Survival on an unknown planet (Casual)

UAZ-469

"Our camp is that way," Kaan says points in the direction he came, "just don't try anything stupid."

Kaan walks passed him deeper into the brush and effectively disappearing. It was the Lord Sergeant's way of inviting to stay among them, but mostly to keep on him rather than have him run around doing who knows stirring up trouble.

As the quiet sounds of nature surround Loran and Kimari, Kimari can be seen opening the small sack in front of the others, revealing the rations of food meant for only the bear and wolf, dumping the packaged food onto the ground, offering it to the others to stockpile.

With Loran still on his back, he manages to shrug as he notices the label on the food stuffs, uncaring.

For Tribal Use Only - Synthetic Meat Ration

The modified Ural navigated through the forest, pushing the foliage and branches away, though it seemed to steer deliberately into the former to “clean” itself from the moss, plants and whatnot. If only Andrej wasn't unable to move an inch, as he couldn't hang on to something to keep himself from being thrown around, because the lorry was driving through rough terrain.
That was a very close call”, the konkistador explained. “It would have been much easier to escape if you haven't moved like I told you to. These things would have thought of you as a metallic object or something with the armour you are wearing, but you just had to behave like their prey.”

The soldier then wanted to object by saying that he had all right to be scared to death, but then again, he couldn't say a word.
Whatever, I have three bad news and exactly no good one for you. Which one do you want to hear first?” After noticing that Andrej was poisoned, the machine chuckled. “Oh right, that. Don't worry, it isn't deadly, but you will stay like that for a while.” At least one good news, Andrej thought and listened to the AI, as it continued, “First one, the doors to the hold are damaged to the point, that you can't close them. And hiding in the waters... well, it was my only way to shake off that monstrosity yesterday.”

Andrej first thought how clever it was for using this unconventional tactic – then tried to rage for the loaded equipment that was lost now, which meant no weapons, no food and no beds. Was the computer still working?
And before you ask, yes, the computer still works, but unfortunately, it got damaged during the attack. The range of my radio is also greatly reduced, so I'm quite glad to have reached you. I doubt that we can repair the computer without special parts, though.”
As long as they could use it to repair the transmitter in Muryin's shuttle, it won't be much of a problem. The soldier at that point was only worrying what the konkistador would do if it met the other survivors.
And the last one: I ran out of ammunition after shooting that monster back there, so don't think that I can save your butt in another firefight. Not that I really want to, after what you did yesterday...”
Since his memories refused to come back, Andrej had no idea what he was talking about, but discussing was of no use now anyway.

Whatever, I will talk to you later about this. We both really need a bath after that little adventure and I just happen to know the right place for that from previous expeditions : A waterfall, not far from here.”
Fearing the worst regarding the others, Andrej as usual could do nothing more than just lay in the footwell and wait for a miracle.

Pawel looked as Kaan disappeared into the wilderness. He decided to take up the strange man-thing's offer, and got up off the ground. Grasping his shotgun and satchel, putting his bottle of vodka back in his bag, he started in the direction Kaan pointed to him.

Pawel stumbled over the odd log or rock in his way, but other than that, it was smooth sailing to wherever this camp was. His wingspan disturbed an untold amount of shrubs, grasses, and branches as he trudged his way across the forest. Stopping periodically for rests against trees or on logs, he looked around to make sure no animal was stalking him, with the intention of eating his face.

Upon seeing and hearing the disturbance at the corner of the camp, Muryin rose from her seated position beside Amai and went over to the individual half exposed from the brush. She crouch to observe the man's face.

"Are you alright, sir," she said in a cute innocent voice.

Pawel was startled by the near-human's sudden appearance, although he kept a stoic exterior. He kept his shotgun ready.

"Who are you?" he inquired. Although he did not explicitly point his weapon at the stranger, he was alert.

"I am Muryin Zacca, medical officer. You must have met the Lord Sergeant, he must be still hunting. Please, join us." She pointed to spot near the fire, beaconing with a smile.

*God, how many man-things are there on this world?* Pawel thought to himself. Outwardly, he smiled and nodded.

"I'll take you up on that offer, only if you have something to help me with my cracked ribs." He strained to get up, using his shotgun as a crutch. He winced as he tried to stand up straight. "I'm Paul, by the way.

"Oh my," she said and reached for her medical bag. "On a scale from 1 to 10, how are you feeling?"

Muryin opened her bag and withdrew the various items she needed. She then took her medical scanner and set it up. "I have do a quick scan, to see your anatomy. I hope that is fine with you, Paul."

"Umm..." started Pawel, "62? I slammed into a pine tree, if you want to know." He stretched his wings out, but winced.

"Ugh! I thought that wouldn't hurt..."

Pulls out a device and primes it. "Would you like something for the pain, Mr. Paul?"

It's just up ahead, we will be clean in no time”, the konkistador informed Andrej, who only thought about the carnage the vehicle could bring to the group. It wasn't that pragmatic or friendly like the soldier; in fact, it was just as stubborn and conscientious similar to Bosman and all other AI-controlled vehicles in the army. No wonder since they were all programmed that way, but given that Andrej couldn't do anything to prevent a rampage, he hoped for the best.

Suddenly, the Ural stopped.
Wait, what's that... a wreck? And who are these guys? Is that a medic there?” Sweating again, the soldier silently begged that it wouldn't launch an attack and tried a more diplomatic approach, but knowing the programming, the AI would shoot first and ask questions later. Good thing it was out of ammunition and dodging a cumbersome lorry wasn't an impossible feat. But still...

