Anime

Battlechili

Currently watching Blazblue Alter Memory. If you've played the games, don't expect much of Calamity Trigger.

Eh, Angel Beats. That one pisses me off more than most.

Because it could have been really good, and was on the right track to being really good, but then it got cut down from 26 episodes to 13 because of some bullshit or another. So the last few episodes were super-rushed and there were a lot of cool characters that got just put on a bus with no character development.

Feels bad, man.

I agree with Xort on both counts. 1: Angel Beats is not a show you should look forward to. Try finding the manga instead...and then try translating it....

and 2: Kill la Kill. I thought the show was about to go downhill, and then the story gets good again. Seriously, I feel like a kid again watching a shonen anime like Ultimate Muscle or something. I look forward to the fights so much!

• Like 1

Hi,

it seems, there are plans to make an Angel Beats Visual Novel. Not to much information yet but there will be many possible routes and endings, divided into several episodes. Maybe this could be, what all of the people, who didn't like the ending, have been waiting for. And as Angel Beats is a quite popular series in the western world, there is quite a chance, that it will be licensed and translated. Steins;Gate for example got also licensed by JAST and will be released sometime this winter :-)

If it does get a VN, then I do have high hopes. And even if it doesn't get licensed, Angel Beats is too damn popular not to get a fan translation. Any links to a source on that rumor? I'd love for it to be true.

Hi,

Source: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-19583.html

Translations I found for that:

There will be six volumes total.

Otonashi is the player character in Volume 1.

The first volume will cover events up to episode 10 of the anime.

Jun Maeda is writing the scenario

The routes in the first volume will be Iwasawa, Matsushita, and Yui.

There will be original characters in later volumes.

The original voice actors from the anime will reprise their roles.

Releasing on the Vita? My best guess from the first line

Eps 1-9 from the anime will constitute common route, ep 10 is individual route

Volumes 2 and after will only be individual routes

They want to release every half year

If you still volumes 2 and beyond while having volumes 1 installed (hope that's what インスコã™ã‚‹ means), the exchanges will change

They'll have more CGs than Clannad in just the first Volume

Not entirely sure what's going on in this line

There will be a route for every guy and girl

(I'm guessing here) Even though everyone is a heroine like Yui, it does not mean they will be sticking close to Otonashi

There are minigames, but it's not an RPG

Naga is supervising the original picture only, a couple of people are in charge (I think)

Depending on choices, Otonashi can become gay, lesbian, or an idiot. Similar to Clannad MC

New character will support Otonashi in getting everyone to graduate

"Depending on choices, Otonashi can become gay, lesbian, or an idiot."

Wat. But cool, I hope this does turn out to be legit. 

"Depending on choices, Otonashi can become gay, lesbian, or an idiot."

Wat. But cool, I hope this does turn out to be legit. 

I didn't realize idiot was an orientation... my life makes so much more sense now.

• Like 3

Watching the movie Akira on Toonami right now.

Man, the animation in this movie is amazing!

Is it me, or did they REALLY mess up the pacing for Kill la Kill these past two episodes? I was expecting a full episode per fight at this point in the series. And talk about learning new attacks for the purpose of plot convenience. Although I couldn't help but laugh at how hilarious that final move was for the second fight of the elite four  :P

Shit's in spoilers for the sake of safety since I don't wanna risk spoiling anything.

I actually like it. The fact that the second fight didn't last very long fit Glasses Guy's character pretty well. He's not some utterly devoted knight type like Gamagoori, he's just interested in gathering data. Of course he wouldn't fight to the end. His short fight and then surrender breaks up the usual, formulaic approach to the way these sorts of fights go.

And yeah, she's learning to do new things really fast, but it's quite apparent that's a plot point itself given Sexy Sensei's little phone call.

But it's quite possible I'm just forgiving of the flaws because NONON IS BEST ELITE FOUR HOLY SHIT I LOVE HER SO MUCH. I loved her when she was just an adorable little bandloli, and I love her even more now that she's a psychotic bitch. 120% waifu material.

IN OTHER NEWS

I've been watching a bunch of shitty harem anime because apparently I hate myself or something

And we have all these harems and reverse-harems and I'm sure there's gay harems and lesbian harems but have there ever been any where all these girls want some dude's dick but he's actually totally gay and is too far in the closet/doesn't have the heart to tell them he'd rather kiss a dude than them? Because honestly, I think that shit'd be better than like 99% of the harem shit out there today.

If it's not a thing, it totally should be. Like holy shit you can take the time-honored tradition of putting an "unlucky" guy being hounded by hordes of busty attractive schoolgirls and, with one simple tweak, he really IS unlucky and can't rightly turn them all down without revealing to everyone that he's gay. 

Make him a really deadpan motherfucker so that when he inevitably walks in on all of them naked he really doesn't give a shit or express any shock. He either ignores or doesn't notice their attempts to seduce him. It looks like he's just your typical, retardedly oblivious harem protag and then you transition into the drama of coming out and worrying about acceptance and HE ACTUALLY HAD A REASON TO NOT ACCEPT ANY OF THE ADVANCES HE'S BEEN DEALING WITH HE'S ACTUALLY NOT SOME OBLIVIOUS MORON AFTER ALL.

And then from there, some of the girls just lose interest because he's not available and maybe one or two is disgusted and the others are supportive and suddenly you've turned a mostly reviled genre of anime into a potentially great heartwarming or bittersweet story.

Or maybe I'm just putting too much thought into goddamn harem anime of all things.

