Starfox 64 3DS!

Asper Sarnoff

A pretty cool looking commercial

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-arwing-star-fox-64/717085

Thanks for that R3d, makes me wish Nintendo UKs commercials were

EDIT - please delete this, finger slipped on my iPhone and I ended up submitting the post too early. Sorry :(

Thanks for that R3d, makes me wish Nintendo UKs commercials were more like this and less focused on endorsements from flavour of the month "celebrities".

I'm off to a London Comic Con tomorrow where it is confirmed that there are playable demos of SF64 3D as well as other unreleased 3DS/Wii stuff as part of the "Nintendo Unleashed" tour. I'll try and get some gameplay footage and obviously be able to give an opinion on how the game, multiplayer and tilt controls measure :D

I still can't believe that I only have 2 wait 2 more months for it to come out in Canada. :D :D :D :D :D

Do you think it'll have a concept art gallery built into the game?

I doubt it, but there was that extra art in the original game if you beat Expert Mode :)

Strangely, on the demo version I played one of the Menu screens had yet another redesign on the image from the original Super famicom box, it was also reworked as command artwork too.

I'll give a full rundown of the game tomorrow as I'm tired as hell and in my phone, but I must say the graphics look awesome and whilst familiar, it felt different at the same time.

It is about ~5:30 AM in Japan as I write this.

That means that today, the game goes public in Japan. All secrets should be revealed in the next few days.

Remember to use spoiler tags, ESPECIALLY if it is something significantly different from the N64 version.

Ah... September will be bringing Star Fox 64 3D and Solatorobo: Red the Hunter...

I'll be playing my 3DS a lot! XD

It looks so awesome, if only they just remade it for the Wii, come on Nintendo, move it. But i do wonder, will it have a remixed or updated soundtrack, or will it have the exact same one as before

The Soundtrack is remixed and sounds awesome :D its not properly orchestrated, a feat Nintendo seem adamant not to bother persuing, but I prefer the sound of electronic synth samples anyway so I guess its a case of personal preference.

Meh, as much as I love starfox 64, I dont think tis a system seller for me :/ I dont like hand held systems. If im going to travel, and i need entertainment I'll read a book.

They changed the title screen. ಠ_ಠ

It's just an Arwing now. You can move around it with the gyro sensor, but I don't think it is as cool as the original.

I especially liked how you could move the "64" around and all the team would watch it move. That appears to be gone. I am disappoint.

I wish I could import it like I did with SFC, but I don't have an extra $400 laying around to import both the game an a JPN 3DS. Stupid region lock.

Some Screencaps I've taken, for those who are interested....

I don't know seems kinda obsolete since there are videos but in case you need them as pictures there you go:

t3dkernq.png

A very cool looking Bill! I love it!

Katt looks good, as well. It's just that I don't like the shape of her head and her tiny ears...also her "hair" looks too simple and not fluffy enough or something. It's kinda like the typical command-style (not talking about the actual command-KATT tho!)

jos4nvg2.png

Falco looks fucking funny! I love his expression!

3xb6ifd2.png

The training stage looks like its set in the world of Tron...which is very amazing-looking!

In case you guys have not heard, apparently Star Fox 64 3D will be released by Nintendo Australia on September 15, 2011, four days after Americans get the game. Also, the Aussies' official website is up too.

Isn't it amazing how Nintendo of America just wants its own people to cry by not releasing their own website yet? Oddly enough yet, there is no real mention of Star Fox 64 3D on their main website either, unless you browse the E3 page. Seriously, check out their games list, and then browse Nintendo's other regional websites. What's with Nintendo of America lately? They've been displaying quite a string of "fails" a lot, albeit we always believed them to be the best regional Nintendo. I don't like to rant all about it and go way off-topic, but this pattern is becoming quite a huge deal.

I tried it out the other day (I live in Tokyo). The Demo offers the first mission and Fortuna. It DOES in fact look very good. I was really surprised.

The motion controls are spot-on. However, it would be a real challenge to master the game using nothing but the motion controls so I didn't really use them.

Another cool thing I noticed was that after the title screen there was a similar set-up as the original Starfox where the arwing is flying in front of you and as it is flying you can test the controls. Speaking of which, the controls were fine.

I can't really say much since it was only a demo but I was blown away by the updated graphics and the 3D effect was wonderful.

I have no complaints and I would buy it if I had a 3DS.

If you have any other questions let me know. I'm gonna go try it out again soon when I have more time.

I tried it out the other day (I live in Tokyo). The Demo offers the first mission and Fortuna. It DOES in fact look very good. I was really surprised.

The motion controls are spot-on. However, it would be a real challenge to master the game using nothing but the motion controls so I didn't really use them.

Another cool thing I noticed was that after the title screen there was a similar set-up as the original Starfox where the arwing is flying in front of you and as it is flying you can test the controls. Speaking of which, the controls were fine.

I can't really say much since it was only a demo but I was blown away by the updated graphics and the 3D effect was wonderful.

I have no complaints and I would buy it if I had a 3DS.

If you have any other questions let me know. I'm gonna go try it out again soon when I have more time.

awesome

Interestingly with the motion controls, I can see them adding a fun challenge to the existing gameplay, but from what I played in the Demo the controls are quite sensetive and I'm unsure if they will work well in all game modes and levels. For example I played on Solar and found that pitching downwards I wouldfinf myself plowing into the lava below, and no matter how lightly I tilted itthe controls were still a bit hard to get used to.

I'll put it down to incorrect calibration as I Didn't go through the whole process of putting it on a flat surface before playing because of the design of the demo stand I was playing on. I can see it being fun, but from what I experienced it lacks the precision of a control stick and would probably work better on all range levels than levels like Sector X and Venom 1 where you have to dodge through tight spaces and pillars etc.

When I get the game I'll certainly give it a try, but I'm still not sold in it. I think it's either a case of getting used to it, or having at least a decent amount of time using it before I can fully write it off.

Interestingly with the motion controls, I can see them adding a fun challenge to the existing gameplay, but from what I played in the Demo the controls are quite sensetive and I'm unsure if they will work well in all game modes and levels. For example I played on Solar and found that pitching downwards I wouldfinf myself plowing into the lava below, and no matter how lightly I tilted itthe controls were still a bit hard to get used to.

I'll put it down to incorrect calibration as I Didn't go through the whole process of putting it on a flat surface before playing because of the design of the demo stand I was playing on. I can see it being fun, but from what I experienced it lacks the precision of a control stick and would probably work better on all range levels than levels like Sector X and Venom 1 where you have to dodge through tight spaces and pillars etc.

When I get the game I'll certainly give it a try, but I'm still not sold in it. I think it's either a case of getting used to it, or having at least a decent amount of time using it before I can fully write it off.

Yeah, I totally agree with the first part. I kind of thought of it as more of an extra challenge. It reminds me of Mario Kart Wii--you can use the steering wheel and it can be fun to try to get good at it but you generally will not be as effective if you play the other way.

Also, it seems to be sort of a chore and a lot of extra effort to move the device when you want to move. The sensitivity is spot-on from my experience, though. But didn't do too well with it. I guess it would be kind of cool to say you've gotten a gold metal in every stage only using the motion controls.

Star Fox 64 3D Playthrough (Japanese)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

It looks awesome!!!!!!

This is the best playthrough so far, you can see all the menus and most parts of the game (including the training levels and the ending), it has great quality and you can see what happens on both screens. It doesn't show every level, but if you've seen all the trailers, you should know by now how every level looks like.

Anyway, I would love to get this remake when it's released in my region, but I'm not sure I want to spend all that money on a Nintendo 3DS just for one game.... :?