Am I the only one who loves Star Fox Adventures?

xWrath68x

It gets a lot of hate, in fact to much. The game is a work of art IMO. The graphics were amazing for its time. I really hope to see a future Star Fox game similar to this, (3rd person land gameplay, featuring krystal and the team) C:

• Like 1

Star Fox Adventures is one of my favorite games ever. Not because I'm a Star Fox fan. I'm a fan of all kinds of games, not just one, so this opinion is unbiased. Adventures is truly a work of art, you're right. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing. The graphics/aesthetic is so wonderful… the atmosphere it all creates is unsurpassed.

The story was great too. The characters, voice acting, all of it was top notch. The whole game was near-perfect.

Might have been even better (if that's possible :o) if it hadn't been rushed to the Star Fox IP and had been released as Dinosaur Planet, after all.

It's not a perfect game, nah. Late in the game it just feels quite empty at times, due to the rushed development, but man, for what it is, I can't imagine having a better experience playing a video game than I did all ~30 hours of my first (and definitely not the only!!) playthrough of Adventures.

Another game that is so moving like this is TLoZ: The Wind Waker. Pretty much everything I said above applies to it as well. (Even the game feeling a bit empty towards the end :-P)

My opinion, I know people disagree. :-)

Edit: And waddya know, my 1,000th post is me praising Adventures, as usual. :3

• Like 1

Oh, I loved wind waker as well. But yeah I do agree Adventures feels a bit empty/rushed towards the end (Dragon Rock..)

It's not like the dark ice mines and the snow wastes or thorn tail hallows, etc. Those places take awhile to explore and have lots of things going on.

I also loved the melee combat

• Like 1

I didn't hate Star Fox Adventures, but there are things in that game that just don't work, and those are what get criticized most. The gameplay and visuals (Graphoc design, artwork) were amazing and probably much ahead of their time. The game is not too easy nor too hard, and has a great world to explore if you so wish.

What didn't work about Adventures was the fact the game was rushed and Star Fox got combined into the game. Part of the reason the development of the game was rushed was because Star Fox's addition to the game came rather late in its development and Rare was on tight deadlines themselves, so the game did suffer a little there. The plot in the game, is full of holes and missing information primarily as a result of Star Fox being put into the game.

Oh, I loved wind waker as well. But yeah I do agree Adventures feels a bit empty/rushed towards the end (Dragon Rock..)

It's not like the dark ice mines and the snow wastes or thorn tail hallows, etc. Those places take awhile to explore and have lots of things going on.

Yeah, Dragon Rock. Couldn't remember the name of that area. That place was pretty dead. :(

But yeah, my favorite area in the game (besides the short opening on Scale's Galleon, and of course, Krazoa Palace too) is Snowhorn Wastes. Dark Ice Mines was also so great. Ocean Force Point Temple… Volcano Force Point. Some amazing stuff.

The melee combat! Yeah, it is also erm… top notch. :D

Also, the inventory system, oh my… it was absolutely perfect for me.

• Like 1

Spam A while hordes of dudes just stand back and watch their buddies get smacked around by a humaniod Vulpine with a over-glorified twig, taking turns to get said twig rammed up their nostrils around 3 different ways... TOTALLY A GOOD COMBAT SYSTEM

• Like 1

Spam A while hordes of dudes just stand back and watch their buddies get smacked around by a humaniod Vulpine with a over-glorified twig, taking turns to get said twig rammed up their nostrils around 3 different ways... TOTALLY A GOOD COMBAT SYSTEM

Sure, sure, but it was very fluid and fun, if you ask me. Also, it wasn't that easy. I (and I'm sure many people did) died many times in those Sharpclaw horde battles.

All this is making me want to pop in the disc right now, but I can't, too busy. :V

Well other than the sharpclaws standing their and watching their friends get killed it was fun. Yeah it would've been cool if the others attacked instead of 1v1

Well other than the sharpclaws standing their and watching their friends get killed it was fun. Yeah it would've been cool if the others attacked instead of 1v1

Tbh I actually liked that. It seemed more like a duel. Finish one, move on to the next guy, who just watched you beat his buddy. ^^

The last 2 places (Walled city and Dragon rock) were pretty short and didn't take long to complete. I tought it would be as long as the first place.

The last 2 places (Walled city and Dragon rock) were pretty short and didn't take long to complete. I tought it would be as long as the first place.

Yeah, that is deffinately true. Those places were short and not so entertaining..

Tbh I actually liked that. It seemed more like a duel. Finish one, move on to the next guy, who just watched you beat his buddy. ^^

That is also true now that I think of it lol. But it made the combat a little to easy.

• Like 1

Yeah, that is deffinately true. Those places were short and not so entertaining..

Well one more issue for me is that you can't continue wandering around dino planet after you beat the final boss. Oh yeah, the camera can be annoying too.

Well one more issue for me is that you can't continue wandering around dino planet after you beat the final boss. Oh yeah, the camera can be annoying too.

I didn't have that much issues with the camera.. Or atleast I don't remember having any

While I didn't think Adventures was a great game, nor is it my favorite Star Fox game, I had a lot of fun with it. Sure, the voice acting's a wee-bit on the cheesy side...then again, does anybody play Star Fox for it's Oscar-worthy voice acting? Zelda clone? Absolutely. Does that make it a bad game? Absolutely not.

My thoughts; there you have it.

Ah, the age old question "Does anybody like Star Fox Adventures?"

The game started to get boring after Cloud Fortress or whatever it was called, didn't really get entertaining past that.

Otherwise I liked the visuals, some of the music, and I did enjoy exploring the world. But of course, my previous statement still counts toward me losing interest.

It gets a lot of hate, in fact to much. The game is a work of art IMO. The graphics were amazing for its time. I really hope to see a future Star Fox game similar to this, (3rd person land gameplay, featuring krystal and the team) C:

Adventures is the first game that Krystal played a role in and was the initial game that got loads of people who have never played Star Fox before into the series - as well as getting me back into it (I played the first game back when it came out in '93). So for better or for worse no, you are not nearly the only person who loves this game. :)

^ I no longer feel like a loner C:

Ah, don't worry about it. There's an entire subculture that mostly thinks highly of the game. :)

Adventures was ( in my opinion) the best SF game made. It was the game that introduced me into the series. Obviously the graphics and exploring were awesome, the voice acting was kinda meh but atleast it was better then commands, the fights could of been more challenging but over all it was an awesome game. Also Foxs design was cool.

[TRADEMARK ROB ESSAY ABOUT SFA PENDING]

How many times have you did something like this now? lol

Why don't you just copypasta one from the KLA or something. On second though no, I'll wait patiently for your post. :)