Am I the only one who loves Star Fox Adventures?

xWrath68x

I enjoyed SFA too, for what it was. Rare kind of dropped the ball on the story design when the game went from being an original IP to Starfox, where Krystal was the character that most noticeably suffered for it, but the rest of the game was really rather enjoyable, for reasons others have mentioned, like the atmosphere, music, and visuals. It kind of suffers from a lack of the dry humour Rare was known for back then and the decision to shoe-horn some SF staples into it (long buildup to epic boss fight with Scales? NOPE HERE'S THE MONKEY HEAD OUTTA NOWHERE, CYA SUCKAS) but aside from that it's an Alright Game. Not the best, but far from the worst.

I enjoyed SFA too, for what it was. Rare kind of dropped the ball on the story design when the game went from being an original IP to Starfox, where Krystal was the character that most noticeably suffered for it, but the rest of the game was really rather enjoyable, for reasons others have mentioned, like the atmosphere, music, and visuals. It kind of suffers from a lack of the dry humour Rare was known for back then and the decision to shoe-horn some SF staples into it (long buildup to epic boss fight with Scales? NOPE HERE'S THE MONKEY HEAD OUTTA NOWHERE, CYA SUCKAS) but aside from that it's an Alright Game. Not the best, but far from the worst.

Lol funny. Yeah, Andross was random.

I really enjoyed Adventures, the graphics, the atmosphere, seeing Fox outside of a cockpit... Too bad it was plagued by its rushed development. The story, cut in half, was filled with plotholes; and the characters suffered from it, like Krystal who was left without her backstory, character development and moments of action. Still a good game, but more like a spin-off rather than a "Star Fox" game.

I really enjoyed Adventures, the graphics, the atmosphere, seeing Fox outside of a cockpit... Too bad it was plagued by its rushed development. The story, cut in half, was filled with plotholes; and the characters suffered from it, like Krystal who was left without her backstory, character development and moments of action. Still a good game, but more like a spin-off rather than a "Star Fox" game.

Spinoff is probably the best way to describe it as it does feel sort of alternate universe-ish...but ill voice my support for the game as a whole. I haven't gotten to finising it since I'm just busy, but I found it to be very promising in the puzzle area and the graphics are still very pleasing (thinking back, combat was probably one area that was sadly pretty broken). Star Fox had to leave the cockpit eventually to continue on the console, and the growing pains were going to be felt. Adventures was not a very painful experience - but coupled with Assault's miasma of little problems (but heading in the right direction) and Commands no direction at all (but also had some promising elements) it has been a drawn out growing pain....if that makes any sense

Spinoff is probably the best way to describe it as it does feel sort of alternate universe-ish...but ill voice my support for the game as a whole. I haven't gotten to finising it since I'm just busy, but I found it to be very promising in the puzzle area and the graphics are still very pleasing (thinking back, combat was probably one area that was sadly pretty broken). Star Fox had to leave the cockpit eventually to continue on the console, and the growing pains were going to be felt. Adventures was not a very painful experience - but coupled with Assault's miasma of little problems (but heading in the right direction) and Commands no direction at all (but also had some promising elements) it has been a drawn out growing pain....if that makes any sense

I agree with what you said. In the original story, there were enough elements to connect Dinosaur Planet (or Sauria) and the Krazoa with the Lylat system. But these were cut out in the final product. Oh, what it could have been if Rare was given more time to finish the game... I STILL WANT MY EPIC FIGHT WITH SCALES!!

I think one of the biggest issues with SFA was that it was marketed as a sequel to SF64, rather than a spin-off, even though both games weren't even in the same genre.

That's like taking Super Mario Kart and making it a sequel to Super Mario World, even though they're not in the same genre and SMK isn't part of the main series. (Don't get me wrong though, SMK is one of my favorite SNES games.)

But to agree with others said, I thought it was an okay game, but the game would have been great had Rare kept it as Dinosaur Planet and spent more time developing it. But considering the declining relationship between Nintendo and Rare at the time, it's understandable why it ended up the way it did.

Who says the next Starfox game needs to be the same genre to be the next chapter besides it was nice to finally see Fox outside of that cramped cockpit. it was a nice change of scenery. Starcraft 2 for example is a RTS yet within the Starcraft2 game itself is many custom games of multiple genres one in particular puts you in a first person shooter style game where you are among the many of warriors (it's called SC battlefront so hopefully you get the reference.

I personally liked adventures it's what got me into Starfox and not just because of Krystal (Though she did help) if Adventures had never existed well let's just say i wouldn't be on this forum at all probably be still roleplaying sonic or something else.

Who says the next Starfox game needs to be the same genre to be the next chapter besides it was nice to finally see Fox outside of that cramped cockpit. it was a nice change of scenery. Starcraft 2 for example is a RTS yet within the Starcraft2 game itself is many custom games of multiple genres one in particular puts you in a first person shooter style game where you are among the many of warriors (it's called SC battlefront so hopefully you get the reference.

I personally liked adventures it's what got me into Starfox and not just because of Krystal (Though she did help) if Adventures had never existed well let's just say i wouldn't be on this forum at all probably be still roleplaying sonic or something else.

I think one of the biggest issues with SFA was that it was marketed as a sequel to SF64, rather than a spin-off, even though both games weren't even in the same genre.

That's like taking Super Mario Kart and making it a sequel to Super Mario World, even though they're not in the same genre and SMK isn't part of the main series. (Don't get me wrong though, SMK is one of my favorite SNES games.)

