Am I the only one who loves Star Fox Adventures?

xWrath68x

I loved this game too, it was my first GameCube game. While obviously not the masterpiece it could have been due to development problems, it was still a great game and I have a lot of fond memories of it. One of my favorite parts were the soundtrack. (Well of course the soundtrack was great, it's David Wise. :D) My favorite parts of the game were Snowhorn Wastes and Darkice Mines, so many nooks and crannies to find. (I'm a sucker for snow areas.)

Admittedly the game's plot was full of holes and the ending was pretty disappointing, but it's still one of my favorite games. :)

I loved this game too, it was my first GameCube game. While obviously not the masterpiece it could have been due to development problems, it was still a great game and I have a lot of fond memories of it. One of my favorite parts were the soundtrack. (Well of course the soundtrack was great, it's David Wise. :D) My favorite parts of the game were Snowhorn Wastes and Darkice Mines, so many nooks and crannies to find. (I'm a sucker for snow areas.)

Admittedly the game's plot was full of holes and the ending was pretty disappointing, but it's still one of my favorite games. :-)

Well, I love snow levels too. The first 2 levels were long enough but the last 2 were kinda short... how sad.

I STILL WANT MY EPIC FIGHT WITH SCALES!!

Me too, but now I wonder

SPOILER ALERT

they didn't have the time to create a boss fight with Scales, BUT they DID have time for Andross boss fight. lol?

Me too, but now I wonder

SPOILER ALERT

they didn't have the time to create a boss fight with Scales, BUT they DID have time for Andross boss fight. lol?

Well actually, I think they already had the General Scales boss fight, but scraped it for Andross, to make the game more Starfoxy.

Well actually, I think they already had the General Scales boss fight, but scraped it for Andross, to make the game more Starfoxy.

I wasn't too fond of the Andross fight, but his voice actor sure did a cool job with that accent.

It's just one of those games to me that you need to have an open mind about, to look at both the pros as well as the cons. I myself grew up with both 64 and Adventures as a kid, and back then it felt pretty long. As mentioned like... 4 times before? It's appearence really stood out on the level of detail put into the area and the characters, with it's music fitting perfectly with it's environment. And I'd deffinetly reccomend it if a kid at a Rental shop asked me what he should get.

My only real complaints are it's replayablility, and of course, how the story felt kind of empty. I can deffinetly confirm it was do to the company being pressed for time. Last year i went through the game files, and from what was left over it seemed like there were alot of plans left unfinished.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

IMO, like in every game, SF Adv. had its ups and downs. Sure, in the story "so many things were left unsaid" *cough*linkinparkwaitingfortheend*cough*, but on the plus side, the game has actually good graphics. I saw someone saying that the difficult part of putting the models from Adventures into Source engine is the very high polygon count they had. (No wonder why my Celeron almost fried up trying to emulate the whole thing properly, with no avail [but let's face it, Celeron is a crap anyway], even with my so-called 'average' nVidia 9500GT) They used well the potential that the GC could have for graphics.

The 'mainstream' does 'hate' SF Adv. or Star Fox overall due the frequent bad jokes and especially mindless 'sh*tposting' about Krystal. I mean, if people actually find her pretty, it's personal and, hell, i don't really care, but if they start using her as a suggestive macro, it ends up overshadowing the whole Star Fox part, plus making the mention of Krystal sort-of world's gaming laughing stock.

Not much to say about the story on my part, either because i didn't get to actually finish it due to hardware issues, or due to the fact Adventures was aimed at young kids. In either case, i don't think i have much of a point on this topic. But i can state that it could have been better elaborated, and have less plotholes.

So, to me Adventures overall isn't THAT bad like some say, but it's no genius masterpiece either. IMHO it's just 'sorta good'. That's what i can say.

StarFox Adventure is the best game ever made imo! It has a great storyline, interesting characters, beautifull open world and the best soundtrack ever!

The gameplay is most fun the 2nd time, when you remember how to do as the cryptic Zelda stuff. I think that there will not be a single game that comes close to my number 1 SFAd, I have only one complain. Maybe a spoiler for those who havent finished yet.. After you beat Andross and save it displays 99% complete making you unable to go back i the game, I miss some sidequests. But further... a 100% perfect!

StarFox Adventure is the best game ever made imo! It has a great storyline, interesting characters, beautifull open world and the best soundtrack ever!

The gameplay is most fun the 2nd time, when you remember how to do as the cryptic Zelda stuff. I think that there will not be a single game that comes close to my number 1 SFAd, I have only one complain. Maybe a spoiler for those who havent finished yet.. After you beat Andross and save it displays 99% complete making you unable to go back i the game, I miss some sidequests. But further... a 100% perfect!

I agree, it needs some sidequests.

I agree, it needs some sidequests.

Besides finding those Shrines for an extra inch to your power meter or finding those baby Lightfoots, there isn't much to do besides the story. But even then, you can't return to your file to play thru the game again to do all those things because you start inside your Arwing fighting Andross :(

Besides finding those Shrines for an extra inch to your power meter or finding those baby Lightfoots, there isn't much to do besides the story. But even then, you can't return to your file to play thru the game again to do all those things because you start inside your Arwing fighting Andross :(

Yes your right, I don't like starting again from the beginning when I just want to walk around for 10 minutes, when I boot up the game.

