What are you currently playing?

DoctorAllosaurus

I've taken an investment in Android games now. I'm currently playing Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Monument Valley, Ionage (Small but great RTS), Subway Surfers (I've got the World Tour season pass), Bit.Trip, Geometry Dash, Minecraft and...

Super Hexagon.

THE KING WILL RISE AGAIN

• 2 weeks later...

Bought Fast Racing Neo for the Wii U. The Future IS Fast, and it, is... well, the best way I can describe it is...

adventure time mind blown

Play it.

I did the one thing I never wanted to do during last weekend.

I did the Genocide Run on Undertale.

That's gonna haunt me for a long time...

Just started playing Undertale, and I gotta say I'm really liking it so far.

• Like 3

Completed the original Resident Evil 4 on the GCN. I don't mean to brag, but it feels so good that I beat my older brother at doing so! The game was an awesome experience in and of itself. The controls may feel a bit sluggish, these days, but the action is engaging, and quite often fun, the characters are likeable, and the story is at worst, serviceable. I like it.

14 hours ago, Dublinthefox said:

Just started playing Undertale, and I gotta say I'm really liking it so far.

Notice my previous post. If you ever plan on doing a Genocide Run, do the Pacifist Run first, then MAKE A BACKUP of the save data. You'll find out why you made the backup at the end of the Genocide Run.

In an effort to cheer me up, me and my brother played through Episodes 2 and 3 of Minecraft: Story Mode last weekend. I'm really liking it so far, why do so many people hate it?

On 12/17/2015 at 7:40 AM, Clearwater said:

Notice my previous post. If you ever plan on doing a Genocide Run, do the Pacifist Run first, then MAKE A BACKUP of the save data. You'll find out why you made the backup at the end of the Genocide Run.

In an effort to cheer me up, me and my brother played through Episodes 2 and 3 of Minecraft: Story Mode last weekend. I'm really liking it so far, why do so many people hate it?

I might just do the pacifist run and then the neutral run. I don't know if I have the guts to do a genocide run.

Same. Anyways, checking out various demos on WiiWare, and you know what, among my 3 favourites, 2 of them are from Shin'en! Art of Balance, and Jett Rocket are by far the best looking of all the demos I've played, and they play well, too! The third one is NyxQuest, with impressive visuals and an interestingly unique feature to use.

All three, I recommend to anyone interested in fun and unique gameplay, visuals and graphical quality! (And that's just for the demos alone! I've yet to get the full versions, but from what I've seen so far, these three are the best.)

• 2 weeks later...

Holy hell, why haven't I played Undertale until now?  I just left Snowdin, and I already love everything, with favor going toward Papyrus and especially Toriel.

• Like 1

Just recently completed Super Cyborg on the easy difficulty last night - great Contra clone. I love the unlockable character - really fills that terrible Contra-gap I've had for a while now...

On 19/12/2015 at 7:53 PM, amcintyr9998 said:

Same. Anyways, checking out various demos on WiiWare, and you know what, among my 3 favourites, 2 of them are from Shin'en! Art of Balance, and Jett Rocket are by far the best looking of all the demos I've played, and they play well, too! The third one is NyxQuest, with impressive visuals and an interestingly unique feature to use.

All three, I recommend to anyone interested in fun and unique gameplay, visuals and graphical quality! (And that's just for the demos alone! I've yet to get the full versions, but from what I've seen so far, these three are the best.)

Don't you dare forget about LostWinds and the Tales Of Monkey Island series. Oh, and Bit.Trip too, if you can handle the rage quits and the feels towards the end of Fate and Flux...

---

Okay, WTF is this. I was dralling about on the Dreemurr Reborn Tumblr site and someone made an Undertale fan game called Undertale: Red. Everyone's saying it's awesome; I'll have to check it out for myself:

http://taxiderby.tumblr.com/post/135354499621/hi-i-made-playable-undertale-tribute-game

EDIT:

Holy hell, why haven't I played Undertale until now?  I just left Snowdin, and I already love everything, with favor going toward Papyrus and especially Toriel.

Don't do a Genocide Run without first doing a Pacifist Run. If not, you're gonna have a bad time...

Spoiler

And Chara taints the save as well, and the only way to reverse it is to find the folder where the game saves its data.

Lost a bet and eventually had to find some way to try out the games that compose the Metal Gear Solid franchise, in timeline order. So far completed 3 (Snake Eater) and let me tell you this game was pretty good, makes me wonder why I didn't do it back in the day. Currently in the process of playing through Portable Ops (been discussed thats small bits of it are canon-relevant and I got a general "go for it if you want") and already got Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes (thank you Gestalt you're pretty good ;3; ), and The Twin Snakes ready to play once I get around to do so. Maybe I should try the originals and the rest as well. All the way until Rising. goodbye life, hello basics of CQC

Also been messing around with Source Filmmaker, and playing Heroes of The Storm and Robocraft on occasion.

• Like 3

I'm actually playing through MGS 3 right now whenever I'm home. I haven't died once yet on Normal difficulty, and I'm rather impressed with how well I'm doing, even if I do run around causing Alert phases half the time. Currently, I just beat The Fury and have emerged into Groznyj Grad.

