If you could kill any starfox chararter who well it be?

Matt Macdowel

witch one.  

30 members have voted

1. 1. witch one.

• Fox
    • Falco
    • Slippy
    • Peppy
    • Krystal
    • Bill
    • Panther
    • Katt
    • Wolf
    • General pepper
    • Leon
    • Pigma
    • Andross

Opinion? Fact.

I take exception with you using the word "fact" in this case.  Is that interview REALLY as conclusive as you're making it out to be?  Do I see anything backing up your claim or any links that support what you're saying in an official capacity?  No...I don't.

Wrong. It's because the Japanese market hates her (they're smarter than us) and Nintendo is losing their interest in the series.

Nothing is more annoying to me then people throwing out assumptions that they can't back up....prove these two statements, personally I dislike subjective interpretive opinions that are open to debate.

Well hey, I'm sure you would want to prove your point if you could, too.

Only he hasn't really proven anything other than referring to an interview (which stated nothing official) and his own subjective opinion...which is evidently bias against Krystal

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott7

• Kursed

• Andrew McCloud

• Ris Grestar

I'm sure there are many factors involved in Nintendo not being eager to make another Star Fox game, those among them.

Personnly I think the biggest is  Yen  or  in our case money.

also Thank you Tsa.

The point i see is it was Adventures fault not Krystal's therefore  Nintendo messed up and thus screwed up the series forever not because of Krystal ,but because they changed DP into  a starfox title. or it could just be whiney fans.

Hit the nail on the head. I'm attacking what Nintendo did with DP, and in doing so I am in turn attacking the culmination of that change, namely the cult following of Krystal as a SF character. Don't get me wrong-- I think she'd be a great character elsewhere, just not in my Barrel Rollz Cereal.

Hit the nail on the head. I'm attacking what Nintendo did with DP, and in doing so I am in turn attacking the culmination of that change, namely the cult following of Krystal as a SF character. Don't get me wrong-- I think she'd be a great character elsewhere, just not in my Barrel Rollz Cereal.

Do name a  Anthro sci-fi  Game  On nintendo consoles she'd fit into then?

Personnly I think the biggest is  Yen  or  in our case money.

also Thank you Tsa.

k_e_rolleyes.gif

I think you got it right on that one.

All japan wants is mario these days

Only he hasn't really proven anything other than referring to an interview (which stated nothing official) and his own subjective opinion...which is evidently bias against Krystal

I hardly ever use links to prove my points.  If I have to, it's usually not worth proving it to whoever doesn't believe me.  Just sayin'.

And about his bias against Krystal...I'm also just gonna say that nearly everyone else here has bias -for- Krystal.

I take exception with you using the word "fact" in this case.  Is that interview REALLY as conclusive as you're making it out to be?  Do I see anything backing up your claim or any links that support what you're saying in an official capacity?  No...I don't.

Nothing is more annoying to me then people throwing out assumptions that they can't back up....prove these two statements, personally I dislike subjective interpretive opinions that are open to debate.

I had figured most people had already seen this text before, but you are right to challenge its existence. Here you go- http://www.destructoid.com/miyamoto-wishes-you-d-like-star-fox-as-much-as-he-does-153350.phtml Yes, logistically, fans in -Japan- have declined significantly since Adventures. Call that what you will.

@ Kursed: Well she would have fit fine into DP had they not changed it >.>

@ Ris: Huh. I like you more by the second. :P

I had figured most people had already seen this text before, but you are right to challenge its existence. Here you go- http://www.destructoid.com/miyamoto-wishes-you-d-like-star-fox-as-much-as-he-does-153350.phtml Yes, logistically, fans in -Japan- have declined significantly since Adventures. Call that what you will.

@ Kursed: Well she would have fit fine into DP had they not changed it >.>

@ Ris: Huh. I like you more by the second. :P

"Shigeru Miyamoto isn't going to stop trying. He loves Star Fox, he told MTV Multiplayer. "

"So there you have it -- even if you don't like Star Fox, Nintendo is going to keep making them until you do. Got that, Japan? There simply will be no end to Fox McCloud and his adventures, no many how many times you decide to spend your yen on dating and cat simulators instead."

Ok, kursed lets just leave this where it is.

Efective now: i'm no longer involved with this fight, last post on this thread, bye k_e_tongue.gif

I hardly ever use links to prove my points.  If I have to, it's usually not worth proving it to whoever doesn't believe me.  Just sayin'.

Well I guess that's just you then.  In this case I'd prefer to especially if.....

And about his bias against Krystal...I'm also just gonna say that nearly everyone else here has bias -for- Krystal.

....he's part of a website where the majority of fans are loyal to the blue vixen.  Since he's in the perceived minority it would make more sense to post some more relevant facts than subjective discernment.  Besides that, inherent bias really doesn't have all that much to do with this discussion as what really matters is facts. 

Take the opposite for example. If I, being bias FOR Krystal, went online to a more traditional Star Fox forum with members like Robert Monroe (sorry Rob lol) who were mostly against Krystal being in the series and stated perceived facts as to why a new game would be coming out that featured Krystal in a prominent role I'd be peppered with posts saying thing like "Unless it's official" or "That's your intuitive stance" or "Prove it with links", which of course if I didn't have backup for my arguments I'd look silly.

Yes, logistically, fans in -Japan- have declined significantly since Adventures. Call that what you will.

Point taken and I'll agree with that, since it's coming from the big wig himself.  However as was already pointed out there are other fanbases outside Japan.  Furthermore in same article Miyamoto said he would keep trying.  Just because a series or character may not be as popular in Japan doesn't does not mean the entire series is dead.

Ok, kursed lets just leave this where it is.

Efective now: i'm no longer involved with this fight, last post on this thread, bye k_e_tongue.gif

"Fine spoil sport I was just pointing out  some things (LIKE NEW STARFOX WOOT!)

