Katheeri

Zaphyr Stone

"I don't know why he wouldn't trust you." She shook her head helplessly, "Maybe he's just scared. I mean, you're just trying to help, right? Maybe I can get him to open up. He trusts me." She sighed, "Of course I'll keep it a secret. This is a really big deal."

----

Zefran's head swam with drowsiness as a soft nudge pulled him back into waking world. His head throbbed, and his body felt like it had been pulled through a strainer. He forgot about all of this when he saw the familiar face of the dragon he had shared a nice conversation with.

"You?" He mumbled groggily.

"Yep, me," Pawel said. He crossed his arms. "How are you holding up, kid?"

He glanced at the doorway, wondering if anyone else was coming to see him. "You took a pretty nasty hit yesterday. We took a pretty nasty hit."

"Alright then." Tiger said, "If you can get him to open up, that would be very helpful to us helping him." He then made a motion to Amelia as he started to lead "Ashley" into the room. "Miss, I'll accompany you and your student in." He said to her, waiting for both women to enter first.  Of course, at the same moment, Zera was waiting for Alek to enter as well.  She was going to go in after him to keep tabs.

She drew in a breath once she saw him awake and doing well. She could tell he was in some pain still. Not giving Zefran time to ask about them, she hurried over and threw a big hug on him that made him grunt.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you're all right!" She gripped him tightly, "We were all so worried about you!"

Zefran's eyes went wide in surprise, a strange gold light briefly flickering across them. With her touch, his pain had suddenly vanished like mist. He felt amazing! It was as if nothing had ever happened.

"I-I don't understand." He looked at her in confusion. Who was she?

"It's okay." She pulled away and wiped a stray tear from her eye, "You're safe now."

Quickly reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a small device and planted it on his shoulder.

"I have him. Transport now!" She said quickly.

Pawel was blitzed by the appearance of this strange feline female, and her abrupt actions.

This bitch thinks she can swipe this kid from me?! Oh, no!

He grabbed Aura's throat with his left hand, and shielded Zefran with his right arm, grasping him.

"Who are you and what do you think you're doing?!" he yelled.

Amelia followed Ashley into the room. She practically held her breath as she was about to witness one of the greatest discoveries the Lylat has seen. A Katheeri! This will change everything! She had so many questions to ask him, so many things she wanted to know.

She stayed slightly behind Ashley as she went up to him to hug him. When she saw him, she opened her mouth slightly, confused.

That's not who I saw yesterday, she thought. Then she realized that he must have that holo-disguise on to hide his true appearance, because she did recognized the image of the adolescent cat from yesterday.

Then, before she knew what was happening, the Sclav dragon grabbed Ashley by her arm, as if she'd done something.

"Wait, what's happening?"

It all happened so fast, but Tiger's instincts proved true in this instance as he made an attempt to try and get the device off of Zefran.  Hopefully he would be able to get it off of Zef in time before this "transport" happened.  He was just getting it off of him, and began to toss it away...

With Zefran in relatively safe hands with Tiger, he focused more of his attention to the cat. With his one hand, he threw her halfway across the room, and took out a small blaster pistol he always hides in his boot. He cocked it, a low hum sounding its readiness to fire. Pointing it at the strange feline, he began interrogating her.

"Answer my questions, lady! I don't have the patience for nonsense!"

The girl choked out a yelp of alarm as the massive dragon grabbed her up by the throat. She struggled in his grip until she was thrown aside and slid into the wall by the window. She coughed out her breath, still panting as she looked up into the barrel of the gun.

"Please, I don't mean any harm." She spoke levelly.

"I don't really believe you, lady," replied Pawel, still aiming the pistol straight at her. "Mostly because I don't know who you are and you tried kidnap Zefran, something most people don't really want done to them."

"I don't like asking questions too many times: who are you and why were you trying to take away Zefran?"

Tiger had sent the device flying, and it would have smashed into little pieces had it not flashed out of existence.  Likely due to the transport.  He then walked up next to Pawel, leaving Zera to keep watch of Zef, Amelia and Alek. "Alright, explain now!" Zera demanded at Amelia, whipping out a blaster and aiming it at the fox/hound hybrid. "And you had better do it fast!" The rest of the team, Sven, Jess, and the guards all now swarmed the entrance, leveling weapons at Amelia, while Pawel and Tiger dealt with Aura.