Yes your right, I don't like starting again from the beginning when I just want to walk around for 10 minutes, when I boot up the game.

I don't know any other game that has the same thing and I wonder why it has that. It's probably because there is no autosave, but any other game would have a screen like: 'start over with all your weapons and gadgets' or 'teleport to before you defeated Andross'. Could it be a mistake or was it intended?

I don't know any other game that has the same thing and I wonder why it has that. It's probably because there is no autosave, but any other game would have a screen like: 'start over with all your weapons and gadgets' or 'teleport to before you defeated Andross'. Could it be a mistake or was it intended?

The first Paper Mario for the N64 had that system too. I am glad Nintendo changed it in the next one. If you wanted to walk around you had to go all the way back from the final boss. The game saved right before the room to the final boss, so you could just walk away. But with Adventures you are forced to beat Andross. Anyway it's a good thing that most modern games have the ability to restart with every weapon/upgrades that you have collected the first time.

The first Paper Mario for the N64 had that system too. I am glad Nintendo changed it in the next one. If you wanted to walk around you had to go all the way back from the final boss. The game saved right before the room to the final boss, so you could just walk away. But with Adventures you are forced to beat Andross. Anyway it's a good thing that most modern games have the ability to restart with every weapon/upgrades that you have collected the first time.

My guess is that Rare didn't have the time to implement it properly (Microsoft was buying Rare). Or they just didn't care/knew how they could do something like this.

My guess is that Rare didn't have the time to implement it properly (Microsoft was buying Rare). Or they just didn't care/knew how they could do something like this.

I think that at that point you are probably right. I guess that the quicksave feature took less time than creating an autosave system.

I think that at that point you are probably right. I guess that the quicksave feature took less time than creating an autosave system.

I actually meant that they probably didn't knew how to make the game restart again with all things kept. I don't know if autosave had anything to do with it. In Paper Mario 2 for the gamecube there isn't any autosave, but you can restart the game with all things kept because you can save after the credits have rolled. You can then continue and do some little sidequests. Altough Paper Mario games don't have a lot of sidequests imo.

I actually meant that they probably didn't knew how to make the game restart again with all things kept. I don't know if autosave had anything to do with it. In Paper Mario 2 for the gamecube there isn't any autosave, but you can restart the game with all things kept because you can save after the credits have rolled. You can then continue and do some little sidequests. Altough Paper Mario games don't have a lot of sidequests imo.

Well, for example; Ratchet & Clank 1 (PS2) came out the same year. Having a feature to timewarp back to before you defeated the boss or either start over with all your weapons. I don't know about the whole engine thing, but they should have known how to create that. But could have something to do with the fact that it was surposed to be N64, but Zelda you could timewarp in Zelda OoT too.

I personally think that because you have to save the game yourself and there is no way to save after the credits, you can't return to your file before you defeated Andross. Might have been a mistake, but who knows..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've never beat a Zelda, but I beat Star Fox Adventures. Loved that game. As for the no saving after the credits, Rare was on a tight timeframe finishing development as the sale was being discussed (late August 2002) and it's not surprising.

You're not the only one who loves this game. Infact this is probably my second favorite game in the series and the one that got me interested in StarFox in the first place.

Sure it did have it's problems (What doesn't?), but all in all it was a good game, just not all that StarFox-like.

Loved Star Fox Adventures. It was all the fun of a Zelda game, but easier, and with Fox. Can't get much better than that, can you? Haha. 

• Like 1

I both like and dislike Adventures. It was different and I felt Starfox needed some change. However, there were some changes that were not needed for the franchise.

I'm one of the original fans of the classic tube shooter that Starfox originally was. Its no wonder other loyal fans of my generation hate this game worth of passion because it deviated from its assigned genre. It wouldn't make any sense at all if The Legend of Zelda franchise just suddenly went from a princess seeking RPG, to something like Call of Duty Black Ops, would it?

Still, change is welcome. But personally I feel Adventures may have been too radical for its time. Fox could have been sent alone to scout out the activities of pirates and rouge mercenaries in a region of space and call for backup if necessary. Simple as that.

Thats how I feel about Adventures, 4.3 out of 10.0.

I really liked Starfox Adventures too. Audiovisually, it was very pleasant and the graphics were one of the best on Gamecube. And in my opinion

the graphics stand up the test of time quite nicely.

It's such a shame that so much of the material was discarded or not completed in the hurry to release the game. Like the supposed battle against Scales with Falco,

the Boss Replay feature and the Test of Sacrifice.

Hold on, Scales fighting Falco!? Why have I not heard of this before?!

Hold on, Scales fighting Falco!? Why have I not heard of this before?!

Well, it's something I came across when I was searching for stuff related to Dinosaur Planet. There's quite a lot of

unused voice clips and game text in the Cutting Room Floor.

Personally I think I'd have been happy with a Scales battle regardless of whether or not Falco was present.