thread.

Asper Sarnoff

Questions, suggestions and ramdom chit-chat related to the roleplay goes here.

Don't take this wrong, but try to not speed it up like WLBTS. I'd be a bit busy this week.

Also, a generic RP doubt. How much is it allowed to manipulate/interact with other characters in your own posts? I know you can't get other characters to say anyhting or do any significant action you want without the others' permission, but still...

Don't take this wrong, but try to not speed it up like WLBTS. I'd be a bit busy this week.

Also, a generic RP doubt. How much is it allowed to manipulate/interact with other characters in your own posts? I know you can't get other characters to say anyhting or do any significant action you want without the others' permission, but still...

Don't worry. My roleplays tend to move rather slowly.

Well, I'd strongly advice against doing anything too big. Minor details to add some life to the big picture is good, example:

"With the pass blocked, we'll have to make a detour." Fenris grunted as he folded the map out over the roasting hot hood of his car. "There's this old caravan route we can take, it's over twice as long..." A loud groan of displeassure could be heard from Steele. "...But it's at least driveable. What do you think?"

Stuff like the underlined part is good. Just remember to keep it in character for that particular person, and avoid doing anything the owing player wouldn't want.

You will find me doing a bit of over-ruling your characters from time to time, just to keep the story moving along within the boundaries I've planned. That's part of being a game-master. I'll try to be as gentle as possible and not do something that'd put you at a disadvantage or in a bad light, and I hope you people will speak up if you think I become too much of a control-freak.

I guess swearing's allowed, right? It's a grown-up action setting, after all

Hey.

Not meaning to criticize, but to correct. Chaos' character took up the tanker, not mine. We had a mini agreement prior (part of the dialogue), so you might want to re-read that part and re-edit your post Asper.

Hey.

Not meaning to criticize, but to correct. Chaos' character took up the tanker, not mine. We had a mini agreement prior (part of the dialogue), so you might want to re-read that part and re-edit your post Asper.

Okay. It was a couple days since I read that. I'll go back and edit.

About the big tanker truck:

Do you have the exact specifications for what we're using, the make/model and what's attached, or do I get to invent those as I see fit?

About the big tanker truck:

Do you have the exact specifications for what we're using, the make/model and what's attached, or do I get to invent those as I see fit?

It's a big american truck with a long hood and the cathedral-like grille, with welded on armor and a spiky plow up front. Apart from that, go wild.

I grow anxious for the first fight...

... NO PRISONERS!!! NO MERCY!!!

So when *do* we end up in a fight? And who controls the enemy? Just curious.

So when *do* we end up in a fight? And who controls the enemy? Just curious.

it's all on Asper's control, but I guess it'll be "on the morning after leaving the town"

Original plans were to wait a bit longer before starting a scrap. While the setting is dark and grimy, the emphasis in this RP is just as much on trying evade combat as starting it. Staying alive.

I might however create some extra trouble for us a bit earlier if you fancy.

Fine by me, so long as I can decapitate somebody...

... did I really just say that?

I'll try and post something sometime. Right now I'm just super swamped with work stuff, I'm literally posting this in the 20 minute meal break I have between huge swaths of work stuff.

That's okay chaos. We'll make sure not to move so fast you get left behind.

Okay, first scrap out of the way. Time for a quick recap.

Everyone's putting lot of effort into their writing, that's good to see. Keep that up.

This RP is one of the more gory ones we've had on SF-O so far, pretty borderline of what is tolerable. I think our current level is okay, but be carefull not to take it any further. I'll assume responsibility if it goes too far and we get complaints.

And we're also a little too badass for our own good. Be carefull about going overboard with the godmodding. Your characters share your basic capabilities, try having that in mind. We could afford to dominate in this one, as our opponents were petty criminals with no combat experience or organising.

As for scavenging gear from the corpses. I've decided to allow this on a limited basis. For each scrap, I'll post the "loot" in this thread, and you can pick whatever you want from that. Feel free to make up clothing or similar stuff yourself if you fancy looting for a wardrobe change.

I'll also only be listing the weapons and gear that's worth keeping. Many people don't know how to service a gun, and as such, theiir guns are keept together by chicken wire and glue. So stuff like that we won't bother looking twice at. Harder enemies will usually carry better stuff.

This is on a first come, first serve basis, but feel free to trade or discuss who can keep what if you want something really badly. This should of course happen in character in the Rp thread.

Now, our first loot:

2x Lee-Enfield bolt action rifles. 20 .303 bullets.

1X Colt Peacemaker revolver. 3 .45 bullets.

1X unbranded 0.22 rifle. 30 .22 bullets.

1X Machete

2x Combat knives.

Dibs on one of the Lee-Enfields. I assume a scope can be attached to it? Either way...

Dibs on one of the Lee-Enfields. I assume a scope can be attached to it? Either way...

Trick is: finding a usable scope.

Trick is: finding a usable scope.

Indeed. Might be able to come over some later on. Then, it's a question of adjusting without spending too much ammo.

• 2 weeks later...

Note: From tommorow until Sunday, I'll be out of town. Internet might be unexistant or, at the very least, very hard to reach, so try to stall for these days fro a bit.

Note: From tommorow until Sunday, I'll be out of town. Internet might be unexistant or, at the very least, very hard to reach, so try to stall for these days fro a bit.

That's okay Harlow. It's good timing for a few days break.

I, too, must take a break. Asper, old friend, I must apologize for this - though it has passed, my... incident has left me a bit shaken. I'll recover, but not right away.

Take your time.

And yeah... I probably need to step back too, and stop procrastinating on this research paper I'm supposed to be writing.