What a coincidence!”, the konkistador oddly cheered. “Then we can get them to patch you up before we dispose of them. Hang on!”
At least it didn't want to murder them now, but Andrej had to think of a plan to keep the others from dying. The vehicle certainly won't be happy that he was cooperating with others on an official mission, even going so far to call him a traitor, yet the soldier didn't care. He was glad to have met such friendly persons on this wild world to share his wishes, dreams, fears and thoughts and he won't allow a heart- and mindless machine to ruin everything.

So the lorry accelerated slowly to not startle the other survivors.

Placing Loran on the ground once more, allowing her to take her leisure, Kimari takes to inspecting his shotgun, something he failed to fully consider when leaving his craft.

As he counted the eight shells and loaded some of the excess onto his belt, he took his neck fur and displaced it, revealing a collar similar to Loran's, but marked by a red LED, not activated as of yet, remaining silent.

Quietly, his ears twitched, hearing a sound in the distance, but places his focus into hearing Loran's words.

"Hey, Kimari, you gonna speak to these guys or are ya gonna use me all the time?" Loran seems to giggle, knowing that she tends to never see Kimari use his collar.

"Yeah, sure, anything," Pawel replied. "Oh, and you don't have to call me 'Mr.' Paul would be fine."

Pawel heard something peculiar, however. It was the sound of tires and an engine. He turned in its direction and saw a truck slowly approaching the group.

"Is that yours?" he asked Muryin.

"Mr. Andrej is back. But, where did he find that?"

After she was no longer distracted, she applied the pain meds to Paul. She then used a portable x-ray scanner to find the ribs in question. "Definitely broken, lower respiratory... Easy fix. But do not do anything that requires heavy lifting. Take it easy for a while," Muryin says while wrapping his torso.

"Tell me Paul, why are you here in this...wonderland?"

"I'm here..." started a confused Pawel, fixated on the approaching automobile. He seemed distracted by the sudden appearance of the truck. What in the world was it doing here, and who brought it?

"I'm here because I was stranded by pirates," he finally answered.

Muryin finalized her treatment of Paul and reflected on how she had arrived here.

"I was attacked by pirates; my convoy was jumped the moment we came out of lightspeed. We were on a mercy mission, but now that think about it that distress call we received may have been falsified..."

"Hold up," said Pawel. "You were attacked by pirates? Did they board your ship?"

Pawel suddenly felt much better than before, thanks to the medicinal care administered by Muryin. Her bandages neatly wrapped around his torso under his shirt, covering much of his scaly skin there. He breathed in deeply.

"Yes, they tore the ship from the inside out. A third of the personnel were gunned down before they could get into their shuttle and even then only 10 shuttles escaped..." There was a look of sadness on her face. "That is what Kaan told me."

Muryin wiped her eyes, but the thought that she had so many of her friends and comrades was too much.

Finally arrived without scaring the other two, the vehicle halted in front of them, the engine still running and said, much to Andrej's dismay, “Alright you landlubbers, sorry to interrupt your sweet togetherness, but this is a robbery!” It aimed its machine gun on the roof from the girl and the dragon and repeated it several times. “Nobody moves or I will nail your stomachs to the yards! And in contrast to this sorry excuse for a soldier I won't hesitate to do it!”

Muryin startled reacted with her hands held aloft. She was truly surprised when she realized the voice folloe came from the vehicle itself rather than the driver. She followed it's instructions to the letter.

"M-Mr. Andrej," her voice quivered as she stared down the machine gun barrel. "Are you there?"

Thank you for cooperating, he he”, the AI laughed, but then faltered. “What? How do you know...” It groaned. “I knew it, treachery, because why not. But it doesn't matter, he's already a dead man and I will make sure that he will truly become one...”
The AI then opened the driver's door and ordered, “Take and treat that traitorous bastard, before I squash him like a bug, and you two afterwards! You too, scale face! Hurry up, will ya?!”
Andrej hated that thing immediately. Not necessarily because it was deliberately being an unscrupulous douche, but also because the lorry only cared for the mission. Looks like he will have to think of a plan to kill it, before it murdered everyone...

"Mr. Andrej, are you okay?" Muryin leaped from her position and vectored to Andrej slumped in the driver's seat. She wasn't very strong but Muryin was determined to get him out. Paul's condition would worsen if he helped, so it took all her might to pull him from the vehicle and drag him with arms weaved between both armpits joining her hands at the top of him chest. She laid him down close but not too close to the fire and balled up her uniform jacket under his head and neck.

Muryin's gaze returned to vehicle. "We are running low on certain supplies. Do you have some stored?"

"What the---" said Pawel, before stopping himself. He had enough of this world, and he has not even spent a full day on it. The giant centipedes. The tsunamis. The man-things. And now, a talking truck that wanted to rob him. He stood up, brushing aside Muryin and almost totally ignoring the fact that the truck was armed. Whether it had ammunition or not was not something he pondered.

"You know what? I'm about done with you people. I'm just going to go in that direction and try to find more hospitable characters or, God willing, a way off this rock." Pawel began walking in an arbitrarily chosen direction.

The medical officer pursued Paul. She gently grasped his arm. "Please Paul, do not leave. Our best chance is stay together. But...if I cannot convince you to stay, atleast let me come visit you...just to check up on you." She said it with sincerity and conviction. All Muryin wanted was to help people and their problems.

Kaan watched from a distance, seeing the event with the arrivals and the human unconscious by the fire. He grumbled and went back in search of a kill.