Anime

Battlechili

Hi,

although Railgun is only a spin of of Index, I liked Railgun better. Focused on Misaka and her ability is much more interesting, than watching Index to get kidnapped or something like that - that's just so trivial. Even in the Index series I enjoyed the arc with Misaka, Accelerator and Last Order much more, than the whole Index-story.

I've started watching Desert Punk.

I haven't done much with Anime but I'm starting to like it :D

I've started watching Desert Punk.

I haven't done much with Anime but I'm starting to like it :D

Just looked Desert Punk up, and based on my very short quick google search, it sounds and looks kinda cool! Let us know if its any good.

Also, just noticed that your avatar is Yoko from Gurren Lagann.

I'm curious, does anyone watch the Toonami original anime, IGPX? I used to watch it when I was younger, and it's back again. It has an interesting concept to it, in that mechs are used for combat racing (think of a cross between Gundam and Nascar).

I'm curious, does anyone watch the Toonami original anime, IGPX? I used to watch it when I was younger, and it's back again. It has an interesting concept to it, in that mechs are used for combat racing (think of a cross between Gundam and Nascar).

I've been DVRing it and I could start watching it very soon. I record a lot of the Toonami shows each week, and this is one of them.

I saw the first episode, and I enjoyed it, but I don't like the CGI. The whole racing concept seems lame to me too. But I love the characters, 2D art, and the fact that animals can talk in it.

The animation when in 2D is great too!

The CGI is my problem with it, especially. It looks so ugly.

Overall, I like IGPX from what I've seen. I need to watch more though.

Just looked Desert Punk up, and based on my very short quick google search, it sounds and looks kinda cool! Let us know if its any good.

Also, just noticed that your avatar is Yoko from Gurren Lagann.

24358.jpg

Aside from the constant jokes regarding Junko Asagiri's "womanhood", it is a pretty decent anime with comedy mixed in with roaring action. Check it out for yourself on Netflix.

If only I had Netflix. :(

Might be on Youtube though. Either way, I might find a way to watch it one way or another.

If only I had Netflix. :(

Might be on Youtube though. Either way, I might find a way to watch it one way or another.

As someone on here said to me, use Crunchyroll. Get a free account, and you can watch hundreds of different anime.

The CGI is my problem with it, especially. It looks so ugly.

Considering it was only 2005 CGI, compared with what we have currently of course it looks ugly, especially for a simple 13 episode series.

Considering it was only 2005 CGI, compared with what we have currently of course it looks ugly, especially for a simple 13 episode series.

I seem to recall it was 26 episodes. I'll admit the CGI still looks pretty good to me, even though it's completely dated. The same goes for Zoids.

Anyone try an anime called Ghost Stories? It's a hilarious anime. But make sure it's dubed. That's the better version. Sub isn't as good. 

Why dubed? Because the voice actors were told they could do whatever they want. With that comes hilarious comments. 

Here's some examples... Be warned. NSFW.

NSFW WARNING

• Like 2

That's nothing

I'm not sure if I can top that, but... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxZyk06Ccww

Anyone try an anime called Ghost Stories? It's a hilarious anime. But make sure it's dubed. That's the better version. Sub isn't as good. 

Why dubed? Because the voice actors were told they could do whatever they want. With that comes hilarious comments. 

Here's some examples... Be warned. NSFW.

NSFW WARNING

Your avatar shaking his head "yes" while watching this made it even better. I want to watch Ghost Stories now. Has it been released on dvd in America? Because I want it.

There are a couple anime I remember watching that I enjoyed. One was UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie, which was a romantic comedy style anime with some pretty cartoonish action. I remember the cat maid being very funny. The other was called Devil Lady, which was vastly different. It was dark, action packed, creepy, and pretty gruesome, though it's very tame compared to the original series Devil Man.

Your avatar shaking his head "yes" while watching this made it even better. I want to watch Ghost Stories now. Has it been released on dvd in America? Because I want it.

I bet a DVD copy is somewhere. I just watch videos online because free money. 

I'm now watching Madoka Magica. I just finished with episode 3, and holy crap this show is vastly different from other magical girl anime. When I first head of this anime and saw some pictures, I thought it was going to be another cutesy anime with super sentai-ish monsters like in Sailor Moon. But this show is a far cry from shows like that. I am officially invested in watching this anime.

I'm now watching Madoka Magica. I just finished with episode 3, and holy crap this show is vastly different from other magical girl anime. When I first head of this anime and saw some pictures, I thought it was going to be another cutesy anime with super sentai-ish monsters like in Sailor Moon. But this show is a far cry from shows like that. I am officially invested in watching this anime.

I think that's how it was for many people who watched it. The official trailer for the show even makes it out to be just another magical girl anime.

Glad you are enjoying it. Its one of the best I've ever seen. Update what you think and how you feel as you continue. It'd be interesting to see your reactions.

I think that's how it was for many people who watched it. The official trailer for the show even makes it out to be just another magical girl anime.

Glad you are enjoying it. Its one of the best I've ever seen. Update what you think and how you feel as you continue. It'd be interesting to see your reactions.

Well I just finished episode 4. It's getting much darker now. I also get this very bad feeling about the little fur ball, Kyubey. To me, there is something more sinister to him that goes beyond that constant vacant stare. I'm not sure though, just gonna have to keep watching to find out for sure.

More people watching Madoka is always a good thing. It's another one of those anime that I assert everyone should watch at least once.

