Which Star Fox has the BEST Arwing?

Sapphire

Which Star Fox has the BEST Arwing?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Fox has the BEST Arwing?

• Star Fox
    • Star Fox 64
    • Star Fox Adventures
    • Star Fox Assault
    • Star Fox Command

Nah, I'm good.

Your statements have contradicted each other. First you say "all the more reason to love it" to my comments about it being poorly designed artistically, which implies you LIKE it BECAUSE it is ugly. Then when I ask if this is true, you say it isn't. And now I ask you to clarify, and you do not.

I mean, hell, you don't -have- to explain anything, but your previous statements are still contradictory.

You know Robert, not everyone wants to have their opinions challenged and possibly ripped to pieces.Razz-2.gif

As for me, I think the Assault one's bad. Style over function, with overly sharp edges, charicatured proportions and the like. It's neither a pretty craft, or a menacing one.

The one from Adventures was if I remember correctly, elongated and stripped of most of its systems related to combat. Reduced to basically a rusty space-van of a SF team in dire need for cash. Still, proportinally I really like it. Sort of reminds me of Star Wars X-Wings and Z-95's.

The one from Command isn't bad. Haven't played the game, and I'll refrain from judging it by the few pictures I've seen it in.

Overall, there's a tie for me between the SNES and the SF64. Think I'll go for the SF64 one, just because the in-game portrayal of the SNES version doesn't really give me the goosebumps nowadays.

By the way, considering the Command Arwing is "Mark II", what the heck are the designations for all the previous versions? The SNES and SF64 is the same ship basically, only redesigned, since SF64 was a remake. The Adventures one was heavily customised. But what about the Assault one?

You know Robert, not everyone wants to have their opinions challenged and possibly ripped to pieces.Razz-2.gif

As for me, I think the Assault one's bad. Style over function, with overly sharp edges, charicatured proportions and the like. It's neither a pretty craft, or a menacing one.

The one from Adventures was if I remember correctly, elongated and stripped of most of its systems related to combat. Reduced to basically a rusty space-van of a SF team in dire need for cash. Still, proportinally I really like it. Sort of reminds me of Star Wars X-Wings and Z-95's.

The one from Command isn't bad. Haven't played the game, and I'll refrain from judging it by the few pictures I've seen it in.

Overall, there's a tie for me between the SNES and the SF64. Think I'll go for the SF64 one, just because the in-game portrayal of the SNES version doesn't really give me the goosebumps nowadays.

By the way, considering the Command Arwing is "Mark II", what the heck are the designations for all the previous versions? The SNES and SF64 is the same ship basically, only redesigned, since SF64 was a remake. The Adventures one was heavily customised. But what about the Assault one?

The SNES Arwing was a prototype, as confirmed in the comics. The N64 models are the mass-produced versions. The SFA model is the N64 model, only broken down and junky. The Assault model was a straight upgrade from the N64. And the Command "Mark II" was an all new Arwing.

Basically AR-X, AR-1, AR-1 v2, and AR-2.

I mean, hell, you don't -have- to explain anything, but your previous statements are still contradictory.

They're only contradictory in the context you're taking them.

They're only contradictory in the context you're taking them.

They're contradictory in every context. You said one thing, and then said something that contradicts that. Simple.

First, Robert, I want to say that you can like something without having to give an explanation.  And then...

They're contradictory in every context. You said one thing, and then said something that contradicts that. Simple.

Wrong.

I said that all the reasons you gave were more reasons to like the Assault-style Arwing.  Have you ever thought that for how poorly proportionate they may be they fly exceptionally well?  If they're as poorly constructed as you say, they do a fantastic job in comparison to what they should be able to do.

The assault Arwing is bretty awesome :)

First, Robert, I want to say that you can like something without having to give an explanation.  And then...

Wrong.

I said that all the reasons you gave were more reasons to like the Assault-style Arwing.  Have you ever thought that for how poorly proportionate they may be they fly exceptionally well?  If they're as poorly constructed as you say, they do a fantastic job in comparison to what they should be able to do.

Ahem. I did say that you DIDN'T have to give an explanation. In fact, I said so right here...

Your statements have contradicted each other. First you say "all the more reason to love it" to my comments about it being poorly designed artistically, which implies you LIKE it BECAUSE it is ugly. Then when I ask if this is true, you say it isn't. And now I ask you to clarify, and you do not.