Tiger meanwhile added in. "You better start talking, young lady." Tiger said to her, "I doubt I could hold Major Chmielnicki back for long, if at all."

Amelia shrieked, and threw her hands over her mouth as the situation went from zero to sixty in no time flat. Without consciously meaning to, she stepped backwards, toppling over a chair and falling on her ass.

"What. The. Fuck." She whispered, now knowing she was in way over her head.

"She's not with me!" The girl said quickly, eyes widened fearfully as she saw a gun drawn on the woman, "She had no idea about any of this. I just used her to get in here to Zefran."

"How do you know my name?" Zefran asked, pulling off his monitors so he could stand.

She turned her attention to him. Something flashed in her eyes. Was that guilt?

"I know a lot about you, Zefran." Her image fizzled, and crouched at the window was a black-furred Katheeri with soft violet eyes.

Zefran's eyes widened. She was like him! Another Katheeri!

Before either of them had a chance to say more, a low pulse shattered the glass on the window. A tall, armored figure swooped in, a pair of wings formed from a golden light tucking into his back as he lunged straight for Pawel and his gun.

The glass that was shattered as a result of the energy pulse made several shallow lacerations into Pawel's face, before he could even respond to this series of revelations: this stranger being a Katheeri, and she knowing Zefran from long ago. He saw an armored figure with wings, another Katheeri perhaps? This one looked like it was ready to fight, and it lunged at Pawel almost instinctively. He managed to fire off one blaster bolt at the thing as it rapidly approached him.

It happened all so fast as Tiger was assaulted by glass shards himself, he barely had time to cover his face to avoid getting too much damage.  His right ear received a cut through his ear, along with his arms.  He bolted back from the brawl that was about to begin, drawing his blaster at the same time, ignoring the stinging of the cuts into his flesh on his arms and head.

Zera meanwhile turned her attention to the brawl about to start, with everyone else doing the same, forgetting about Amelia at the moment.  They also lost their attention on Zef, right now, the bigger concern was the armored assailant who crashed through the window.  If Amelia was going to try and get out of there, now would be the time for it.

Alek, who was standing in the back given he's not one to succumb to quarrels, had been recording on his eye all that happened. He was startled so when the girl changed form and felt a sense of happiness. A second being to run tests by. Oh the joy! 

Then the face full of glass came. He moved his arm to cover his eyes and face. Didn't stop his arm from getting torn.when he opens his eyes and arms down the creature go for Pawel. Out of insane instinct, he broke open the pharmaceutical cabinet in the room and took out a needle, filled it and lunged at the being with all force. He couldn't loose this creature at any cost.

• Like 1

Amelia looked around at all that was happening. First, an armored assailant crashed through the window. Now everyone and their mom was trying to take him down in a game of Slay-The-Dragon. Amelia had no idea what to do. From her spot on the floor, she made eye contact with Zef. She suddenly had an idea.

While listening in, the vixen was going through what was audibly going on in her mind. It looked like she'd underestimated that cat, thankfully, the tiger and the dragon seemed to have prevented whatever harebrained scheme she'd concocted. Shepherd silently vowed to put this fool and anyone connected to her to the sword, she couldn't have anyone snatch her one chance at redemption in the eyes of the organization she represented away from her...

With the sound of glass shattering, the vixen pushed herself away from her eavesdropping only to lose her footing on the bed. Spending no time feeling embarrassed by her moment of gracelessness, Shepherd rolled off the bed and onto her feet, quickly making to the window. When she pushed it open, Shepherd found it wouldn't budge after a certain point and she drew her photon-blade and activated it.

Only to deactivate it and tuck it away.

Going through the window was idiotic and she knew better. Stepping away from the window the vixen turned and ran for the door, swung it open and stepped outside.

• Like 1

"Sitka, stop!" The girl cried as she watched him absorb the bullet round with a wing and collide with the dragon.