I've already fangasmed a whole hell of a lot about the plot and characters in the past, though, and I don't wanna risk spoiling anything while you're watching it, so instead

Holy shit

Dat soundtrack

It's easily one of my most listened-to playlists on iTunes. So many amazing songs.

More people watching Madoka is always a good thing. It's another one of those anime that I assert everyone should watch at least once.

I've already fangasmed a whole hell of a lot about the plot and characters in the past, though, and I don't wanna risk spoiling anything while you're watching it, so instead

Holy shit

Dat soundtrack

It's easily one of my most listened-to playlists on iTunes. So many amazing songs.

I definitely agree on that. The music is amazing. I actually just finished listening to, in my opinion so far, the best song, entitled 'Magia', which currently the ending theme in episodes 3 and 4.

I also began watching another anime that's been getting a lot of positive reaction. An anime that Battlechili1 happens to have a clip from in his signature. Yep, I started watching Attack on Titan. I haven't fully invested myself in it yet, only watching the first two episodes for becoming invested in Madoka Magica. However, It already grabbed a lot of my attention in just the first episode. I mean, what a way to start us out on in the first episode! Have the main character face the biggest tragedy that any main character can face in these shows? Holy crap!! Also, needless to say, I am absolutely addicted to the opening theme for the show. Quite possibly THE most epic theme song EVUR!!! It's like a Japanese version of a song by Nightwish! It's just so awesome!!!

I definitely agree on that. The music is amazing. I actually just finished listening to, in my opinion so far, the best song, entitled 'Magia', which currently the ending theme in episodes 3 and 4.

I also began watching another anime that's been getting a lot of positive reaction. An anime that Battlechili1 happens to have a clip from in his signature. Yep, I started watching Attack on Titan. I haven't fully invested myself in it yet, only watching the first two episodes for becoming invested in Madoka Magica. However, It already grabbed a lot of my attention in just the first episode. I mean, what a way to start us out on in the first episode! Have the main character face the biggest tragedy that any main character can face in these shows? Holy crap!! Also, needless to say, I am absolutely addicted to the opening theme for the show. Quite possibly THE most epic theme song EVUR!!! It's like a Japanese version of a song by Nightwish! It's just so awesome!!!

I got "Magia" on my computer after getting it on Amazon. I love it. Madoka's soundtrack is great.

I think the opening theme of Attack On Titan has gotten to many people on the internet. I mean, have you seen all the crossovers of it out there? xD

Yeah, the first episode of Attack On Titan is quite a way to start a show.

But man, you are watching some dark stuff. Madoka Magica and Attack On Titan around the same time? Make sure you can handle all the sadness and tragedy.

Anyways, have fun!

I got "Magia" on my computer after getting it on Amazon. I love it. Madoka's soundtrack is great.

I think the opening theme of Attack On Titan has gotten to many people on the internet. I mean, have you seen all the crossovers of it out there? xD

Yeah, the first episode of Attack On Titan is quite a way to start a show.

But man, you are watching some dark stuff. Madoka Magica and Attack On Titan around the same time? Make sure you can handle all the sadness and tragedy.

Anyways, have fun!

No need to worry there. I'm also mixing in Dog Days to even out the tragedy. Speaking of Dog Days, that's how also has some songs I really enjoy listening to. I love the season 1 intro theme, Scarlet Knight, and the second song sung by Princess Millhi towards the end, Promised Love, is also a great one to listen to.

Took the liberty a few days ago to listen to Magia, since y'all were talking about it, and it's strange, but that's just not a song I could honestly say I'd go out of my way to listen to again, haha. But the conversation did get me thinking about animes I've seen that I did love the soundtrack to, and I remembered .hack//SIGN, and how I didn't actually ever finish watching it. I'd try to catch it on Toonami every day way back when, but you miss episodes and suddenly things make no sense so you stop because you don't want to watch a fragmented story, and decide to make a time where you watch its entirety, but that time doesn't come. So I decided to make that time. So far reached episode 19, my favourite episode of the series so far.

Anyways, .hack//SIGN soundtrack. It's fucking fantastic, seriously, with a great range of music. The opening song "Obsession" is fantastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43O7Dyd3QtU

But my favourite would have to be "Key of the Twilight," which is good because it's actually played rather often in the series, though at no point was its melody not welcomed by this man, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_g83wO0g6Q

But also these songs, folks. Seriously, go listen to the entire soundtrack.

The vocals in this one just get so disturbing and mind blowing at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ-0XASP1-I

And Lord have mercy, this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K88cjC9MTO8

The real kicker of it is, that Yuki Kajiura did the soundtrack for both .hack//SIGN and Puella Magi Madoka Magica (and a sizable list of other things) so I may have to give some other songs from there a listen to.

I definitely remember the opening theme for .hack//SIGN. I used to watch the show just for that theme.

Well back onto anime. Thanks to my sister, I have come across another anime that looks very interesting. It's called Air Gear. Based on appearances, it looks like an anime version of the video game Jet Set Radio. I've only started watching episode 1, and already I'm enjoying it. This is one of those anime that people should watch the dub of. The dialogue for the English dub is crude and hilarious. There is great character design, especially with one girl in the very first episode.

I should warn anyone who might want to watch this anime, MAJOR NSFW:

NSFW WARNING

This anime contains bare, uncensored breasts. The area below the waist is censored, though by some random cartoon crow.