Starfox 64 3DS!

Asper Sarnoff

Hi,

well - better than nothing, so I'm happy :) But I hope they will add a few new levels and missions like they did with Super Mario 64 DS.

Wowowowowowow.

I have yet to see a reliable source though, one site is in a different language and the nintendo link just directs to their homepage.

I'm still not buying a 3DS.

Along with the Mario reference' date=' one is made to Star Fox, with a Star Fox-style Star Wing flying out of the 3DS. This would hint at a sequel to Star Fox Command for the DS[/quote']

:facepalm:

Not sure if there's already a thread for this (didn't find one), but here it is:

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-star-fox-64-getting-remade-for-3ds-176558.phtml

After looking at the screenshots a bit longer, it definitely looks pretty, but I'm not sure about the controls. We'll just have to see, huh?

EDIT: I forgot the 3DS has an analog-type nub, so this could be really cool to play in the palms of our hands. :D

Not sure if there's already a thread for this (didn't find one), but here it is:

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-star-fox-64-getting-remade-for-3ds-176558.phtml

After looking at the screenshots a bit longer, it definitely looks pretty, but I'm not sure about the controls. We'll just have to see, huh?

EDIT: I forgot the 3DS has an analog-type nub, so this could be really cool to play in the palms of our hands. :D

Merged them for you.

Guest Scorpion03

Unfortunately one more copy of Starfox 64 just isnt enough to make me want to buy the 3ds, ive only just bought the dsi xl so i ahd a larger screen for starfox command, plus ive already got sf64 on the Wii thanks to the vc, so im in no rush to own a 3rd copy of it, i think two is more than enough.

Star Fox 64, Animal Crossing, and that new Paper Mario are all looking pretty sweet, so far. The 3DS is peaking my interest more and more. :)

Still have love for my DSi, however (still psyched for Dragon Quest IX).

I might get a 3DS just for this, it looks very beautiful.

And while might not be a new game it will keep us busy if a new one does get made, maybe it will even have some extra content.

The only think that people might not like is that Krystal is not in it :roll:.

Depending on how much they cost, I may get a 3DS for this, depending on what features are in the game, too. If it has multiplayer, most likely, and I hope they go the way of MGS: Subsistence, and let you swap out characters *cough*Krystal*cough* after you beat it, since that adds to replayability.

Man so many surprises for me this week.

A favorite wrestler of mine gets fired for not being kid-friendly(:evil:)

To a another favorite wrestler returning

Now this

The only think that people might not like is that Krystal is not in it :roll:.

Well, that for sure is one reason. Krystal is the be all and end all of Star Fox after all. :P

But another would be that I, at least personally, am not too keen on remakes of original games that were popular back in the day.  I think there are too many games out there like that already and would prefer to see a more original Star Fox game (even if it ends up not being that good) and not some game that I originally fell in love with when I was 14 :/

Well, that for sure is one reason. Krystal is the be all and end all of Star Fox after all. :P

But another would be that I, at least personally, am not too keen on remakes of original games that were popular back in the day.  I think there are too many games out there like that already and would prefer to see a more original Star Fox game (even if it ends up not being that good) and not some game that I originally fell in love with when I was 14 :/

Well one, SF64 was itself a remake, and this is just a handheld game (Granted an epic looking one), and we don't know if anything more will come for SF soon.

Also, if nothing else, this shows that Nintendo at least acknowledges that the series is there, and that people want it.

Well one, SF64 was itself a remake, and this is just a handheld game (Granted an epic looking one), and we don't know if anything more will come for SF soon.

Also, if nothing else, this shows that Nintendo at least acknowledges that the series is there, and that people want it.

Yeah it was a remake, however it was a heck of a lot more original then this new game that seems to mimic Star Fox 64 to a tee.  And I'll agree with your statement about Nintendo.  However this is just something to tide us over until the next Star Fox console game :P

I've got to say I'm a bit dissapointed by this. Not just because it's a remake, when I had really hoped for a brand, spanking new one on Wii, but because they had to put it on a handheld system of everything, which is something that doesn't really work for me.

I've got to say I'm a bit dissapointed by this. Not just because it's a remake, when I had really hoped for a brand, spanking new one on Wii, but because they had to put it on a handheld system of everything, which is something that doesn't really work for me.

Yeah, handheld ones just do not manage to capture

the 'feel of epicness'.

However, I suppose something is better

than nothing. Maybe if this game succeds

they will release another later?  :|

I disagree, Starfox would work well in 3D I think, and we have a proper anolog stick now. System doesn't really matter to me either. As long as the gameplay is good. No new story though, and I already have the N64 version. Ill be getting a 3DS for that new resi most likely, so I might get it then, not a game to make me buy the machine.

However, I suppose something is better

than nothing. Maybe if this game succeds

they will release another later?  :|

Okay, I hope all the members of this site now knows their duty. Each of us have to go out and buy a dozen copies of this game, hopefully contributing to making it such a success that Nintendo will make another SF game.

I disagree, Starfox would work well in 3D I think, and we have a proper anolog stick now. System doesn't really matter to me either. As long as the gameplay is good. No new story though, and I already have the N64 version. Ill be getting a 3DS for that new resi most likely, so I might get it then, not a game to make me buy the machine.

For someone who only buys a new gaming system every five years, and have to plan gaming sessions a couple of hours in advance just to fit them into the schedual, a portable gaming system doesn't have the same appeal.

I think this is a great idea, especially since I haven't even played SF64. Now I have a reason to buy the 3DS, too. And from the screenshots we've seen so far (and the graphic quality in the Kid Icarus trailer), it looks like it will run very smoothly. It's impressive and it's a huge step graphically from the regular DS models.

And on a side note, can you imagine what other opportunities this opens up? Imagine other N64 remakes on the 3DS, maybe some will even support online play or DLC. We can only wait and see but I'm definitely liking this idea already.

"The only reason anyone would buy a video game system is to play a Star Fox video game and no others."

"All remakes and anything that remotely resembles previous gameplay is Nintendo being lazy."

Disgruntled Star Fox Fans

Complaining since 1996

Okay, I hope all the members of this site now knows their duty. Each of us have to go out and buy a dozen copies of this game, hopefully contributing to making it such a success that Nintendo will make another SF game.

:mrgreen:

And on a side note, can you imagine what other opportunities this opens up?

The trouble I allways had with remakes is how/if they affect

the canon. For example, let's say they release this new game

and screw up everything behaind? :| O-kay, I am just eXagerating3.

Maybe Krystal will make an appearance?

Maybe this singnals that Star Fox will 'return to it's root's?

While on one side I am simply happy for the

fact that there is NEW STAR FOX on the works,

I am not sure how this will affect the future of the

series.

Oh well, I should better just forget all of that

and think about the fact that a new SF game

WILL be there when the system is released. :)