Jets or helicopters?

Geo Stelar

Honestly, which would you prefer to use in a war?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Honestly, which would you prefer to use in a war?

• Jet
    • Helicopter

I mean, jets have these super-cool missiles and everything, but the helicopters can hover, so if an enemy zooms past them, they take less time to turn around.

Well, whichever you prefer, and RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S CHOICES!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kursed

• Geo Stelar

• Sabre

• Mr. Foxer

Blackbird. 'Nuff said.

Favorite helicopter: AH-64D Apache Longbow and Mil Mi-24 Hind.

Favorite jets: F-14D Super Tomcat, F-22 Raptor, SR-71 Blackbird(Not a fighter, but a jet/ramjet scoutplane), and partially the F-35 Lightning II.

As you all can see, there is only two of the many helicopters which have grazed the skies which I actually fanzy, and several jets. Each and every one of them, I also like more than the Apache and the Hind.

So I'll go for jets.

boht their both good in their own fields  helecopters are better for air support of allied troops as they can hit closer targets and transport infantry  Ex: Huey Blackbird.

jets even the Vtol kind Ex:Harrier and F35 Jsf.  Are  more of a quick support I know their getting more accurate but their also not safe to use very close to allied infantry however they are still invaluble wwII was the beging age of air dominace adn they are still a key  part of any army. My favorites of these two classes are  The f-117 B-2 Apache longbow, F-22 f-15 F-14 f-18 F-16 P-28 lightning (old I know but it was a great two engine prop fighter.)

If I ever were to fly anything, it'd be a chopper.  They are just incredible, and since they can enter certain areas and provide incredible amounts of support to infantry, they are AWESOME! :D

My favorite is the Bell UH-1 Iroquois, or the "Huey", they were used EXTENSIVELY throughout the Vietnam war.

huey_and_tr3.jpg

Guest Julius Quasar

It depends on what kind of war and/or battle you're fighting.

Some wars and/or battles, it's better to use a jet.  Other wars and/or battles, it's better to use a helicopter.

It depends on what kind of war and/or battle you're fighting.

Some wars and/or battles, it's better to use a jet.  Other wars and/or battles, it's better to use a helicopter.

i totally agree with this.

If I ever were to fly anything, it'd be a chopper.  They are just incredible, and since they can enter certain areas and provide incredible amounts of support to infantry, they are AWESOME! :D

My favorite is the Bell UH-1 Iroquois, or the "Huey", they were used EXTENSIVELY throughout the Vietnam war.

huey_and_tr3.jpg

Altyhgouth the huey is a sturdy airframe the armor for the occupants is quiet literally paper thin.

Altyhgouth the huey is a sturdy airframe the armor for the occupants is quiet literally paper thin.

Hehe, not one of their brightest ideas, was it :D

Hehe, not one of their brightest ideas, was it :D

no but the pilots usally wore armor anyway.

Guest Scorpion03

ivwe flown an f14 tomcat, so im kinda partial to those cos it was the most fun ive had in ages, and it was only for a couple of hours, brilliant

Hi,

helicopters can't fly - they're just so ugly, that the earth pushes them away  :lol:

I prefer jets and as you can see in my signature I love big airliner jets. My favs:

Boeing 747-400 http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufthansa/Boeing-747-430M/1713292/L/

Boeing 757-200 http://www.airliners.net/photo/US-Airways/Boeing-757-2B7/1658227/L/

Airbus A321 http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufthansa/Airbus-A321-131/1681704/L/

ATR72-500 (well, this is a turboprop^^) http://www.airliners.net/photo/Bangkok-Airways/ATR-ATR-72-500-(ATR-72-212A)/1024443/L/

huey_and_tr3.jpg

War Awards

"Vietnam: Best Soundtrack."

Guest Scorpion03

I prefer jets and as you can see in my signature I love big airliner jets.

hehe, i quite like larger jetliners too, but they dont come with missiles unfortunately... im surprised u didnt include the 777 in there, its faster than the others so i think i kinda like that.

hehe, i quite like larger jetliners too, but they dont come with missiles unfortunately... im surprised u didnt include the 777 in there, its faster than the others so i think i kinda like that.

I like the spooky myself they need to make a jet liner gunship like that.

Guest Scorpion03

youd be able to carry a serious payload with a jetliner, ud have enough missiles to fire at things all day so long as they didnt shoot back, i dont think manouverability is one of their strong suits

Well they do say sometimes the best defence is a good Offense and I belive that I've played halo and when you have a good offense going usally the other side eithr can't muster a responce because your so fast or they all get killed trying to defend.

I've been stuck to both of these two, primarily because I like the apache more than any helicopter I've known, yet the Tomcat is my favorite jet of ALL time.

But hey, at least the Tomcat can do hit-and-run by turning to supersonic

But wait a minute, Apache is more stable than the jet in some situations...

Oh well.....

Seeing that I'm more used to a jet's controls (have played a LOT of real-life simulators before)

I think I'll go for the jet.

Hi,

im surprised u didnt include the 777 in there, its faster than the others so i think i kinda like that.

The T7 is as fast, as some other planes of the same size (MD-11, B744, A346). Their cruise speed is about mach 0.85. There are even a few airliners, which are even faster, like the B747SP or Tu-154M which have a cruise speed of mach 0.90.

Guest Scorpion03

u definately do know ure jetliners. i think ill just stick to the tomcat, that was the best thing ive ever flown, and i have flown a lot of things, including helicopters. Though never a jetliner, maybe i should see about trying to fly one of those, i bet if i throw enough money at someone theyd let me have a go...

Are we saying which we like better or which is better?

which you like better

you can compare them if you like

it's your opinions after all