Command...is it worth it?

Gestalt

I've never actually played this game and i've only heard of it. But i have a few extra bucks lying around and was wondering is it even really worth it?

So please tell me a little bit about...and don't worry I don't care about spoilers.

Definitely. You should be able to find it for next to no money now. In the UK I've seen it pre-owned for around £10. I enjoyed the play controls using the DS touch screen to control the craft and to perform maneuvers and it's WiFi connection meant that online multiplayer was always a lot of fun. Not sure how many people are still playing it but the main game should be enough. Plus it has local multiplayer as well.

However, the story is more of a miss than a hit. The game has multiple endings depending on which path you take throughout the game so it works in a similar way to SF64 in that respect but a lot of the endings actually leave you on a real downer with team members leaving, Star Fox disbanding and so on. There are a few good endings but it's not one of the best stories I've experience in a game.

Despite this, it's still fun to play today so worth it, especially if you find it relatively cheap. It's a real bargain in comparison to Mario 64 DS which I saw selling for £30 brand new! The game was a launch title for the DS for crying out loud!

If you consider yourself something of a hardcore Star Fox fan, then...buy a used copy at least.

The gameplay was sort of fun at first but got kind if repetative after a while. The story offers some good ideas but the bipolar tone and nonsensical plot points (like the fact that they're saving Lylat from EVIL FISH) kind of overshadow them with suckitude. I liked the differing ships and some of the gameplay elements, and a lot of the music was really nice (someone should remaster them though).

It wasn't a terrible game overall, just annoyingly mediocre at times

• Like 1

Depends on how much you're paying, really. I thought it was a mediocre game at best, but a lot of people seemed to love it (it holds a 4.1 on Mobygames). I never got too far into the game to really have a say, probably because I didn't think it was a very captivating game. I just didn't think the action/strategy blend worked all that well in Command. Also, I couldn't stand the clusterfuck of endings.

Overall, a lot of people loved it, but a lot of people also hated it. I'd say go try it out.

I see a pre-owned for $7 bucks....

By it to at least try it out then. $7 is easy to get a hold of so you won't have lost anything really, and your questions will be answered.

As my brother would say...

"If you see it fo cheaps, then pick it up."

...Or something along those lines. Just one of those taste testers, really. I've played the game before. It wasn't bad, but like other people said, it got repetitive and annoying at times. Some of the endings were okay, and some weren't. It's really all up to you if you want to get it.

Only if your willing to punish yourself through the god awful story, and the all all-range-mode retartedness. Personally I about threw up at the writing... correction, i DID throw up because of the writing. But if you've got a few extra bucks and are willing to spend 'em on something Starfox related, go for it. You have been thoroughly warned.

Hell no. Facepalmingly horrible storyline, bad controls, boring gameplay, and is overall an awful game. If you want to play Star Fox on the go, get the 3DS port of SF64 instead.

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed Command, as it was my entry into the series. This made the inconsistent characters less of an issue, making the story much more enjoyable on that first playthrough. And even despite the fact that the story is shot full of holes, the controls were tight and the gameplay was very solid. I'd definitely pick it up.

I actually enjoyed Command, as it was my entry into the series. This made the inconsistent characters less of an issue, making the story much more enjoyable on that first playthrough. And even despite the fact that the story is shot full of holes, the controls were tight and the gameplay was very solid. I'd definitely pick it up.

tumblr_lrczy8CQT11ql4bx0.gif

• Like 2

i am gonna say yes.......but keep in mind the game will change you. if you have any respect for the star fox seires prepare to loss it. The game is okay in till the story which was horrible enough to kill the whole game for me. but, as horrible as it is somthing you need to see. as much as it will kill you it is you need to no what happens. good luck

Ajc, it's a video game, not a deployment to Afghanistan.

Nnnope....

i am gonna say yes.......but keep in mind the [it] will change you. if you have any respect for the [army] prepare to loss it.... but, as horrible as it is, its somthing you need to see. As much as it will kill you, you need to no what happens. good luck

It looks like deployment to Afghanistan, to me...

I went into Command already knowing the story was crap, but I was okay with that, and had made my peace long before I ever touched the the game. That said, I rather liked the gameplay of it (still do). But really, lets be honest here: since when has a Star Fox game ever had a stellar storyline in the first place?

Nnnope....

It looks like deployment to Afghanistan, to me...

I can tell you right now the Stress of going to a hostile place to spend a few months in the comfort of a dusty barracks surronded by people you don't really like to much and being taken from the luxuries of everday life all the while worrying about not coming back from is significantly worse than anything this game could ever do to you.

It's OK gameplay-wise (Since I guess it's Starfox 2) but not so good on storyline.

I am gonna say yes but keep in mind the game will change you. If you have any respect for the star fox series, prepare to lose it. The game is okay until the story was horrible enough to kill the whole game for me.

(Fix'ed :P)

Y'know every game franchise once in a while gets a bad title but that doesn't mean 'OH NOEZ, IT'S SO BAD I CAN'T PLAY ANOTHER STARFOX GAME'.

I can tell you right now the Stress of going to a hostile place to spend a few months in the comfort of a dusty barracks surronded by people you don't really like to much and being taken from the luxuries of everday life all the while worrying about not coming back from is significantly worse than anything this game could ever do to you.

take a joke, emp :P

Here's a list of other things Star Fox Command is not:

Hitler

AIDS

Nuclear holocaust

Gang rape

A bag of dead kittens

That moment where your parents tell you that Santa isn't real

Murder

Famine

The Homestuck fandom

if you've played this game and didn't like it, still count your blessings. I hope I have assured Lord O'Donnell that playing Star Fox Command does not in actuality initiate a pact with Mephisto and the known side effects of the ame include "mild annoyance", which leading medical experts say they have cured with the scientific breakthrough technique of "putting down the DS for a little while"

Here's a list of other things Star Fox Command is not:

Hitler

well, no, but he did do the character designs

but i mean hey i jest really because we all know Star Fox Command is actually as bad as Hitler with AIDS gang-raping a bag of dead kittens whose parents told them that Santa isn't real in the middle of a nuclear holocaust while the "Homestuck" fandom watches/faps to the beat of Rebecca Black's "Friday" while Ron Paul becomes President of the Earth, ensuring famine and murder, and a new faith emerges for the shattered survivors in this desolate wartorn world that venerates Snooki as the anointed savior of humanity and her first act as the Messiah is to make M. Night Shyamalan the director for the new Avatar series

• Like 2

to make M. Night Shyamalan the director for the new Avatar series

You take that back. YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT GODDAMN NOW.

make M. Night Shyamalan the director for the new Avatar series

I'd watch it, just for the lulz :trollface:

IN THE FUTURE THE WORLD WAS DARK AND SCARRY. ONE DAY M NIGHT SHAMWOW CAME AND NOONE KNEW WHY...

• Like 1

well, no, but he did do the character designs

Based on some of his sketches I actually think Hitler would have come up with way better character designs than what we got.