Character lodge

Lilacs

• Owner/Technical Admin

Well, I'm heading up to the first available room.

*Naki Walks away and begins to walk twoards the stairs*

"Hey buddy, you'll need these."

*Naki catches the keys that Kal throws at him*

Thanks.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kal

• Lilacs

• Sideways

• Domino

Top Posters In This Topic

M-2, I'm going to ask you to be civil, else I won't tear your repair arm out the next time you get stuck with a Black Shark*.  Kal, whenever you're ready.

Alright.  As I'm sure most of you know, but for those who don't Raj-

I have a demonic weapon.

Really, Kal, if you're going to have someone explain it, don't pretend like I'm not here.  I believe I know more about this thing than anyone else, least of all a fleshbag such as yourself.  And they don't need to know all of our merry escapades to understand how the damn thing works.

...Alright, if you're okay with it, the stage is yours.

There, now that I've got your attention, let me explain.  The "puddle of snot," as I've heard it called *glares at Lilacs*, is really one of the greatest advancements in nanotech.  I'm talking, of course, about the Silver Demon.  About ninety-five percent of it is this silvery goop, for lack of a better term.  Floating in the sea of nanomachines and electrostatic gelatin are two primary control spheres.  Any chunk of the Demon that gets separated from the spheres liquifies instantly.

So now that you know how it works.  All good, I know.  But what does that have to do with me?  With all that mumbo-jumbo Revin spouted earlier?

Because the Silver Demon isn't just a blind, "stupid" machine.  It is a sentient weapon, almost to the point where I wonder if it's a true Scourge.  But then I remember why it's not; there is no human soul imprinted in its data.  It is a conscious machine programmed for only one purpose:  destruction.

Now, I'm sure you've noticed Kal and I have some sort of a connection, and you'd be almost right.  Without going into details, we both share the same mind, the same soul.  In general, all the right-brain functions went into Kal, and I got the left-brain.  The problem is that there's a third party, the Silver Demon.  Every second of every day, it vies for complete control over my body, another weapon.  Normally, I retain most control over it, say 90-10%, and I can allow the Demon to take over while still keeping a tight chain around its neck.  We call that a Possession; control's split almost evenly, and I can retake the wheel if I want to.  But all this time, whenever it's not in control, the Demon's suppressing, bottling up its power I don't use.  And...every once in a while, usually ever six months...I lose it.  We call it an Indwelling.  The power level skyrockets from 90-10 to almost 25-75, and I can only sit and watch while the weapon...does what it was programmed to do.  Destroy.  Kill without mercy and as brutally as possible for as long as it's in control of my body.

I've come to accept this as a fact of my life, my fate, as it were.  My whole point of existence is to keep a bottle on this monster inside of me.  Kal has, against his wishes and better judgement, helped me bear this over the past eight years, and I thank him for that.  And since we're bound by the soul link...well, we share certain strong emotions among other things, and the theory is that...if one dies, so does the other.  In other words, despite how much one half hates the other, he must protect him or share his demise.  It's a bad situation, and we've been searching for a long time for a cure with no success. 

But that's not the point; the point is what happens if either of us dies.  Suddenly there's no 90-10, no 50-50; hell I'd love for it to be 75-25.  No.  Suddenly there's nothing holding the Silver Demon back.  What happens then...

I've seen what the Demon is capable of doing.  I've watched in horror as it has literally torn apart enemies, allies, even close friends.  That...I wish that on no one.  That's the only reason why I keep myself alive; because what I've seen, even in the worst Indwellings, is only scratching the surface of what it's capable of.

Aw, c'mon, it can't be that bad-

The Master feared it; that's why it was placed on the Sahib to be destroyed with the rest of the Scourge.  The Sages fear it; the Demon was strong enough then to break through their seal on the most sacred of holy grounds.  Even Sarq, the greatest Xenth on the face of the planet, fears it; that's why I was banished instead of executed like they say I should have been.

This...*plays with the form of the Silver Demon*  This is my weapon.  This is my fate...this is my curse.

And that, my dear, is what Revin was talking about.  While I'm on the spotlight, any more questions?

*the grenade Jasho planted that created a black hole that I wrote a college essay on how it was impossible to survive it, remember?

Is there a way to stop it?

Ye-

Somthing about pullnig a ball thing out of it...

I wish we could help in some way but all of Era Resources are being used to stop the Clark empire from destroying us.

How was it that ever start?

When we refused to become part of the Clark Empire, Our threee former nations had just finished signing a deal that war was behind us, that no nation was to attack another. The the Clarks came asking for us to join there might, but thay also asked that any Era 12 or older was to be drafted into the multipe wars they were apart of, we didn't want to send any more Eras to war and to fight for some one we didn't trust, but Clark insisted greatly, but still we said no. This angered the entire Empire, so they made war with us, with the power of hundreds of planits, we had no chance, The anti-Space craft units were out whelmed, most of our weapons were not yet compatible with each other, knowing it was to late to reason the aggressors the Era packed everything onto one super carrier and left. But some some reason the Clark followed us, After years of sneaking around we desided that the only way to save out kind was to seed any planits we find that can support life with small colonies. There are about five or so of these planits, and not one has Clark found.

Jasho: Didn't you tell me once that there was a law against allying with aliens?

