My place

sjrathbun812

Friday, 3/02/2013

Wait, it turned March...?

--

So I went to a fellow student's piano concert yesterday. Quite inspiring. I met my teacher and she said I was talented and I could be doing the stuff that the other student was, which, as you might expect, was encouraging. :)

--

I'm nearly finished with the Half Blood Prince. Just a few more chapters... planing on finishing it tonight and doing the rest of my homework tomorrow as I spent most of the day reading it, lol. I was too caught up in it, I couldn't just put it down! :(

--

Not much to say, but eh.

Wolf Fang

• 2 weeks later...

3/10/2013

Salutations!

--

I don't know why I didn't say this before, but a while ago I got a new mp3. My previous one's headphone port died on me, unfortunately. I hate it how a lot of todays electronics are so cheep that they break after a few months, and then you have to buy a new one, and another new one, and another new one. Things didn't use to be like that. They used to make things really durable. But now every thing's rubbish.

--

Finished the Half Blood Prince and now moving on to the Deathly Hallows. The epic tale continues...

It kind of saddens me that I'm nearly done with the series... ah well...

--

Oh hey! I turned into a CDF captain! ^_^ Guess I better change my title, then...

--

New music I've been listening to:

Sara Bareilles

Jack Johnson

Joe Bonamassa

--

That's another spill jill for now, see ya around!

Wolf Fang

3/13/2013

Greetings!

--

I finally figured out why I haven't had inspiration and motivation to draw for a while. See, before, I played a lot of video games. And I would also draw video game characters. But, then I stopped playing video games as much. Then, my interest in drawing sort of went down the tubes, and I couldn't figure out why.

Well, I recently picked up a video game. And while playing it, I was filled with the urge to draw the character!

It's not like I want to ONLY draw video game related stuff. Eventually I'd want to get into other things as well. But, if it's something that inspires me, it's a good thing! ;)

--

See ya around,

Wolf Fang

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

4/12/2013

Sup!

--

So a lot's been going on lately...

Firstly, I feel ashamed and uncomfortable to say this, but my piano lessons have been canceled... all because of me. Parental discipline and yada yada yada. I don't really wanna get into it. However, I'm not devastated because the lessons will hopefully return soon. *ahem*

Secondly, I have now finished the entire Harry Potter book series, and the only movies I need to see left of it are parts 1 and 2 of the Deathly Hallows. I feel somewhat sad that I'm done with the books... they were a lot of fun.

The last thing I want to say is that we've been trying different churches now since the previous church we used to be going to had... problems with it. So this means I have to re-aqquaint myself with people. Oh, the joy.

I felt quite uncomfortable when I went in a small group that was, "8th grade and up," when I saw these older girls that looked somewhere in there late teens. They were really pretty and impressive looking.... I always feel so small and immature around girls like that.

For some reason, whenever I see a pretty girl I get the urge to tell her she's pretty. I don't know why. I just really admire girls/woman who are pretty. They just seem so proper and lady like. In this particular case, I got the same urge to say it, but I had something pulling me back. Was it because they were older? Did I not want to come off like I was trying to flatter them? Whatever the cause, I eventually said, "You guys look really pretty."

The reply to this was, "What?"

I often get that. I wonder if it's because I say it loudly enough that they hear me, but not enough so that they can catch what I say. So I repeated the compliment and one of them said, "Thank you."

I was so nervous that when I was told by the small group leader to pick up a Bible which was CLEAR across the room NEAR the older girls, I walked over there feeling jittery, and when I went back to my seat I ungracefully sat down, sort of stumbling. I felt so stupid.

I don't know why I get so nervous around people. It's not my comfort zone, even though I really like being around people. I just feel so awkward all the time.... and I hate it. Goodness I hate it. I worry about how I look, how I act, what I say... I literally feel like a mouse.

The first time I went to the actual youth group, there were guys and gals. I actually felt somewhat more comfortable because there was a mix. When I sat down, this boy walked up to me and said, "What's your name?"

I replied, saying, "[insert name]."

He spread his arms wide and said, "Hey, [insert my name]!"

I kind of sat there for a few seconds, unsure of what to do, when I realized he actually expected me to hug him. This made me feel uncomfortable. Heck, I don't think I've hugged any boy besides my brothers.

