Terteroba Rising

Arminius H O Fiddywinks

Ghost watched him leave and took the opportunity to pull out her pad and briefly look over the topography of the current range. This area was covered in an expanse of flat grasslands, and it seemed to extend to the Pecheneg territory. Their security would no trouble spotting them in a direct approach. They would need to stow away to get inside undetected. She looked up at the heavy trembling of an engine's hum, perplexed at what was clearly not a jeep.

What happened to the terrain vehicle supposedly at your disposal?

Edited by Zaphyr Stone
Zaps doesn't pay attention to things like the setting

Sven was surprised when Elizabeth kissed him on the cheek, his face clearly showing it. "Night" he said as she turned over. Still laying on his back he closed his eyes, sleep wouldn't come easily tonight.

"Shh..." Korben uttered, placing his index finger over his mouth. He then gestured Ghost into the cab. He contacted Sandor over the radio to get some explosives. "Alex, explosives."

"Sorry, Korben," Sandor said, his voice crackling over the radio. "I'm using the jeep and all of its explosives to attack the enemy. I'm on a revenge mission..." Sandor bounced up and down repeatedly in the jeep as it rolled rapidly across the harsh landscape.

"Meet me there," ordered Korben. Sandor groaned with annoyance.

"Fine!" he yelled. As Korben got that message, he turned to look at Ghost to communicate with her.

I have a man who's going to meet us outside the village with our jeep and explosives. He jumped the gun a bit.

Ghost hurried to the other side of the cab and slid into the passenger seat. Strapping in, she looked up at his signs. She nodded in understanding, less than thrilled this third man was operating on his own.

Very well. Have him meet us on the far outskirts. The terrain is too level to provide cover for our vehicles. We will need to find another way into the village if we are to remain undetected.

Kimber tailed Sandor for a good hour. Daylight was breaking, Kimber wondered if and when they were going to find her and what state her life would be.

Korben nodded, and shifted the pickup into gear. He drove off and out of the village. A few klicks away from Ada Kulun, Korben tapped Ghost on the shoulder, making sure she saw his lips. "Bumpy ride," he said, jostling in his seat. Korben, however, was not just financially invested in this mission by getting paid for it. He was personally involved. They took away his best friend in the 'verse. They took away someone he cared about. Someone who watched his six in a war. They would pay dearly for their crimes. The scowl on his face made this quite clear.

Sandor halted the jeep when he caught sight of the Tashdar village hall's tower. He found a hiding spot beyond the crest of a ridge where he could hide the jeep from Pecheneg sentries. Sandor sent the coordinates to Korben on his transmitter, and patiently waited for his buck-tooth friend.

Kimber gets off of his bike and unholsters his weapon. Coming to Sandor, he lays beside him. "Seems you took my words too far." He says quietly.

Ghost steadied herself against the truck's violent jostling. Her eyes slid shut as she took a moment to center her focus. She played out a number of possible routes they could take, variables they might encounter, moves and countermoves.

Sandor laid prone on his stomach, among moderately tall grass, scanning the village. He wondered where Elizabeth was, if she was still there. Perhaps in the basement of the mansion of the village chief, or in a dungeon under the village hall. He looked through his binoculars, and spotted each individual patrol, mapping their movements. He grunted and groaned inquisitively. As the deep night dragged on, he heard the puttering of a pickup truck come from behind. Sandor looked back to see Korben, along with some lady.

"Who is the asszorny?" Sandor asked quietly. Korben crept up beside Sandor, going prone.

"Called Ghost. Good stealth." explained Korben succinctly. Sandor examined Ghost carefully from head to toe, and nodded.

"She's sexy," he said, looking at the village.

"She's deadly," commented Korben.

Ghost crouched down in the cover of the grass with the two men. Spotting Sandor's binoculars, she tapped his head with a claw and then pointed to the device. She needed to see what they were dealing with.

Kimber looks at the woman , confused. 

"Who is she?" He asks.

"A coworker," said Sandor, who gave the binoculars to Ghost. He nudged to the side to allow Ghost a better view of the village. Sandor then gripped the Ogniemite religious necklace around his neck, and began praying in Magyar. He prayed for protection, and the hope that his God will give him the strength to strike down every heathen in his path, and to safeguard his teammates, as well as Elizabeth and that other Cornerian. Sven, his name was.