I just built myself a new computer over New Years so I have been enjoying games like GTA V and Elder Scrolls Online on full. I also started replaying Majoras Mask.

Bam, just bought myself an Early Access pass for CrossCode. Looking forward to playing that.

I've also been getting back into Unreal Tournament 2004 with the Ballistic Weapons mod. The UT games are very good indeed, but I can't stand an FPS without a hint of realistic weapons.

World Of Goo's proving to be rather fun as well.

Me and my brother are also gonna sit down and experience Episode 4 of Minecraft: Story Mode tonight. Looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, RaverMonki said:

Last game I was playing was Splatoon with Hoobanana 

Nintendo Network: CR.ninfan

Play with me sometime! :)

I've also been tryin' out a ton of demos for 3DS. So far, by far, my absolute favourite is The Legend of Legacy. Something about it's three playable locales and each of their respective themes (the Forest Ruins theme in particular) justs puts a smile to my face every time I explore them. The round-based combat is also enjoyable; it's fast paced, uniquely varied, and the hit noises are just so satisfying to hear.

The one thing that's keeping me from getting the full version: it's eShop price is $50 here in Canada... :(

Now after quite the experience through Snake Eater, Portable Ops, Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes, since a few days ago I've gotten started at

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN

And oh boy is it good. I left some screencaps at the screenshot megathread of some favorite moments so far.

also, doggy

nYni9ES.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought Metal Gear Solid V - Ground Zeroes as a late birthday present for my older brother. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees I got him that.

I'm also getting back into the RIiiiiiiiii-iiiiiiidddddgggeeee Raccccceerrrrrr games. God, I love them.

I beat Bully: Scholarship Edition recently. While it hasn't aged well at all, the game is still fun. I like to describe it to people as Grand Theft Auto for kids.

This video summarizes the game well:

Blade & Soul,  Korean high skill-cap martial arts MMO with a good free-to-play model that came to America. Was already well established in Korea so a good deal right off the presses here.

Here's all the classes with accompanying videos to go with them:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/game/classes/

I mainly play Destroyer, which is way more fun than the video lets on. Grappling is hilarious as I grab enemies and if they're man-sized, I axe them in the face and/or spin them around hitting adjacent enemies for lots of damage, I can slam them on the ground, knocking enemies I hit with them down too and healing for a portion of the damage, I can Sparta kick them for a lot of damage, I can spin them on my axe and use the momentum to toss them at enemies, which also knocks them down, or I can toss them into the air, enabling combos from allied players or following up myself for an axe enhanced air suplex. 

Combat is fast-paced and most classes starting feel like mid-late level classes in other games as far as having things to do, so not just "Press 1 until level 10." The classes don't really start until level 17 though when you can start putting skill points in because they're basically talents and can completely change an ability, such as cast time, cooldown, area of effect, type of effects, opening up new abilities, for instance, on my Kung Fu Master, I changed the #2 ability to deal fire damage instead of (I believe) wind, it hits in an area, and after hitting with it I can use the devastating Hellfire Kick attack, and I changed another ability to go from a .7 second cast time with a 36 second cooldown to a 2 second cast time and no cooldown (also a massive damage increase).

The game is fast-paced, the combat is fun, there's a ton of customization in both class abilities and character creation (though be forewarned, female outfits are 99/100 times very skimpy and the jiggle physics are turned up to 11, if you have issue with that), the story, while interesting, doesn't seem to take itself too seriously, your "armor" is separate from your outfit so you don't end up in a clown suit for the majority of the game, your get to feel like you're actually doing stuff from the very beginning of the game and it kicks up once you finish a quest (you'll be 17 when you do, usually).

It's also not a time-sinker, you can make good progress with a casual play time.

If y'all want to play, give it a download (relatively small download for an MMO, and well optimized too). My characters are on the Old Man Cho server.

Also, this video shows a bit of combat but the guy is being bad, whether intentionally or not, but it's hilarious, and full of foul language.

Something I forgot to mention, there's no traditional "Tank/Heals/DPS" type of deal, combat is about avoidance and control, not soaking damage. You can build to generate more threat so your squishier allies don't have to be running and can lay into enemies, but still, no healbots, and also tougher enemies require comboing abilities to CC them, as in a knockdown has to be initiated and there's a small window where another knockdown, from anyone, will actually knock the enemy down. Doing so will enable you to grapple bosses and the like, which is beneficial for a number of reasons. My Destroyer has a thing where enemies I'm holding up that get attacked lose 10% of their defense for 6 seconds, stacking 5 times. Great for bosses, and the entire time they're grappled, they're not attacking.

Finally hopped on the Yokai Watch bandwagon and got myself a copy. I'm also trying to go through Metroid 2 and seeing if I can find every upgrade.

Nothing right now, since I have been focusing on other things, such as my edumacatiation.

American Truck Simulator was released recently, and it's pretty awesome.  I've been playing through it for a week or so now, when I can find the time, and I'd recommend it. 

• Like 2