So, I kind of was like, "Er," then got up and we hugged briefly.

I... kind of liked it, though. I mean, I didn't know who he was or anything, but he felt.... soft. Plus, the friendly welcome was nice because I didn't feel like I was ignored. I later found from observations that his personality was funny, too.

This may sound weird to some of you, but in a sense, I actually feel more comfortable around boys. When I'm around girls I almost feel like I've got to compete. I'm not jealous that the girls look the way they do, I just don't want to look lowly in their eyes.

With guys, it's like that pressure is gone. I feel more like I can be myself, because I'm actually more tomboyish. I wonder if it's also because I'm around boys all the time anyway. *shrug*

I like being around girls though. In fact, I find it really refreshing to be around someone my age and gender. I mean, I've still got girly characteristics. I AM at the stupid age where you get all giggly about nothing and end up thinking about boys a lot. But I'm not all, "Like, yeah."

--

So there's the spill jill. Ttyl!

Wolf Fang

• Like 1

He spread his arms wide and said, "Hey, Sarah!"

I kind of sat there for a few seconds, unsure of what to do, when I realized he actually expected me to hug him. This made me feel uncomfortable. Heck, I don't think I've hugged any boy besides my brothers.

So, I kind of was like, "Er," then got up and we hugged briefly.

I... kind of liked it, though. I mean, I didn't know who he was or anything, but he felt.... soft. Plus, the friendly welcome was nice because I didn't feel like I was ignored. I later found from observations that his personality was funny, too.

This may sound weird to some of you, but in a sense, I actually feel more comfortable around boys. When I'm around girls I almost feel like I've got to compete. I'm not jealous that the girls look the way they do, I just don't want to look lowly in their eyes.

With guys, it's like that pressure is gone. I feel more like I can be myself, because I'm actually more tomboyish. I wonder if it's also because I'm around boys all the time anyway. *shrug*

I like being around girls though. In fact, I find it really refreshing to be around someone my age and gender. I mean, I've still got girly characteristics. I AM at the stupid age where you get all giggly about nothing and end up thinking about boys a lot. But I'm not all, "Like, yeah."

--

So there's the spill jill. Ttyl!

Wolf Fang

this made me laugh :-P

But i completely understand what you say about girls, I think guys are just more relaxed. But hey, girls have a lot of cool things that can make them better for hanging out with. Mostly for serious conversations, but thats important and what i really am glad to have female friends to talk to for.

Also everyone likes hugs.....everyone. And hang on to that phase. I think i just got through with it, but i remember hearing: enjoy the feelings why they last, but be careful when acting on them. They will get you into a lot of trouble.

this made me laugh :-P

But i completely understand what you say about girls, I think guys are just more relaxed. But hey, girls have a lot of cool things that can make them better for hanging out with. Mostly for serious conversations, but thats important and what i really am glad to have female friends to talk to for.

Also everyone likes hugs.....everyone. And hang on to that phase. I think i just got through with it, but i remember hearing: enjoy the feelings why they last, but be careful when acting on them. They will get you into a lot of trouble.

Exactly. Guys can be fun to be around because they're so laid back. Girls can be more serious, though. But mind you, we often act really stupid and immature in our teenage years when we're around each other. Just NEVER around guys. When girls are around guys, they try their best to be mature, smart, pretty and not the typical blond ditz.

4/15/2013

Heya!

--

Here's an interesting discussion I got into with one of my brothers, the subject being Harry Potter.

We were talking about many factors, but one of the key factors was about how it's elaborated more in the 4th book of the series that the Wizarding people live not only in England, but in Ireland, France, and everywhere else in the world. They inhabit the earth just as much as the so called "muggles" do.

In addition, why do the magical people consider the muggles stupid people? Yes, not ALL magical people are against muggles; some support them. Mr. Weasley is actually fascinated by the accomplishments the "muggles" have made without magic. But most magical people are either indifferent or, I dare say, racist, about the matter.

But why should that be? Clearly, if the muggles are able to accomplish so many great feats, it should give the impression that they are a clever kind, right? Shouldn't the magical people see that and want to get to know the non-magic folk?