Korben scanned the village with his sunglasses. X-rays and thermals aided his vision as well. Since it was deep night, there were a few sentries. However, if any was to be alerted to their presence, the whole village would come against them in arms, and since in the last battle, there were over 100 that descended upon them, Korben shuddered at the prospect of fighting two or even three times that number.

Kimber lay back and looked his weapon over. He had three clips, it wasn't practical but better than nothing.

"Twenty-four rounds." He said. "Then I'm reduced to the energy kat." Kat referred to katana.

Sandor glared at Kimber with his beady eyes, which seemed to pierce what was left of his soul. "You didn't bring any other weapons?!" he asked under a strained yet quiet voice. He writhed in his prone position, groaning. Korben shuffled away from Sandor, accidentally bumping into Ghost.

"If I knew you were blowing up a village, I would have." Kimber  said. "But now you've gotta make do."

So, with our weapons combined I believe we have one hundred twenty-four rounds and I don't know if your friends are packing." He added, looking at Korben. 

"Does he even know how to?" He asks.

Ghost surveyed the landscape. This would be tricky with so little cover. Still, she was confident that if they traveled light, they could pull it off. She frowned at the sudden interruption, Korben having nudged her. She looked back at him, but seeing that he wasn't looking her way, it must have been an accident. She tapped his shoulder and signed once she had his attention.

I should be the one to set the charges. I can get to the site the quietest. One of you will need to detonate it from here once you have the signal. I will require assistance breaching the perimeter. A distraction, perhaps?

Sandor banged his head on the ground, listening to Kimber's blatant ignorance. He held is Sz. 17 to Kimber.

"This has a 71-round magazine," Sandor explained. "I'm carrying three more magazines. I think we have a bit more than one hundred and twenty four rounds." Sandor then glanced at Korben, amazed that Kimber was unable to see the assault rifle Korben had attached to a gun holster on his shoulder. Korben, however, was busy elsewhere: looking at Ghost signing. He nodded in understanding.

My man, Alex, can make a very good distraction, signed Korben, along with his raccoon friend. I can stay here to detonate the charges.

(Dude, he meant between the two of them, sheesh.)

"I know your friend has a gun, but is he at all skilled with it?" Kimber said, rolling his eyes. "I have no idea about the lady." 

He leans back and waits for what would happen next.

• 3 weeks later...

"Korben Dallas is a Black Guard!" Sandor quietly spat out. "He's a dealer in death. And the lady wouldn't be here if she wasn't skilled with fire."

"Damn straight," replied Korben.

Roy looked around the tavern to find Sandor amidst the jolly Terterobas in the smoky tavern; however, he failed. Where was that boy?

"Hey, bartender," Roy said, "where's the tykeriel?"

"He left," said the bartender, cleaning a glass.

Roy nodded, paid his tab, and left the tavern. He looked around for Bohdan. Or Korben. Either one would do. Unfortunately, neither one was seen. Roy grumbled as he approached his dirt bike. Taking out a key and sitting on the saddle, Roy turned on the bike, its motor humming to life. He revved the motor, and sped off out of the village, out on a patrol of the surrounding areas to find his teammates. The headlight was turned to full beam, but alas, he could not find his comrades. It seemed like a hopeless cause when Roy ascended a small ridge dominating the surrounding landscape. He glanced to his left, and spotted the rapidly dimming light of a campfire. He took out his binoculars from his pack to get a better view. The dying flames threw their last light onto two bodies. One of them vaguely looked like Elizabeth. He was spurred on to investigate, and sped his bike in the camp's direction. As the bike's wheels approached the stream dividing him and the camp, he stopped it, and turned off the bike. Roy ran across the stream, stumbling and falling, his side landing on a wicked rock.

"Damn!" he whispered, getting his wet self up off the ground. He suddenly appeared before the two sleeping beauties. One was indeed Elizabeth. The other was that ACI dude. Roy half-remembers his name starting with S. Or was it V? He bent down to examine the two of them. Elizabeth unconsciously wrapped her arms around Sven, and they cuddled beside one another. "Dawww..." he uttered quietly, placing his paws on his cheek. He looked to his left, and saw a bag of caramel candies. He gasp, grabbed the bag, and ate one candy. Roy groaned in almost orgasmic pleasure. "Yes...!" He collapsed to his knees, relaxing by the fire.