Well I guess that's just you then.  In this case I'd prefer to especially if.....

....he's part of a website where the majority of fans are loyal to the blue vixen.  Since he's in the perceived minority it would make more sense to post some more relevant facts than subjective discernment.  Besides that, inherent bias really doesn't have all that much to do with this discussion as what really matters is facts. 

Take the opposite for example. If I, being bias FOR Krystal, went online to a more traditional Star Fox forum with members like Robert Monroe (sorry Rob lol) who were mostly against Krystal being in the series and stated perceived facts as to why a new game would be coming out that featured Krystal in a prominent role I'd be peppered with posts saying thing like "Unless it's official" or "That's your intuitive stance" or "Prove it with links", which of course if I didn't have backup for my arguments I'd look silly.

Point taken and I'll agree with that, since it's coming from the big wig himself.  However as was already pointed out there are other fanbases outside Japan.  Furthermore in same article Miyamoto said he would keep trying.  Just because a series or character may not be as popular in Japan doesn't does not mean the entire series is dead.

Agreed. Sorry for the misunderstanding, that's all I was trying to say :P o7

@ Kursed: E3 2010 is in less than a month. Here's to crossing my fingers for a Starfox reveal! ^.^

Just because a series or character may not be as popular in Japan doesn't does not mean the entire series is dead.

Quoted for TRUUUUUUUUTH!

Seriously, I hate it when some people here in America believe whatever goes down in Japan for a video game will be the undisputed truth for everywhere else and not play and/or see the game for themselves. If Shiggy says he'll keep trying for SF, we'll just have to wait and see.

Besides that, inherent bias really doesn't have all that much to do with this discussion as what really matters is facts.

So tell me then...Why did you include that in your argument?

Yes, this is true.  Whenever you're the only one in a situation to think a certain way, you always look silly (dang, haven't used that word in a long while =P)

Still, though, this was simply about opinions as to why they haven't released a new Star Fox game.  He, like the rest of us, gave his reasons.  I just don't see why he had to be the one to try to prove himself.

But all that aside, this topic isn't at all about the downfall of Star Fox in Nintendo's eyes, whether true or not.  I say we return to the original topic lol

PS.  When I said, "So tell me then..." I meant it.  Now I don't mean it.  Back on topic XD

@ Kursed: E3 2010 is in less than a month. Here's to crossing my fingers for a Starfox reveal! ^.^

well I was alsogoign to ask you that "Weren't you trying to prov there isn't  a new starfox coming or something like that ,but whatever.

Nonono, on the contrary, I hope for a new release. Something that will go back to roots would be nice.

No need to apologize, I understand what you're trying to say. :)

Seriously, I hate it when some people here in America believe whatever goes down in Japan for a video game will be the undisputed truth for everywhere else and not play and/or see the game for themselves.

The problem with this viewpoint is that the primary reason companies are in business is to make money, not to give priority to fans in regional locations.  Nintendo will look at popularity and business surrounding purchases of game titles as a whole.  If a new Star Fox game won't sell well in Japan but it's a boom everywhere else than they will make it.

So tell me then...Why did you include that in your argument?

I included it in my argument because it does have a little influence....as I already pointed out, even though it's not the priority.

Yes, this is true.  Whenever you're the only one in a situation to think a certain way, you always look silly (dang, haven't used that word in a long while =P)

Still, though, this was simply about opinions as to why they haven't released a new Star Fox game.  He, like the rest of us, gave his reasons.  I just don't see why he had to be the one to try to prove himself.

But all that aside, this topic isn't at all about the downfall of Star Fox in Nintendo's eyes, whether true or not.  I say we return to the original topic lol

PS.  When I said, "So tell me then..." I meant it.  Now I don't mean it.  Back on topic XD

I've said it before on this forum how everyone has an opinion, and so everyone should but from my PERSONAL perspective at least (and I'm sure Kursed as well) and the subsequent arguments it looked more on the borderline of "declaring something as truth" through a link. If it was simply an a pure basic "opinion", nothing more, then there would have been no need for any of this bickering between Kursed and Andrew.  Also, it's just a pet peeve of mine so I may have reacted strongly than I should have.  No hard feelings towards anyone :)

Also, he didn't have to prove anything absolute per se but my initial argument was for him to add some credibility to his opinion if he is going to go and throw out absolute sounding assumptions.  If a Krystal fanboy were to do the same thing on this site I'd be asking him the same things

Where is James McCloud???

I would choose him and Panther.

Wow. Gonna try not to jump through my screen and hit you in the face.  :trollface:

Guest Mr. Mario

James is already dead....

He COULD be alive...you'll just have to wait for the next Star Fox title.

It may reveal if James is really dead or not.

James is already dead....

well actually there's two sides to this.

in the games I belive he is dead

however

in the comics he is simply in another dimension (Which would explain why Fox sees him.

,but

JUlius quasar has come up with a very brillaint Idea he's really alive ,but he's like a ghost he only appears when  part of the Mccloud Family needs him.

well actually there's two sides to this.

in the games I belive he is dead

however

in the comics he is simply in another dimension (Which would explain why Fox sees him.

,but

JUlius quasar has come up with a very brillaint Idea he's really alive ,but he's like a ghost he only appears when  part of the Mccloud Family needs him.

That would explain why he was able to talk to fox through the cheat well in adventures....

Guest Mr. Mario

That would explain why he was able to talk to fox through the cheat well in adventures....

How about explaining James in Assault and the twinkling dot in one of the good endings in Star Fox 64?

How about explaining James in Assault and the twinkling dot in one of the good endings in Star Fox 64?

That wasn't james in assault, that was the queen simulating his voice... which she copied from peppy's mind.