Plus, with the fact that Wizarding people inhabit the world everywhere in mind, why didn't Voldemort spread his horcruxes around the entire world, instead of limiting himself to England and around Hogworts? That would've made it impossible for Harry to find them, seeing as how one horcrux could be in China while the other might be in Germany.

The second key factor to our discussion is this: the third book introduces these time hourglass like things that can warp you back into the past, right? Hermione used one to get extra magical knowledge for educational reasons. Okay then, if we put all the legalities out the door, why is that that when Dumbledore found that Voldemort became this incredibly powerful dark wizard, he didn't use one of them to go back in time when Voldemort was a baby and kill him?

--

That's all for now,

Wolf Fang

• 1 month later...

5/20/2013

STILL

ALIVE

Although I suppose that's bad news 'cause most of you were probably hoping I died...

--

UPDATE TIME

Drawing wise, I've been getting more inspired. I was listening to this Starfox Assault remix, when I wondered, "Do I still have the players guide? Wonder if I pitched it..." Thankfully, I do still have it. It was stuck under some other gaming magazines and stuff. I pulled it out and flipped through it, and it just... reminded me of how much I used to love Starfox. I actually wanted to play the game again. And draw the characters. So, it was a good feeling, really. It urges me to keep doing what I like to do. I think it's very important to stay inspired...

Musically wise, I've still been quite active, although I don't show much of my music. My recordings, however, are suffering from low volume. :-P I'm not really sure how to fix that. I know on some people's computers, they can turn their volume up more, but it's still a problem. Is there by any chance a way to enhance a digital recording using a program? Or is it just something that can't be fixed? I don't play with the volume low on the piano I use.... but for some reason it always comes out quiet on a computer. Thoughts?

--

This has been,

Wolf Fang

• 1 month later...

6/22/2013

Wow, It's been a while...

--

I feel like I'm slowly slipping away from this place. I've had a lot of fun here, and I feel like thanking the people here for making the entire time I've stuck around here pleasant, and on occasion witty. ^_^ I haven't stopped coming here COMPLETELY, however. I like to drop by on occasion to see what's up, reading up on the latest news for the Starfox series. But for the most part, I don't post as much as I used to.

It's funny... I used have a DRIVE to go here when I was 12. I was so obsessed with the Starfox series. I couldn't get enough of it. I constantly played the games... I started going to Starfox forums because I couldn't contain myself. I wanted to blab about the series to my hearts content, but nobody I knew at the time really cared about the series. So was rather lonely. Actually, I started going to Starfox forums when I was 11.

But, being 11, I... said a lot of stupid things. Of course, I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about. Ever had one of those, "Aw, maaaaan" moments, where you remember doing something unbelievably stupid? Yeah... I said a lot of dumb things on Arwing Landing. Lol, I imagine I was actually quite pesky, and if I had stayed there for much longer I might have ended up being banned.

But, since I got older, my intelligence HAS gotten somewhat higher, so I don't THINK I say really stupid things most of the time anymore. xD

--

Aaaannyway...

Things HAVE been going on. But I'd rather not publicize them. So... yeah. :-P Might talk a bit more later.

• 1 month later...

8/8/2013

Hello everyone!

--

So things HAVE been going on... most notably that three of our pets died. :( One of them was a while ago, our cat Patch. I was never really close to her, although I did think it was a little weird when we had to put her to sleep. One thing that I really liked about her was that whenever I was sick, she always somehow knew. One time I had a random menstrual breakdown, and she cuddled up with me on the couch, being a major comfort. Otherwise, we weren't very close. I was mainly sad because my oldest sister was very fond of her, and was rather heart broken when she heard the news.

Well, that was a while ago. Now, both of our dogs Timber and Tundra are gone, too. They were pretty old, in dog years. But they started getting sick with something--we didn't know what, but we knew it would cost a lot of money to find out, which we don't have, and also try and fix the problem, which probably wouldn't have really worked. So, we put them to sleep instead. Good thing is, they went together. If one of them died while the other lived, well, the one that lived would be immensely upset. Perhaps even to the point of starvation. (They were sisters.)

