The Pokemon Thread

hoo

This is the general discussion of Pokemon thread. Yay.

NOTE: Try to keep it down to games, rather than the anime. The anime should be in The Picture House.

Anyways, the new Pokemon games came out on Friday, and we have the ability to share some secret bases with others through QR codes.

Here's mine.

2qtIW6i.jpg

Not too fancy, but pretty decent considering they just came out.

So... Shall we discuss Pokemon?

EDIT: My old save broke, so here's an updated code.

Ok then. To everyone who has it, what do you think of ORAS?

I love Omega Ruby, having played the original. Only up to Mount Chimney so far but I am getting through it.

Also, did you get Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire?

I will post my secret base when I actually make the code for it.

I got Omega Ruby, because the original Ruby was my first Pokemon game. But I am LOVING the remakes so far. Me and my friend bought the games as soon as they were released on the eshop, and I beat it the day after, while it took him a couple days to beat it.

Not going to say anything much because of the inability to add spoilers on mobile, and it's a game to experience for yourself.

The last pokemon game I have played was Pokemon Gold for the GBC If I count console games, then the last ones I have played were Colosseum and Colosseum XD. So quite litterally, I know practically nothing about Pokemon beyond the 2nd (or was it 3rd?) generation. When I hear people talk about remakes of the old games, I often ask why they enjoy them so much. Is it the thrill of catching new Pokemon that never existed before? Or perhaps it is because the games got slightly harder over time because of all the new Pokemon you never faced?

From what I am reading on the web, people are somewhat upset about how easy Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire are. In fact, this article http://kotaku.com/think-pokemon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-sapphire-are-too-eas-1663809165 suggests going as far as using Nuzlocke Rules to make the game more challenging. I think it is common knowledge that every Pokemon game can be beaten even when only using your starter throughout the entire game. (I say this with the exception of the original Colosseum, so only the handhelds really count imo.)

My typical Pokemon team = Starter: LV 100, and everyone else: LV 25 and below...XD

In that article from Kotaku I linked, I noticed that it says there is something called a "Triple Battle", "Rotation Battle", and "Multi-Battles". Since I have played the Colosseum games, I know what Double Battles are, so does Triple mean 3 v 3? Rotation and Multi-Battle I can't even begin to guess what they are.

Without spoiling anything, could you give me two or three reasons that could make these newly released  games feel like the best Pokemon games I have ever played? (Besides online capability for tougher battles of course. That one is obvious to me.)

A triple battle is the same as a double battle, just with 3 pokemon on each side. A rotation battle is where 3 pokemon are out at once, but only one of them can be in the attacking position at any time. These pokemon can then be rotated around as needed, and a multi battle is just where 2 trainers team up against 1 or 2 others.

The music for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire is fantastic.

Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts musician) even made a new track for it.

I am liking Omega Ruby. It seems like it has more substance than Pokemon Y. Pokemon Y looked great, but there was not a whole lot of exploration to do, and there was nothing to do once you beat the game. Omega Ruby definitely has more exploration and stuff to do.