And actually, gameplay wise, the Assault Arwing handles the worst of the franchise. It was slow and chunky, and didn't have any weight or feeling of speed. It just loftfully floated from point A to point B, and lacked any real "umf". Even when you collided with something head on, you rarely felt jarred, in fact the Arwing would just back up and recollide with the obstacle in midair, barely even noticable except for the sliver of health you lose each time it bumps. Thats what it is, a flying bumpercar with guns.

THAT ALL ASIDE THOUGH.... this topic isn't about functionality. It's about looks. Aesthetics. And aesthetically speaking, the Assault Arwing is horrendusly designed, from an artistic standpoint, for reasons I already gave. This brings us back to my original arguement with you, the contradiction. You said the aesthetic faults of the Assault Arwing are "all the more reason to like it". This is an implication that you like aesthetically jarring designs (a notion in and of itself is not a bad thing). However, when I asked you if this was in fact true, you said it wasn't citing you would be "crawling all over Command" if it was true. Ergo, you have contradicted yourself. You have claimed one thing, and then claimed the opposite. I asked for the real reason why you like the Assault Arwing after citing your contradiction, to which you said you didn't have to give me one, which really, is fine with me, but the contradiction that you are so desperate to justify is still there and is in fact, a contradiction.

And that's that.

Ahem. I did say that you DIDN'T have to give an explanation. In fact, I said so right here...

If I didn't need an explanation why'd you ask in the first place?  I mean, there's really only one reason to ask something in this case...

And actually, gameplay wise, the Assault Arwing handles the worst of the franchise. It was slow and chunky, and didn't have any weight or feeling of speed. It just loftfully floated from point A to point B, and lacked any real "umf". Even when you collided with something head on, you rarely felt jarred, in fact the Arwing would just back up and recollide with the obstacle in midair, barely even noticable except for the sliver of health you lose each time it bumps. Thats what it is, a flying bumpercar with guns.

...That part of the Arwing is downright annoying...

THAT ALL ASIDE THOUGH.... this topic isn't about functionality. It's about looks. Aesthetics.

No, this topic is simply on what Arwing we thought was the best.  This was based on individual response and preference.  He said nothing specifically regarding looks.

I asked for the real reason why you like the Assault Arwing after citing your contradiction, to which you said you didn't have to give me one, which really, is fine with me, but the contradiction that you are so desperate to justify is still there and is in fact, a contradiction.

There is contradiction in my statement, yes, but only from the view in which you insist on staying.

If I didn't need an explanation why'd you ask in the first place?  I mean, there's really only one reason to ask something in this case...

Because I like to know why people stand where they stand, but don't want them to feel grilled for it.

No, this topic is simply on what Arwing we thought was the best.  This was based on individual response and preference.  He said nothing specifically regarding looks.

Touche.

There is contradiction in my statement, yes, but only from the view in which you insist on staying.

My view is the objective view, the neutral one, the factual one. Fact 1: You made a statement. Fact 2: You made a statement thatgoes against your first statement. Fact 3: This is a contradiction.

There is no other view. If there is, feel free to enlighten me.

Guys chill lol you don't have to give an explanation if you don't want to jeez laweeze lol. :)

Guys chill lol you don't have to give an explanation if you don't want to jeez laweeze lol. :)

...For your sake.

The Command's Arwing is quite good, only problem is you can only see it's back.

Assault's is the best of them all

The SNES Arwing was a prototype, as confirmed in the comics. The N64 models are the mass-produced versions. The SFA model is the N64 model, only broken down and junky. The Assault model was a straight upgrade from the N64. And the Command "Mark II" was an all new Arwing.

Basically AR-X, AR-1, AR-1 v2, and AR-2.

Thanks.

Awfull lot of changes between them if they have the same designation though... Bah, I really want to analyze SF from a realistic perspective. Shame that's as hard as squeezing water out of a rock.

Shame that's as hard as squeezing water out of a rock.

:lolhyst: True that! :D

Thanks.

Awfull lot of changes between them if they have the same designation though... Bah, I really want to analyze SF from a realistic perspective. Shame that's as hard as squeezing water out of a rock.

I'm sure if they were real jet fighters they would have more developed designations.... but this is all we can get sadly :P

It gets the point across anyway. Prototype, standard model, upgraded model, new model.

Yes. In actuality, I like the Assault one best. Adventures was a little too... big.

Adventures to me looked like a hot dog with wings... Assault has my vote. I prefer Wolfen's though.

Guest Scorpion03

I prefer the arwings over the wolfens for reasons i stated elsewhere, as for the adventures arwing i agree it does just look odd