As far as having the dogs gone goes, they were quite a burden around the house, so I'm not terribly upset over their departure. However, it feels weird not having them around. They were more involved in the family, always begging for food, wanting to go in and out of the house, greeting us whenever we came back from a trip... now with them gone, I feel like there's something missing...My dad says it'll pass, but that might be a while. Now, the only pet we have left is our last cat, Sniper, who I suspect only has a few more years left ahead of him...

--

So... that's all I wanna say for now.

Wolf Fang

Wolf!  Figured I would drop a line here since you have been kind of scarce.  

Sorry to hear about your pets :/ .  I know I didn't take too when when one of my cats passed away years ago...it kind of stung for a while since she had been around for I guess 14 years or so and it was weird just not seeing her walking around the house and trying to tear someone's arm apart (how endearing!).  About how old were the cats?   

How many siblings do you have?  I can imagine it getting kind of lonely without having them around.  I guess I haven't experienced it personally since I have always lived with a sibling up until I moved out, but I guess I can understand how my sister might feel during the school year when my brother is gone for college.  

It's good to see you still kicking and dropping by here every once in a while :)

6/22/2013

Wow, It's been a while...

--

I feel like I'm slowly slipping away from this place. I've had a lot of fun here, and I feel like thanking the people here for making the entire time I've stuck around here pleasant, and on occasion witty. ^_^ I haven't stopped coming here COMPLETELY, however. I like to drop by on occasion to see what's up, reading up on the latest news for the Starfox series. But for the most part, I don't post as much as I used to.

It's funny... I used have a DRIVE to go here when I was 12. I was so obsessed with the Starfox series. I couldn't get enough of it. I constantly played the games... I started going to Starfox forums because I couldn't contain myself. I wanted to blab about the series to my hearts content, but nobody I knew at the time really cared about the series. So was rather lonely. Actually, I started going to Starfox forums when I was 11.

But, being 11, I... said a lot of stupid things. Of course, I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about. Ever had one of those, "Aw, maaaaan" moments, where you remember doing something unbelievably stupid? Yeah... I said a lot of dumb things on Arwing Landing. Lol, I imagine I was actually quite pesky, and if I had stayed there for much longer I might have ended up being banned.

But, since I got older, my intelligence HAS gotten somewhat higher, so I don't THINK I say really stupid things most of the time anymore. xD

--

Aaaannyway...

Things HAVE been going on. But I'd rather not publicize them. So... yeah. :-P Might talk a bit more later.

I want to respond to your last two posts, but sfo is only letting me quote one.

I too have been slacking in my sfo activity. I think star fox as a series has something unique about it....Something that drove almost everyone here. You described it as an obsession and I think that's a good word. That was 5 years ago for me. I couldn't stop thinking about star fox. Literally every free moment of thought was about star fox for me. I googled and googled and googled everything star fox in what Vy'drach has called the "need moar" phase of star fox obsession. It took almost a year but that flame began to die and I became really depressed because I didn't want to become un-obsessed. I wanted to stay that way forever. I can't call myself a star fox fan anymore, it still appreciate the game I did play and all the memories I have but I don't know that i'd be in a rush to buy a star fox game if it came out tomorrow. I still regard that time as one of the happiest times of my life. I say it was a depression, I mean command did tear me apart. But I was so content and centered around star fox that, that melancholy was an addictive sadness. It felt like the right reaction.

Well, enough of my mad chatter. I also acted like a total idiot when I first joined here. Ask some of the older users they'll vouch. :3

As for the rapid changes over the last year that's tough. All change comes with pain, but it could be worse. I hate to say you should be thankful, but it sounds like your family is heading in the right direction. Marriage and college are good things and it sounds like everyone is okay. Just try to keep in mind that your sad they're all at college and not sad that they're in jail or in trouble.

• Like 2

Wolf!  Figured I would drop a line here since you have been kind of scarce.  

Sorry to hear about your pets :/ .  I know I didn't take too when when one of my cats passed away years ago...it kind of stung for a while since she had been around for I guess 14 years or so and it was weird just not seeing her walking around the house and trying to tear someone's arm apart (how endearing!).  About how old were the cats?   

How many siblings do you have?  I can imagine it getting kind of lonely without having them around.  I guess I haven't experienced it personally since I have always lived with a sibling up until I moved out, but I guess I can understand how my sister might feel during the school year when my brother is gone for college.  

