Cars 3 announced for Summer 2017

Clearwater

I'm surprised that for a Disney/Pixar movie, they made this trailer quite dark. I'm interested to see where they are gonna take this...

12 hours ago, Clearwater said:

I'm surprised that for a Disney/Pixar movie, they made this trailer quite dark. I'm interested to see where they are gonna take this...

Hopefully take it to "The End."

• Like 1

Although I actually grew up with the first Cars movie, but I'm honestly really tired of all these sequels and spinoffs (Planes, Planes: Fire and Rescue). Plus, Disney has been making a whole lot of remakes, spinoffs, and sequels lately, and I really wish that they'd try to come up with something new or original. :/

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2016 at 8:38 PM, Kyubey said:

Although I actually grew up with the first Cars movie, but I'm honestly really tired of all these sequels and spinoffs (Planes, Planes: Fire and Rescue). Plus, Disney has been making a whole lot of remakes, spinoffs, and sequels lately, and I really wish that they'd try to come up with something new or original. :/

Actually, I'd say they're the most creative of the media conglomerates out there right now.

20th Century Fox is giving us yet another Wolverine film (jeez, why don't you just stop making films featuring all the other X-Men altogether Fox? You only seem to like Wolverine, might as well go full throttle off that cliff at this point. No stopping now). And they gave us Independence Day: Resurgence... 20 years after the first movie. And it sucked, hard (on the bright side, at least Will Smith was smart enough not to star in that tripe).

Warner Brothers... tried and failed with a Green Lantern film. Suicide Squad wasn't to my liking, but was apparently successful. In spite of that, they just seem to be crapping out Batman and Superman movies every 2-3 years now. Suicide Squad was one film out of... what? a dozen or so combined Batman and Superman films? My guess is that WB has the horrible ailment of executives knowing of nothing else in the DC Universe. I mean, we don't even need a hyper-obscure superhero like Ted Grant or Hugh Dawkins or anything like that. But is a Hawkgirl or a Teen Titans film really too much to ask for. Really?

Viacom/Paramount? We did get Interstellar... along with a second SpongeBob film, a second TMNT film and a fourth Transformers film. Really you could just change Paramount Studio's name to "Free ATM for Michael Bay Studios" and actually be more accurate about them than their original name.

Now I will admit: Disney isn't guiltless by any stretch of the imagination (MCU and Star Wars anyone?). But we also got Zootopia, Tomorrowland, Big Hero 6, Bears, and more. That is leagues ahead of the other studios.

If you want to blame something, blame greed. China has four times the population of the U.S. and hasn't been exposed to the franchises we're used to. So naturally, Hollywood decided to chase after that industry in the cheapest way possible. At least Disney is trying new things in addition to the extensions of its other properties. I can't really say the same for the other major film studios.

Sorry about the rant folks.

• Like 2