Kimber looks at Korben, still not convinced. He rolls his eyes and turns back to the village. It was large, but he had taken on bigger challenges.

"Are we done staring?" He asks. "Because... How long does it take to size up a village?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Shhh..." quietly uttered Sandor, placing his index finger on Kimber's snout. "Shh."

Roy had finished all of the caramel candies in the bag, and was feeling a bit lethargic. He sat beside the sleeping Elizabeth, and examine the tattoos on her body that were revealed. He tried to discern the haphazard shapes and colors by seeing them with the firelight, but the flames were uncooperative, much to his frustration. He grumbled, embraced his knees as he sat, and stared at the fire.

• 1 month later...

Ghost nodded in satisfaction.

Proceed when ready. I will make my way towards the settlement with the charges. She signed with a slight frown to show her urgency, I will be depending on you to keep them distracted long enough for me.

She shook off her bag and grabbed a small transceiver to give to him.

This will send out a vibration to me that I can pick up on. If you need to call me back, this is how.

Korben took Ghost's transceiver and held it close to him. He turned to Sandor, who laid beside him. "Got it?" asked Korben quietly. Sandor nodded 'yes'. He then motioned Kimber to follow him as he silently and stealthily moved up towards the village. Sandor detached his regular cooling barrel jacket and screwed on a barrel which greatly reduced the sound of the blaster firing.

"Kill quietly, Venomian," said Sandor.

Meanwhile, Korben held his position on top of the ridge. Seeing Sandor and his Venomian friend inch away, and Ghost creep to the settlement, he took out his binoculars and continued scanning the area. The village itself was spread out over several square kilometers, and the streets were wide. However, they were dimly light with dirty electric lamp posts. The guards were also sleepy and lethargic, attempting to rouse themselves from their tired stupor with coffee, patrols, more coffee, and conversation. Their firearms and aging blasters were nevertheless deadly in the hands of even a rudimentary militia. A pickup truck with a mounted dual Gatling gun weapon - intended as an anti-vehicle weapon on a more heavily armored vehicle - was also patrolling the streets. Its spotlight mounted on top probing each shadow for enemies. The radio was turned off so that the militiamen could hear anything out of the ordinary.

Ghost crawled carefully through the tall grass, mindful of the rumbling caused by the truck. The group did their job well, as promised. She was relieved, focusing on one step at a time to get past the perimeter.

----

"There's her fighter." Laika confirmed as she found a place to land, two other Arwing-type fighters following suit.

"She hasn't contacted us yet, so I wonder if they've already put her to work?" Said another female through the intercom.

"We'll find out soon enough, I'm sure." A male voice chimed in.

The three exited their vehicles once they were secured, all three canines.

Laika was a dark brindle shepherd, her eyes a sharp orange and dark hair tied back for convenience.

Their leader, Lily, stuck out a little too vibrantly due to her pale white coat, blonde hair and blue eyes. The wolf-mutt looked a great deal more approachable than the other two.

Zane, the only source of testosterone in the group, was a shorter fluffier collie, patchy silver merle coat providing a more camouflaged look.

"I guess we should try to ask around. It's not like she'd be hard to miss." Lily suggested.

"Unless she didn't want to be seen." Laika countered, "Then we're stuck until she contacts us again."

"Could be worse." Zane shrugged, looking around. "This place seems out of the war zone at the very least."

Bohdan was awoken by the sound of fighters landing in a small wheat field just outside the settlement, which gently stirred the whole village from their slumber. Bohdan stood up to get a better view of whomever it may be. He caught sight of three figures: two females and a male. Their silhouettes were clearly outlined by the full moon, and the faint village lights managed to cast their dying rays onto their bodies. He jumped down from the hall, spreading his wings, and glided to meet the three people. Bohdan made a running landing, stomping over the remains of wheat plants and stopped short of the trio. He outstretched his wings to stop him further. He pulled out his massive pistol, and toggled the safety off. He kept it to his side.

"Hello. What business do you have here?" he said.