It's good to see you still kicking and dropping by here every once in a while :-)

Lol, Patch, (the one that died) was about as old as me. And I'm nearly 15 now. That's pretty old for a cat. She lived a good life, really. Was treated well and she was happy. Plus it ended in pretty much the best way any life can end.

Sniper is... um, 4? 5? Something like that. He's the only animal left that's still alive and kicking, but even though he's not old, we know he's going to pass away in a few more years, because he has a mouth disease. We treat him, which helps the pain and slows down the process, but he won't live as long despite that.

When you said it was weird to see your cat not wandering around the house, that's how I felt about the dogs more so than Patch. Since we weren't close, (and she could be quite a nuisance to the family,) I wasn't very sad to see her gone. She would wake me up many nights, scratching at my bedroom door. 99 % of the time, all she wanted was for me to walk downstairs with her into the kitchen and watch her eat out of her cat bowl. If I didn't, she would continue to pester me at the door. :-P Not only that, but she had a bad peeing problem in the house. My dad had to rip out the carpet in the bathroom (I know, carpet in the bathroom,) and replace it with tiles because otherwise there was no other way to get rid of the stink. And she peed in other places as well. Major problem.

I have 6 siblings. Two sisters and four brothers. I often think it's funny that we're all born two years apart, and there's a pattern in the gender: Girl, boy, boy, girl, boy, boy, girl. Me being the youngest.

I want to respond to your last two posts, but sfo is only letting me quote one.

I too have been slacking in my sfo activity. I think star fox as a series has something unique about it....Something that drove almost everyone here. You described it as an obsession and I think that's a good word. That was 5 years ago for me. I couldn't stop thinking about star fox. Literally every free moment of thought was about star fox for me. I googled and googled and googled everything star fox in what Vy'drach has called the "need moar" phase of star fox obsession. It took almost a year but that flame began to die and I became really depressed because I didn't want to become un-obsessed. I wanted to stay that way forever. I can't call myself a star fox fan anymore, it still appreciate the game I did play and all the memories I have but I don't know that i'd be in a rush to buy a star fox game if it came out tomorrow. I still regard that time as one of the happiest times of my life. I say it was a depression, I mean command did tear me apart. But I was so content and centered around star fox that, that melancholy was an addictive sadness. It felt like the right reaction.

Well, enough of my mad chatter. I also acted like a total idiot when I first joined here. Ask some of the older users they'll vouch. :3

As for the rapid changes over the last year that's tough. All change comes with pain, but it could be worse. I hate to say you should be thankful, but it sounds like your family is heading in the right direction. Marriage and college are good things and it sounds like everyone is okay. Just try to keep in mind that your sad they're all at college and not sad that they're in jail or in trouble.

Haha, wouldn't you know it, that's kind of how I felt through my Starfox phases, too. :-P To tell you the truth, I actually did cry a bit in the ending of Starfox Command, where Starwolf steals all the glory, Fox loses Krystal, and he and Falco quit their jobs as pilots and become racers. :( Even one of my brothers said, "The Starfox team isn't supposed to break apart...."

And lol, I believe I was just as obsessed with Starfox as you were, although maybe in different ways. As far as being sad about kind of getting out of that obsession goes, I don't know about that. I mean, it was fun when I was like that. But I don't think I'd be leaving this place for a while. This is actually the only forum I go to, and I like it because it's small, but big enough and enough activity so things aren't dead. I don't like huge forums.

Also, I was an idiot on here as well when I was younger. :-P Kind of makes me feel stupid when I think about some of the things I did, but, that's my past. And really, I was 12. So come on. xD

8/13/2013

Hola!

--

Changed my avi again. :P It's a picture of one of our rabbits, (which had passed away a while ago.) Her name was Copper. :3 I still think this photo is cute.

--

I'll say more later,

Wolf Fang

8/18/2013

Salutations!

--

A few days ago I turned 15.

It's funny...Before I was a teenager, I used to view them as the big, smart, almost adult kids. They were so much taller then me, they seemed to know more then I did, etc. I also kind of noticed that the teenage culture had a certain attitude about it. They were the "hip" generation, lol. But, now that I'm one of them, I realize that teenagers are really just kids. We might have more knowledge because we're moving up in our education, are bodies might be changing due to hormones, but honestly, we're still just kids.