Zefran had been smart enough to hide behind his bed with the shattering of the glass. He could hear the commotion of the brawl, and he did his best to stay out the way. He had to get out of here. More guards would be here soon. He looked up to see the woman who had come in with the other Katheeri. He locked eyes with her helplessly. How were they going to get out?

"Aura, get out of here, now!" Sitka called back as he struggled with his opponent. However, those were the only words could get out before a doctor tackled him and managed to get a needle into the fleshy bit between his armor plates.

"Sitka!" Aura cried, but she knew it was too late. She had to leave.

Reaching the window sill, she leapt out, a pair of wings like his springing from her back and sending her skyward. Their light matched the soft lavender of her eyes.

Pawel shoved the Katheeri, called Sitka, off of him, who had quickly fallen unconscious due to the good doctor's quick thinking of knocking him out with a sedative. He panted, his cuts bleeding, reddening his already crimson scales. He got up. There was a laceration across his forehead, the right side of his snout, and across his chin. He turned to Zefran, covering much of his face with his arm in an effort not to frighten the young Katheeri with the wounds he sustained.

"Zefran, you alright? Or, at least, better than me? And can someone chase after that bitch?!" He gestured to the open window, where he saw the female Katheeri fly from.

Seeing Zef's frightened expressions, Amelia leaped to her feet. She dashed towards Zef and grabbed him by the wrist.

"Come on!" She said, dragging him to his feet and towards the door to the adjacent bathroom. She felt like the luckiest person on the planet when she saw that the bathroom had a door to the hallway. Bursting into the corridor, she made a mad dash for the stairwell.

"Not without some way to fly!" Tiger said to Pawel. "My Arwing is no where near here.  And I sure as Hell am not going to fire at her.  We need to get going and try to catch her." He then noticed that both Zef and Amelia had disappeared. "Where did those two go?!" The guards and the rest of the team looked and jumped at the disappearance of Zeph and Amelia. "Find them!" Tiger said, "We'll deal with that female katheeri later!  Right now, we can't let that woman and Zef get away, for their safety!" The team nodded, and filed out of the room, heading for other rooms, looking for Amelia and Zef.  Ignoring Shep all the while, not realizing what she was up to.  Tiger was also out of the room, leaving behind Hawk, who looked down at the crumpled form of the assailant.

"Oiy, why am I the one left with the icky jobs?.." Hawk grumbled as he bent down to start putting Sitka into proper restraints.

Pawel rushed to a nearby cabinet, where he found bandages and gauze. He wrapped the former around his face arbitrarily, covering up all of his cuts, and he used the gauze to keep it in place.

"Oh, fuck..." he uttered, in terrible pain due to the cuts. He went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. After a few moments of examination, he was satisfied with his rudimentary work. He then went out into the hallway, remembering that some lady and Zefran took off together. Pawel looked down the hallway and saw the two of them heading to a stairwell. He dashed to them, pushing a doctor out of the way.

"Hey! Stop!"

In a flurry of motion, a duo ran out of room 204 and the cerinian almost followed after... that was until Star Tiger and their dragon lackey (Or the dragon and his merc lackeys, given his uniform) stormed out of the room. As much as Shepherd wanted to give chase, that was now simply not possible if she wanted to remain off their radar, besides it was a civilian woman and a boy with an injury (as far as she was aware) verses a hardened mercenary group and a dragon.

They wouldn't get far.

Shepherd curiously took a peek into the room, noted the occupants that were left and called upon her earlier performance during the accident, though minus the tears.

They weren't necessary this time.

"Hello...?" Shepherd announced her presence as she stepped in, "I've, um... come at a bad time, hadn't I?"

She glanced a moment at the unconscious armored fellow, silently making an educated guess his role in the scuffle she'd heard. Perhaps she could worm her way into being present for his inevitable interrogation.

• Like 1

Renard had barely come to. He must have passed out at some point due to his injuries. luckily he always seemed to heal fast, but that corrupted starseed sword did a real number on him. he'd probably have to wait to heal normally. He looked around, trying to get his bearings it looked like he was in some sort of budget hotel room.

" How.. did... I... hmmm." 

he lay back, fully willing to sleep a little more, wherever he is, at least he's safe.