Furry Scale

EazyIN

On a scale how do you rate yourself as a Furry?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale how do you rate yourself as a Furry?

• 0 (I'm just here for teh lulz)
    • 1 (I'm new to this)
    • 2 (It's alright, not addicted)
    • 3 (Liking it a bit)
    • 4 (I like it)
    • 5 (I'm a small time fur)
    • 6 (ENJOYMENT)
    • 7 (Really cool)
    • 8 (I LOVE IT)
    • 9 (I REALLY LOVE IT)
    • 10 (100% Furry)

Then why can't you stand the KLA? Lol

Implied bad rep?  Most of the negativity surrounding the KLA that I've seen in the last year or so has come from people who just hear bad things about the site without actually having an account there and actually being a member for an extended period of time.  It's heresy in a way if you don't have first hand experience.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Milkyway64

• Thu'um

• Sabre

• "User"

O_o i guess that is a very good point.  :yes: but unfortantly alot are perves. thats why i can't stand the KLA

5 days ago i saw a good portion of the sight. but i am not claming most of the members there to be pervs :|

These two are in direct contradiction of each other.

I dont get this whole "If you like Krystal your a massive perv" argument. You could make the same case with any SF character.

Because Krystal is pretty much cardboard with the word "sex" written all over it. Looking at Falco, Fox, and General Pepper, we see anthropomorphic animals in a spacey-flight setting. Then you look at Krystal and she's either in next to nothing or skin tight suits, which is beating out even Samus who was the "official" sexy character, and that was only if you speed through the game.

Krystal IS likable otherwise but let's not fool ourselves about what people like about her most.

Implied bad rep?  Most of the negativity surrounding the KLA that I've seen in the last year or so has come from people who just hear bad things about the site without actually having an account there and actually being a member for an extended period of time.  It's heresy in a way if you don't have first hand experience.

No, I know that, it's just that he said five days ago, rather than a longer period.

I'll admit I have been lurking around the KLA for quite some time. It really has changed a lot. The most mature comment I have seen on it so far was "Krystal is hot", which is really just a regular joke on this site. (Though I still don't understand why the old KLA was hated on to such an extent. Who's to say that one fanbase is more perverted than another?)

Then again....I'm just lurking randomly. Either way, no matter where you were on the old KLA, well, I guess someone should "SAVE THE CHILDREN!!" lol

These two are in direct contradiction of each other.

Because Krystal is pretty much cardboard with the word "sex" written all over it. Looking at Falco, Fox, and General Pepper, we see anthropomorphic animals in a spacey-flight setting. Then you look at Krystal and she's either in next to nothing or skin tight suits, which is beating out even Samus who was the "official" sexy character, and that was only if you speed through the game.

Krystal IS likable otherwise but let's not fool ourselves about what people like about her most.

You could make that argument with any character.

Slippy - He's just a nerd that says nerdy things.

Pepper - A contrived 'character' who tells you who you should kill at the start of the games then disappears

ect ect ect.

Pepper - A contrived 'character' who tells you who you should kill at the start of the games then disappears

ect ect ect.

And these are true in the same way the bit about Krystal is. Their roles outside of those are as small as any other role Krystal has.

And these are true in the same way the bit about Krystal is. Their roles outside of those are as small as any other role Krystal has.

Right, but at least Krystal and Fox have development despite the others who have been in for a long time. To brand her as 'cardboard cutout sex object' is a bit disingenuous.

I think people tend to forget that a large portion of the Krystal fanbase consists of people who were very young when they first played SF Adventures, meaning...well, you know. When these individuals got older...say for example, 2-4 years older (just throwing out numbers), they then came to eh, I guess "notice" more things about Krystal. Then we fast forward another 3-4 years, and we see that either this individual is latched to Krystal, or has become slightly more open-minded and includes other furries that they are interested in.

That was not as clear as I was hoping it would sound. Might want to read it a couple times.

Right, but at least Krystal and Fox have development despite the others who have been in for a long time. To brand her as 'cardboard cutout sex object' is a bit disingenuous.

"Developement" being very loose. We first had them crushing (even lusting in Fox's case) on eachother on first sight, then we have Krystal be rude (GIMME THAT) and then come back to apologise, where the most notable thing that happens is Fox gets an erection. Fast forward to assualt where she is now suddenly on the team (Tribal, huh?) and in clothes just a step above what she had in decency, but only because of the setting. From here they say each other's names a few times (putting them at the same level as Fox and Falco minus the awkward honeymoon scene) and finally in Command they break up and start a big revenge plot from Krystal.