--

More later,

Wolf Fang

8/18/2013

Salutations!

--

A few days ago I turned 15.

It's funny...Before I was a teenager, I used to view them as the big, smart, almost adult kids. They were so much taller then me, they seemed to know more then I did, etc. I also kind of noticed that the teenage culture had a certain attitude about it. They were the "hip" generation, lol. But, now that I'm one of them, I realize that teenagers are really just kids. We might have more knowledge because we're moving up in our education, are bodies might be changing due to hormones, but honestly, we're still just kids.

--

More later,

Wolf Fang

Happy Belated Birthday! 

I think we all look up to those that are older than us at some point, thinking that they are really cool because they have life figured out and they are in control of everything they do.  Having reached "that point" that most would consider being grown up I found that I still have no clue what I am doing and only contain more doubt and uncertainty about the future.  So I think the process of growing up is always a journey, not a destination that we can reach.  Perhaps you can say we always stay kids, just we start to accept more responsibility.

When you said it was weird to see your cat not wandering around the house, that's how I felt about the dogs more so than Patch. Since we weren't close, (and she could be quite a nuisance to the family,) I wasn't very sad to see her gone. She would wake me up many nights, scratching at my bedroom door. 99 % of the time, all she wanted was for me to walk downstairs with her into the kitchen and watch her eat out of her cat bowl. If I didn't, she would continue to pester me at the door. :-P Not only that, but she had a bad peeing problem in the house. My dad had to rip out the carpet in the bathroom (I know, carpet in the bathroom,) and replace it with tiles because otherwise there was no other way to get rid of the stink. And she peed in other places as well. Major problem.

I have 6 siblings. Two sisters and four brothers. I often think it's funny that we're all born two years apart, and there's a pattern in the gender: Girl, boy, boy, girl, boy, boy, girl. Me being the youngest.

Eeeesh....I have been having to work on removing some ancient carpet from my parent's house that isn't in the bathroom and I still think it is pretty gross.  Made be break out in rashes because the probable mold and rot that was in the padding under the carpet....so I can definitely sympathize with you not being happy removing carpet there with a pet that peed all over it.  Ya know, I have had a couple cats who insisted on me watching them eat, I never figured out why they did that.  

Eeeesh....I have been having to work on removing some ancient carpet from my parent's house that isn't in the bathroom and I still think it is pretty gross.  Made be break out in rashes because the probable mold and rot that was in the padding under the carpet....so I can definitely sympathize with you not being happy removing carpet there with a pet that peed all over it.  Ya know, I have had a couple cats who insisted on me watching them eat, I never figured out why they did that.  

Wow, really? Guess I'm not the only one, then. :P Pets can be a real nuisance that way...

As far as things go for today, I did some drawing, worked on sorting out some piano recordings on my computer (still haven't finished that--there's so many, lol,) and bought some music via Amazon. Also, one of my brothers visited, which was nice! He even gave me a late Bday gift: 40 bucks. Used part of that straightaway to buy the music. xD

• 3 weeks later...

9/6/2013

Hola,

--

I have a cold. :-P It's not much fun, as you might expect. Last night was pretty much toss and turn, sit up, honk my nose, toss and turn, sit up, honk my nose... kept me up through most of it. Then later when it was morning I found that my period had started as well, so that's fun too. Almost right after I discovered that I got nauseous and threw up in the sink. Weeeeee.....

Um, but as of right now, I'm doing better. I mean, my nose is still clogged and bothering me, and my throat is a little scratchy, but nothing too bad. It was actually the first morning that I woke with the cold when my sore throat was pretty bad. Now it pretty much only gets bad if I lie down, because then snot drips down my throat and makes it sore.

I hope other people in the house don't get it, but that's kind of inevitable.

--

Adiós,

Wolf Fang

• 3 weeks later...

9/25/2013

So, one of my original compositions is finally finished and uploaded! Please give it a listen. :)

• Like 2

I won't pretend to know an awful lot about composition and i'm not usually into softer more classical sounding music...but that was awesome :D .  Good performance too!  I'm going to have to give it a second listen lol

That was quite pleasing to listen to; I have no real knowledge of piano-music although I do love that classical sound. :-)