Spending Halloween in Disney

fanfictiondreamer

Have any of you ever been to Disney World this recent Halloween? I have and it was lots of fun. They have this Halloween party in the Magic Kingdom throughout the week of Halloween and everyone has the option to wear a costume. They had all sorts of wicked attractions and entertainment (and by wicked, I mean Halloween themed) and the Disney cast members hand out candy, even to grown ups. I so want to do it, again.

You'll be fine as long as you were vaccinated

2jZouZH.gif

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/disney-measles-outbreak-questions-and-answers/

In seriousness, I'm not one to panic about such things. Most are blown out-of-proportion.

Also, vaccinate your damn kids. The science is in, and vaccines are not dangerous.

• Like 4

Tell me about it. Hearing about parents not vaccinating their kids for some stupid reason is much more frightening than the Halloween terrors, themselves. Even zombies are nowhere near as brainless as them. 

California had its worst outbreak in decades in 2014, and many cases were linked to families who opted out of having their children vaccinated.

That's why I said it, I tried to add onto the joke, but I just wasn't very good at it.  

Back to the topic at hand though!  I'm interested to see what Disney World is like during halloween.  Does it do what Six Flags does and go all out with a trail of terror and haunted houses and such?  Obviously it would have to be a bit less scary or something than what Six Flags does, considering it's much more family oriented, Disney.  

>come to thread expecting spooky disney shenanigans

>vaccinations

/internet

• Like 3

We did the spooky.

VACCINES AND MEASLES

Spoopy4me

• Like 1

I've never been to a Disney theme park, but if I were ever to go around Halloween I'd expect it to be like this. (Start at 2:25)

• Like 1

Actually, the party is called the Mickey's Not-so-scary Halloween party, probably because they don't want to scare the little kids too much. They have spots all over the Magic Kingdom where cast members hand out candy, they had at least 2 dance parties when I was there, they have Disney's villains perform in front of the castle, they also incorporated haunted themes to the parade, such as the ghosts seen in the Haunted Mansion. The song that they play during the parade plays over and over again in my head it's so catchy. Yeah, it was loads of fun. I never had a chance to live that experience as a kid but collecting the candy did bring me back to when I was Trick-or-Treating as a kid. I went to the Oct. 30th party with my parents because Halloween night was overbooked. Not much of a surprise.

And here I want to go to Cedar Point's Halloweekends. Imagine taking their already insane, record-breaking roller coasters, put them in a night setting, and have creepy and crazy monsters roam the park. Now that sounds awesome. Am I the only one here who has been to Cedar Point, which has been rated as the best amusement park in the world?

Don't worry m8, used to live there for a bit. Great park but never went in it since I got dat fear of heights. 

Water parks are better anyways. 

Tell me about it. Hearing about parents not vaccinating their kids for some stupid reason is much more frightening than the Halloween terrors, themselves. Even zombies are nowhere near as brainless as them. 

Please respect anti-vaxers. Rafa is my BFF that had her life ruined thanks to them.

Anyways,... Have fun there FFD! :)

Tell us your experience there too!

Please respect anti-vaxers. Rafa is my BFF that had her life ruined thanks to them.

Anyways,... Have fun there FFD! :-)

Tell us your experience there too!

Speaking as a Med Student.

dpdfq.gif

• Like 3

It's proven, vaccines save countless lives. Would you rather have your vaccines or die from preventable diseases?

• Like 1

Your friend and/or her parents may blame the vaccines, but I highly doubt that was the actual cause.

The only time vaccines are unsafe is if there is some underlying medical condition, such as an allergy (it's up to your doctor to find any such conditions before vaccination). Even if this was the case for your friend, it doesn't excuse the anti-vax movement as this movement is preaching against vaccines based on junk science. When people don't vaccinate because they believe this bullshit (that's what it is), their kids get sick and DIE from diseases that shouldn't be killing ANYONE in a country with a modern health care system in the 21st century. And worse, this kills the herd immunity, thus endangering those who can't get vaccinated due to their existing medical condition.

So, no, I WILL NOT respect these idiots. This level of conspiratorial idiocy that leads to needless suffering and death REALLY pisses me off. Enough so that I will simply not allow SF-O to be used as a platform to spew it.

• Like 8

It's also immensely fucked up that, even if vaccines did cause autism (they 100% absolutely do not and the only reason anyone thinks they do is because of a goddamn scam artist trying to make $$$ off a patent), parents are essentially saying they'd rather their kids and the kids around them die from completely preventable diseases than be autistic. Don't even get me started on the more recent stupid bullshit that is "vaccines cause the gay", again, absolutely no science there. Nothing about anti-vaxxers, on any level, deserves respect. They're at best ignorant, anti-science morons, and at worst they're straight-up bigots.

• Like 2