Yes

Why?

Because, if we find another race, we don't want them to become or fall from the Clarks.

Then why biuld our war machines with weaknesses?

Because its easyer for us to biuld three small tanks and two Anti-air units than one huge complicated mess of metal.

And its easyer to make strategies, say nine Enemy gunships were on there way and three heavy tanks also. Easy, have two anti-air units protect your anti-armor units and vise-versa.

• Owner/Technical Admin

As Naki walks up the stairs, he takes a look at his key and notes the number #5.He walks down the hallway  finds the room labeled #5. He inserts the key notices that it sticks, unlocks the door and tries to open the door. It doesn't budge an inch.

What the hell?

*Naki tries to open the door again, this time putting more force into it. As he does, he still gets nothing.*

Don't make me go crazy on you!

Naki's still trying to open the door and getting pissed off more and more. Finally, his anger gets the best of him and he kicks the door open.  He walks inside and sets down his shield. He takes off his sword holster and puts it next to his shield.

Roger: And that Felix, is how I defeated the GUILT virus. A bit of a pain in the ass if I do say so myself.

Felix: Yeah, ya don't say. I remember this one time I performed a triple bypass with a broken CD and a wrench.

Roger: Hmm you majored in Medicine too?

Felix: Yeah but the whole career never took off.

Roger: You may be just what St.Harman Hospital is lookin' for I'll have my friend Roy Case interview you.

Felix: Roy Case eh, the guy in our class from High School?

Roger: Yeah,  the fox doncha remember him?

Guest Whirlpool

*kind of small, tan and black female dog bursts through the door during the large and seemingly important conversation*

*ducks behind counter*

"Don letem see me!"

*person looks inside one of the windows for a minute, then leaves*

".....is he gone?"

" *whispers*  Kal, check the perimeter.  See if we have any unwelcome guests here."

Got it.  *disappears into a shadow*

...*reappears*  Nope, no one.  Some footprints, though.

"Mm, I see.  *out loud*  Let who see you, the scary-looking guy standing in front of me?"

"Haha!  Just kidding, he's gone."

"Here, lemme help ya up, um...what is your name, anyways?"

Guest Whirlpool

*is inching away from Lilacs*

"...Name? Oh, Holbrook. Around Old Boss's place, everyone called me Scruff, and now at Boss's place, they call me Runt, which I'm not all to happy with. That was him outside. I hope he doesn't wise up and come back, but Boss has never been one waste a lot of his time. He might look again in a few days if I'm not back, but don't tell him I was here."

Hello Scruff *Stickes out his hand, with all of his claws extended*

Holbrook: Uh....

Humm, oh excuse me *Retrackes his claws, and grins showing his sharp pointy teeth.*

• Owner/Technical Admin

*Naki runs down the stairs with out a shirt on*

What the heck was that?

*grabs Holbrook*

YOU ENTRANCE HAS DISTURBED OUR INPORTANT COVERSATION, THE THE DOOR DEVICE WITH YOU!

Katara: Let her go M-2

*The robot does so*

• Owner/Technical Admin

No, I didn't see whatever it was. God forbid I have to fight.

To late, all of my attetion is devoted to you and you flashy entrance, now.

What were you saying about your boss?...

• Owner/Technical Admin

Hmm, well nothing to see here. I'll be in my room.

*Naki returns to his room*

Guest Whirlpool

To late, all of my attetion is devoted to you and you flashy entrance, now.

What were you saying about your boss?...

"Boss? I don't know much about him, but he's not exactly the nicest guy. Old Boss wasn't bad, but we didn't see much of him. He owned this big ship thing, and I worked on it ever since I was little. I just remember that I had to help clean everything up all the time and we never had much time to ourselves. And he got really really mad when somebody did something wrong. Especially the mechanics. I didn't like it when he got mad because he always knocked things over and made a big mess and that meant more work for me, so I learned a few things from the mechanics and checked things I saw to make sure there wasn't something wrong with it since I was just about everywhere anyway...

We docked somewhere and he ran into Boss, and then Boss kinda saw me, and I don't know what he was thinking but he said something to Old Boss, and the only thing I really heard was "You might be a few hundred too generous" and then next thing I knew I was with Boss from then on out. And I don't really like him that much, and I don't think anyone else does either, but no one is dumb enough to say it out loud when he, or anyone that actually does like him is in the same building. I'm not entirely sure why he keeps me around. I'm not, like, insanely great at anything, but I'm pretty good at the stuff I do. I think that it's because of my size. When ever he needs me, it's either to do something fast, or anything that has to do with a really small space. That's really everything important."

(Does this place have a bar?)

*Flowsh*

Ranamon appears in one of the corners of the lodge...

Ranamon: Hmmmmmm......seems peaceful enough......

Rana' walks by everyone....no one notices him...and go to the bar..

Rana: *Gets on a stool and ruffles through his fur* Wallet check....Bartender.....eh....?

Bartender to Rana: What will it be?

Rana: Hot Chocolete shot Tea with a vanilla leaf in it...

Bartender:  :ok:...... :hehe: Ok......

Rana:  :oops:

(NEXT!)

• Owner/Technical Admin

I'm getting hungry again. It's time to get more food.

*Naki gets dressed and comes downstairs*

I'd like a Hamburger, if you don't mind.