But to agree with others said, I thought it was an okay game, but the game would have been great had Rare kept it as Dinosaur Planet and spent more time developing it. But considering the declining relationship between Nintendo and Rare at the time, it's understandable why it ended up the way it did.

If Starfox Adventures would have remained Dino planet, than Krystal would be part of that franchise and would be in hands of Microsoft. And we know how Microsoft treats it's franchises. I am happy how it is now.

Adventures was what got me into Starfox to begin with. Never had a 64, never even really heard of Starfox until I was given my Gamecube, and I was flipping through the book of upcoming games that came with it. I remember how that one page for Adventures caught my attention right away, and I was nearly fixated on it. No matter what page I looked to, I always went back to that page. If that book was ever found again, I garuntee you you'd only see wrinkled corners and food crumbs on that page, and that page only, haha.

When I finally got the game, I enjoyed it immensly. Nowadays, while it's still close to my heart, I've alienated it a little bit. It's mainly due to the fandom (as a whole), and their opinion of the game, and how that's affected me.

Still, again, it's a game close to my heart.

• Like 1

Adventures was what got me into Starfox to begin with. Never had a 64, never even really heard of Starfox until I was given my Gamecube, and I was flipping through the book of upcoming games that came with it. I remember how that one page for Adventures caught my attention right away, and I was nearly fixated on it. No matter what page I looked to, I always went back to that page. If that book was ever found again, I garuntee you you'd only see wrinkled corners and food crumbs on that page, and that page only, haha.

When I finally got the game, I enjoyed it immensly. Nowadays, while it's still close to my heart, I've alienated it a little bit. It's mainly due to the fandom (as a whole), and their opinion of the game, and how that's affected me.

Still, again, it's a game close to my heart.

Yeah I did knew Starfox before Adventures, but I didn't knew it was so much fun. I have seen the Starfox adventures boxart before I got into Starfox and it reminded me of Final Fantasy (even tough I have never played it before) somehow lol. But yeah I got interested in that game and the whole serie. And let me guess. Krystal caught your eye on that page?

I liked it. Just isn't a "star fox game." It's a zelda game with Star Fox characters.

I loved that game. Well then I think it's time to play a Zelda game. I never had the chance to play a Zelda game.

Well then, who would like to see a Starfox adventures 2 ( made by Retro )? Fox and Krystal back to Sauria to face general Scales this time? With new areas to explore, ( including scrapped stuff from dino planet N64 ) a character swap function and some plot hole fillers. I know I would buy it.

Well then, who would like to see a Starfox adventures 2 ( made by Retro )? Fox and Krystal back to Sauria to face general Scales this time? With new areas to explore, ( including scrapped stuff from dino planet N64 ) a character swap function and some plot hole fillers. I know I would buy it.

I would buy it, but frankly, that's a waste of Retro's time and talents. They should be working on a hardcore, made for everyone, REAL Star Fox game. Adventures was quirky and fun, but you cannot imagine the negative press that would occur if that's what Retro was up to, making Adventures 2.

• Like 2

@Millionbartek: I just want to point out that

Scale died at the end

So no chances to see him again in a theoretical Adventure 2 !

Oh, and I pretty much just enjoyed the artistic side of Adventure: voice acting, animation, models, character designs, music. The gameplay was a letdown to me it felt like a big fetch quest, rolling barrel dodging simulator, with some added button mashing, and with some very frustrating moment ( Test of Fear, the "Water temple" with this tiny rail you had to walk on to get to the top[which was just an unfair way of making the section longer and harder] ).

And the story had many wtf moments ! So yeah, I'm not too fond of this game, but I don't hate it either.

Its really too bad Rare didn't make a real starfox game from scratch, without Dinosaur Planet stuff in it !

I would buy it, but frankly, that's a waste of Retro's time and talents. They should be working on a hardcore, made for everyone, REAL Star Fox game. Adventures was quirky and fun, but you cannot imagine the negative press that would occur if that's what Retro was up to, making Adventures 2.

Negative press? How about some adventures spin off serie? Capcom did that with Megaman X.

@Millionbartek: I just want to point out that

Scale died at the end

So no chances to see him again in a theoretical Adventure 2 !

Oh, and I pretty much just enjoyed the artistic side of Adventure: voice acting, animation, models, character designs, music. The gameplay was a letdown to me it felt like a big fetch quest, rolling barrel dodging simulator, with some added button mashing, and with some very frustrating moment ( Test of Fear, the "Water temple" with this tiny rail you had to walk on to get to the top[which was just an unfair way of making the section longer and harder] ).

And the story had many wtf moments ! So yeah, I'm not too fond of this game, but I don't hate it either.

Its really too bad Rare didn't make a real starfox game from scratch, without Dinosaur Planet stuff in it !

Well they can come up with an ally or a friend/family member of Scales. I like that game, I guess I like those types of games, I must play Zelda sometime lol.

Adventures is a great game, if you're into Zelda-esque gameplay. I myself get very frustrated with Zelda games, so the game was meh for me, but my friend is a big Zelda fan and he loves it.

Adventures is a great game, if you're into Zelda-esque gameplay. I myself get very frustrated with Zelda games, so the game was meh for me, but my friend is a big Zelda fan and he loves it.

Well, I want to ask you. Do you know any other games that are similar to adventures, but are not Zelda?