Any of you fans of works by Osamu Tezuka? (Astro Boy, Kimba the White Lion, Black Jack, etc)

The anime release crowdfunding website Anime Sols has 3 Tezuka movies bundled in a set that has less than 24 hours to get funded for a DVD release, so if any of you are fans of Tezuka's works or want to own any of the particular movies in the set someday, then you guys might wanna jump on this and try to fund it while you can. http://animesols.com/video_sets/17

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.orendsrange.com/2013/12/ufotables-fatestay-night-anime-promo.html

I REVIVE THIS TOPIC WITH SPECTACULAR NEWS!

Are you a fan of the Nasuverse? Did you hate the Fate/Stay Night adaptation after playing the VN because of how shittily Deen did things? Are you looking for a savior to rescue F/SN from the trash heap?

THEN LOOK NO FURTHER!

ufotable is an absolute powerhouse when it comes to Nasuverse adaptations. They did the Kara no Kyoukai movies (amazing animation, music, fantastic adaptations that cut most of the unnecessary bullshit while still keeping the important details) as well as Fate/Zero, which can boast pretty much all of the same things.

And now, they're basically saying "Fuck you, Deen, we can do it better."

Oh happy, happy day. Best news of 2014 and it's not even 2014 yet.

Actually Fate/Stay Night's VN had multiple different arcs I heard, and consequently ufotable is just animating another one of the arcs other than Deen's one. Or at least that's what I've heard.

Also Sword Art Online II was announced. I don't really like SAO, but for anyone who does, there ya go. Hopefully this one will be more enjoyable for me. This one has guns.

Currently watching Blazblue Alter Memory. If you've played the games, don't expect much of Calamity Trigger.

I tried watching it; it didn't make much sense to me.

People really seem to recommend Attack on Titan. Anyone here want to add to that or disagree?

Actually Fate/Stay Night's VN had multiple different arcs I heard, and consequently ufotable is just animating another one of the arcs other than Deen's one. Or at least that's what I've heard.

Also Sword Art Online II was announced. I don't really like SAO, but for anyone who does, there ya go. Hopefully this one will be more enjoyable for me. This one has guns.

Yeah, there's three different arcs and it's possible that ufotable is gonna do the one they didn't do and leave it at that, but they also might do the other ones too

And even if they only do Heaven's Feel and not touch the two Deen animated, it's still a F/SN adaptation that isn't totally bojang, and it's also kinda the best arc in a lot of people's eyes anyway so I'M STILL EXCITED MOTHERFUCKER.

Also, I heard about SAO. I am displeased. Apparently Kirito is now a trap in some game taking on people armed with GUNS using only a LIGHTSABER. It's probably just gonna be the same old bullshit in a different setting. Still gonna watch it though, so I can bitch about in an educated way it at the very least.

People really seem to recommend Attack on Titan. Anyone here want to add to that or disagree?

HATE HATE HATE.

But I'm in a clear minority and I do admit it isn't as bad as I make it out to be. But I also do think it's pretty bad. I legit couldn't make it past episode six, I think? I tried to go further to finish what I'd started and see if it gets better, but the thought of doing so was the most unappealing thing I could imagine.

That said, I'll spare you the wall of text and just say you should watch a few episodes yourself and see if it's your thing. Given the HORDES of people who love it to death, chances are good that you'll be one of them.

Well. There is one anime I can't stand. *cough*fairytail*cough*

For me, the one anime I can't stand is Gantz. Ick.

To pessimistic and morally depraved for me.

On a light note, only a few more days left before Space Dandy premieres!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT6y1f_mPSc

In addition to SAO2 there's an OVA that just came out. :P It was basically a recap of SAO and ALO with a segue in to GGO at the end. Also a cute little quest at the end with a whale. It's worth a watch just for the second half with the quest in it. It's an hour and 40 minutes long though, and I think at least an hour of it was the recap.

In addition to SAO2 there's an OVA that just came out. :-P It was basically a recap of SAO and ALO with a segue in to GGO at the end. Also a cute little quest at the end with a whale. It's worth a watch just for the second half with the quest in it. It's an hour and 40 minutes long though, and I think at least an hour of it was the recap.

Waaaaaat??

I must find this immediately when I get back from work tomorrow.  I was just about to run through the original SAO again for the lulz and the shoving Japanese down my ear holes - so this is very much welcome here.  Also, if I understood correctly, the gun play business in this next SAO is canon to the manga.  

All this talk of SAO, I must encourage anyone that liked that, to go and watch .hack//SIGN. I do love that anime so much. Quite a few characters I enjoy.

Plus, it has taught me how to dance:

DvWobNH.gif

But, there is one thing that's strange about the closure episode:

It combined .hack//SIGN with the .hack// games stories, as they are connected, but Sora is in the closure episode, which doesn't kinda works and kinda doesn't, namely because Sora's real world player, Ryou Misaki, was put into a coma during the events of SIGN, and only left it after Morgana's defeat, but his parents did not reintroduce him to the game that put him into a coma, and he didn't rediscover it until The World R:2, when he created, ironically (given that Sora, his first character, was a notorious player killer), the Player Killer Killer, Haseo. This means that the Sora in that episode, is not the real one but a CPU controlled one (which works given you get AI versions of the .hack//SIGN characters as party members in the .hack// games, such as Subaru and Tsukasa.)

Watched the pilot for Gingitsune. It is a very cutesy show from what I can tell, so if you can't stomach that stuff, don't watch it. So far, its taken my interest.