Command...is it worth it?

Gestalt

i'm working on getting a 3DS although SF command won't be the first game i buy...i'm for sure going to get this as to form my on opinions and then share them with you guys

Yeah, I would say so to buy it. I got mine at gamestop. And to be honest its a really fun game. The gameplay is unique and different from the other games. Plus you get to play in different ships which is really neat. And the controls in my opinion are great! I mean, metroid did this, and zelda did this twice, so i dont know why people hated using the stylus for the controls. I loved it. But the only downside is no voice acting, just awkward sounds, but i easily got used to that. And another downside are some depressing endings. Seriosuly some of those ending are just a bitch-slap to the face. I heard command is non-cannon, or at least the last half of it is, so im glad it is. Hopefully nintendo will make a game that has command's true ending to it.

• 2 weeks later...

There arent many SF games out there so you might as well buy it.

Not really. There's not very many oceanic adventure games since Ecco the Dolphin, but that doesn't mean Endless Ocean is going to be just as well off.

From what I can gather in this thread, the game needs to seriously be discredited as a SF game and fans need to rise up and demand something better lol.

Although...this fanfiction I found that follows the story line of Command if Fox and Krystal separate interests me in seeing a possibility of that being canon

(NO NINTENDO! I WASN'T SERIOUS! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T DO IT!)

You know, I think that probably, when the Wii U comes out, they'll make a new Star Fox game, either following the default ending of Command, or one of the more positive endings of Command, that they can make another game from.

You know, I think that probably, when the Wii U comes out, they'll make a new Star Fox game, either following the default ending of Command, or one of the more positive endings of Command, that they can make another game from.

What is considered the 'default' ending on Command?

I sure hope something shows up for the Wii U! I was just joking to myself "Hey, if I won that Powerball yesterday, I would throw a good chunk of it at Nintendo and tell 'em 'Hey, get to work...if you need extra to contract Rareware or something, let me know'" haha

This is a direct quote from the Star Fox Command page on Nintendo Wiki.

"Ending #3: The basic, default ending. The members of Star Fox reunite. Krystal also gives Fox another shot, but nervously quits, deciding to regroup with Panther and Star Wolf."

So, basically, everyone gets back together, Krystal decides to be a whiny good-for-nothing character in the series once more, and, well, that's pretty much it. I don't really mind having Krystal in the series, but I'd much rather have Peppy telling me to do barrel rolls, instead of "OHMYGOSH HELP ME FOX! AAH!" every 30 seconds. I don't need two Slippys.

• Like 1

Ugh, yup...not playing Command in the near future if ever. I guess that was Nintendo's way of trying to get rid of the drama that backfired on them.

I guess its the truth that in that 'default' ending she really did end up being completely pointless. I just have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact Nintendo intentionally (and I say intentionally with some reservations, knowing well that Adventures was not meant to be for StarFox) put her in the series to make some difference and then does absolutely nothing but occupy space and dramatic tension in the team - as well as polarize the fanbase pretty badly.

I had to laugh about the 'two Slippys' part - though I didn't think she was that bad at least in Assault as far as being the damsel in distress. In fact most of the characters didn't get completely stuck asking for help all the time in that game - which had me kind of disappointed honestly. It didn't feel like StarFox being able to mind my own business for much of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

from what i've gathered command, pretty much, put StarFox in a coffin.... :/ will it ever be ressurected? only time will tell...

I'd say yes, even though the story sucks. It's still a fun game.

• 2 weeks later...

for those ppl that think the next SF game will be base on commands endings =› NONE OF COMMANDS ENDINGS ARE TURE ENDINGS!!!!!!! nintendo rebooted the series..again, dont get me worng i like command but by now its not worth it. unless if your a hard-core starfox fan. To bad no one plays online, thats what made the game fun/challenging/long lasting.

It's also fun to think that whenever someone mentions 'SFC Arwing' he also had to clarify which he is talking about (Arwing of Peppy/James or Fox's Arwing II) because people are either confused while some automatically refer to Fox's.

Don't get Comand!

1. All the ending seemed depressing
  2. Timed every level
  3. Krystals character seemed off
  4. I didn't like the controls and there wasn't any other control sets
  5. characters didn't talk

I didn't like Comand compared to 64, Adventure, and Assault. In my opinion Nintendo should start over at the ending of Starfox Assault.

NewStarfox.png

I have to say this about Marcus: his genetics are all wrong; for starters nether Fox or Krystal have curly hair; I mean come on! it looks like they took the cool wipe out of the fridge and dumped the F****** bucket in his head Which by the way does not compliment the stripe running down his face, I mean seriously he has the same concept as the bunny... and he's so... Blue, too blue in fact and I sure that blue fur is not a dominate trait, although Krystal is blue (more of a blue/violet IMO). It looks like thy took fox shrunk him, painted him blue and dumped the wiped cream bucket on his head they call it efficiency I call it laziness.

It's usually pretty cheap last I've seen so you might as well. The Gameplay is pretty mediocre as long as you don't break it, and just pay no attention to the story (Though I think that was given with flashing lights already just by skimming the thread) and don't regard it as canon until it IS officially made into canon* because really, SFCommand was just the point any writer realizes: They're gods of their characters and can do whatever they want

...it's also the moment they realized that if their character has even a bit of popularity, any backlash can be received from it.

* = Didn't Nintendo end up disregarding it as canon or am I wrong? I remember hearing about that from someone.

Honestly I think it was a sad attempt to end Star Fox and trying to please every one with a ending they can choose... pitiful.

but it backfired.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when Command came out, I saved up my money and got it on day one. I don't think there's anything wrong with it as far as being a portable Starfox game goes. I see alot of similarities gameplay-wise to Starfox 2, although many deny the resemblance. I'd say if you can get it cheap, go for it. It might not be what you expect though.

Okay i'm gonna buy it NOW...my friend says i can use his DS...WE SHALL FINALLY KNOW IF COMMAND IS WORTH IT!!! :lock:

• Like 1

Okay i'm gonna buy it NOW...my friend says i can use his DS...WE SHALL FINALLY KNOW IF COMMAND IS WORTH IT!!! :lock:

let me know if you find it so!!!! :):P

• Like 1

Have you found out yet? :P

On-topic: believe it or not Command was the first ever SF game I finished :P