Falling asleep in class

Guest Julius Quasar

Did you or do you ever fall asleep in class?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Did you or do you ever fall asleep in class?

• Yes
    • No
    • Just resting my eyes...

Oh wow I hate it when rooms get too cold. I freaking hibernate :X

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Shaper

• Dublinthefox

• Thu'um

• TheRedFox8

Oh wow I hate it when rooms get too cold. I freaking hibernate :x

I hear ya. All through high school I wore a jacket just for that reason.

Guest Julius Quasar

Oh no I'm actually from Green Bay - it's Milwaukee the one who is terrible because of the crazy high poverty rates there, over population, and white flight. So if you live in actual Milwaukee chances are your education isn't going to be very impressive. But if you live in one of the richer suburbs, you're better off. (That is, until another suburb grows next to you and takes that suburb's place and your education starts to falter too.)

It's pretty much a case of most of Wisconsin's education is pretty stellar except the southeastern portion of the state, which refuses to accept help.... In part of the richer suburbs who don't want to pay for the city they grew around in the first place. Plus there's the whole mentality that the state doesn't give enough to Milwaukee and the mentality of the rest of Wisconsin believing that Milwaukee doesn't give anything to the state, it's a cluster-F-Bomb- of the whole BIG CITY vs. everything else.

I remember having a friend from LA and she had to explain that her school when she went to college actually was closed and she couldn't send her transcript immediately. It was really messed up.

I can't help but sleep too in warm weather, cold weather I'm wide awake unless I wear something heavy but sometimes I just can't help but take a nap if I'm next to a heater or if the sun is shining right on me.  :)

Ah, I see.  Sorry, I misunderstood.  But yeah, those are same reasons LAUSD and PUSD stink so much.

Green Bay is very nice.  Sorry to hear about your friend in LA who's school closed.  Mayor Brown of Oakland, CA. screwed up the school systems so badly the state had to take it over (I have a friend of Oakland who attended school there when that happened).

A major recurrence of falling asleep in school is in that notorious stretch of the school calendar, between President's day and Easter...no holidays, no vacations

Yep, there have been plenty of times I've fallen asleep in class, from 3rd grade all the way up to Senior year of high school, I'll be perfectly alert then all of a sudden, *PLOP* I'd go down and start snoozing.

Now I have classes that go untill 9:20 PM. I can't wait to see what happens there.......  :oops:

I once fell asleep and left a big-assed puddle of drool on the desk. xP

Hahaha! Gross. :lol:

Yep, there have been plenty of times I've fallen asleep in class, from 3rd grade all the way up to Senior year of high school, I'll be perfectly alert then all of a sudden, *PLOP* I'd go down and start snoozing.

Well at least you didn't do it all through high school like I did.

how does homeschooling (*Cough* World of Warcraft) fit into this.... LOL

Ive fallen asleep mid raid (very bad!) in wow... So... o.O *throws watermellon n runs away*

how does homeschooling (*Cough* World of Warcraft) fit into this.... LOL

Ive fallen asleep mid raid (very bad!) in wow... So... o.O *throws watermellon n runs away*

How do you fall asleep during a RAID?

Well, you see. The body needs sleep, and *Blabs on about the whole physiological reason for it*

That is how. =P

You see... when you play a arcane mage and your job is to press Arcane Blast over and over until the ability pops up then you do arcane misiles. Now you do this for 3 hours straight. And btw youve been up for 28 hours.

Thats how! :D

a few times in high school i did....mainly when i was feeling ill though

A friend of mine fell asleep in class, then he slept through the next class that came into the room. xD

AW SHIT. My asshole teacher one time did that to my friend, it was kind of amazing and I felt bad because he didn't actually learn anything but genuinely fell asleep. And he apparently woke up like... after school. He was so confused.

Psh. High School. I could do that stuff in my sleep.

...Oh wait. I already did.

Needless to say, I never got any Student of the Month awards. I was a complete slacker with a hint of a rebellious streak.

Guest Julius Quasar

It's one thing for a teacher to get pissed for you falling asleep in class, but it's worse when these asshole college professors and lower level teachers get all mean and pissy with you when you say "I don't know." when you ask them a question.  This is partly why the high school and college dropout rate is climbing.

School doesn't have to be entertaining, but boredom is not why kids fall asleep in class.  If schools started later in the day, kids would be better rested and not fall asleep in class.

It's one thing for a teacher to get pissed for you falling asleep in class, but it's worse when these asshole college professors and lower level teachers get all mean and pissy with you when you say "I don't know." when you ask them a question.  This is partly why the high school and college dropout rate is climbing.

School doesn't have to be entertaining, but boredom is not why kids fall asleep in class.  If schools started later in the day, kids would be better rested and not fall asleep in class.

I'll give that the thought  is true, and that I agree with you. But that also leads to the chance thy would stay up a bit later, and counter the starting later school time purposes.

I am not saying it is a bad thought though. =]

no if they just didn't make it to where collage kids had to do 50 thesis papers on their first day....and have to constantly pull all nighters...

Guest Julius Quasar

no if they just didn't make it to where collage kids had to do 50 thesis papers on their first day....and have to constantly pull all nighters...

That too....assigning too much homework doesn't make a better student.  Good call dude! :yes:

That too....assigning too much homework doesn't make a better student.  Good call dude! :yes:

there is also the fact of a student needing to work sometimes to get things like books and food o-o;;

so there is less sleep....plus every collage kid needs some social interaction......so a lot of teachers do not place this into account i feel....but then again...a student with no job and no friends....get by just fine lol

I have never pulled an all nighter. :P Not yet. I'm still never well rested. I don't sleep well, for some reason.

On the topic note, we were watching a movie in my history class and I just went to sleep instead of watching it. >_> I was having a really hard time staying awake, so I just said eff it and went to sleep during the video.

On the topic note, we were watching a movie in my history class and I just went to sleep instead of watching it. >_> I was having a really hard time staying awake, so I just said eff it and went to sleep during the video.

I have done that before, teacher puts on a movie to a book we read or something and it is like.....-snooze-....worst part is I usually sat in the front of the class >.>;;;

Ever since college I have pulled maybe 1 all-nighter for classes. Now for the Zombie Apocalypse, lets just say I have not slept since Tuesday, or Monday. little naps here and there, but never a nice full nights rest......

Oh how I wish i could sleep, but extraction is tonight so ^-^