My two cats that fight over who eats out of the food bowl first has more developement than this.

"Developement" being very loose. We first had them crushing (even lusting in Fox's case) on eachother on first sight, then we have Krystal be rude (GIMME THAT) and then come back to apologise, where the most notable thing that happens is Fox gets an erection. Fast forward to assualt where she is now suddenly on the team (Tribal, huh?) and in clothes just a step above what she had in decency, but only because of the setting. From here they say each other's names a few times (putting them at the same level as Fox and Falco minus the awkward honeymoon scene) and finally in Command they break up and start a big revenge plot from Krystal.

My two cats that fight over who eats out of the food bowl first has more developement than this.

By contrast peppy got older ...that's it. Falco is more developed in the comics then the games themselves. In Krystals case, at least stuff happened and the characters changed.

Your cats have nothing to do with it. We are compairing characters to each other. By that messure, Krystal is more developed and to label her with the way you did would mean doing the same to all the characters in the series.

By contrast peppy got older ...that's it. Falco is more developed in the comics then the games themselves. In Krystals case, at least stuff happened and the characters changed.

Your cats have nothing to do with it. We are compairing characters to each other. By that messure, Krystal is more developed and to label her with the way you did would mean doing the same to all the characters in the series.

And since was this about who's more developed than who? I already said the other characters aren't exactly deep, just that they do their job as characters in a lighthearted universe. Krystal may try and fail, but the original statement is how she's blatantly fanservice with next to nothing to back it up.

ect ect ect.

Sex and fan service (Krystal) "sells" a heck of a lot more then being nerdy (Slippy) or Peppy and is thus far more publicly pronounced than something more "boring" like being nerdy. :P

well also notice that if krystal was ulgly she and fox probly wouldn't be in a realation ship

Which would give more credit to the theory that Fox really doesn't LOVE Krystal. :P

I see it like this. Krystal's first impression beauty was astounding, causing Fox to have an immediate attraction to her. Strangely, most relationships and life long loves are founded on this. Looks are important. If Krystal looked like crap, Fox might have been turned off. But, once knowing more about her, he finds what he truly loves about her which causes the strong bond. So at that point, it wouldn't matter if Krystal looked hot, or just normal, Fox would still love her. I think either way he would have liked her at one point, or gotten to a relationship, just the fact that Fox was so into her due to looks at the time really hastened the process up.

:)

I see it like this. Krystal's first impression beauty was astounding, causing Fox to have an immediate attraction to her.

Agreed

Strangely, most relationships and life long loves are founded on this. Looks are important.

While looks are important, a great majority of all infatuations/attractions end up failing over the life of the two individuals unless there is a LOT more to it then "Oh man, that vixen's hot!"

If Krystal looked like crap, Fox might have been turned off. But, once knowing more about her, he finds what he truly loves about her which causes the strong bond.

Keyword is "truly" here.  The sustaining qualities of love over an entire lifespan have VERY little to do with looks and MUCH more about compatible personalities, interests, communication, etc.

So at that point, it wouldn't matter if Krystal looked hot, or just normal, Fox would still love her.

And his love would end up being a lot more "pure" and a lot less "lustful" :)

I think either way he would have liked her at one point, or gotten to a relationship, just the fact that Fox was so into her due to looks at the time really hastened the process up.

:)

Nintendo really does need an in-depth story concerning their relationship.  I mean...it would do a lot of positive to Fox's character if, for example, Krystal's life took a tune for the worse, she ends up looking hideous and deformed and yet, despite her appearance Fox still loves her to the very end. 

Nintendo really does need an in-depth story concerning their relationship.  I mean...it would do a lot of positive to Fox's character if, for example, Krystal's life took a tune for the worse, she ends up looking hideous and deformed and yet, despite her appearance Fox still loves her to the very end. 

Very. I really do want to see that happen. Maybe not the first thing they explain to make the characters be thicker than paper, but I believe if they took some small steps to giving back story on each character, and saw that people really liked it (Cause that is what almost all Starfox fans want) they would easily turn their faces in that direction. We just need hope Nintendo will take a step in that direction for now.

well we could easily finish up Krystal back story with this stating. basically you are Krystal and you have to battle your way (with the staff) to a ship threw a plant that has just been sacked. (like Cornelia when apriodes attack). then when you get to the ship Krystal wakes up from her dream and the real game begins  i got it from this game