Falling asleep in class

Guest Julius Quasar

Did you or do you ever fall asleep in class?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Did you or do you ever fall asleep in class?

• Yes
    • No
    • Just resting my eyes...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Shaper

• Dublinthefox

• Thu'um

• TheRedFox8

I've come close but I've never actually fallen asleep. Whenever we have to watch a movie and the lights go off, my eyelids just seem to gain 50 or so pounds O.o.

Sometimes, mostly if im tired, or if its too cold i actually will on occasion get drows and might sleep. Some days i fel more reptilian than a mammal  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the back of the class, and I leaned my chair against the wall and fell asleep like that, with my head back, and I started snoring. My teacher turned around and noticed i fell asleep, and he started to get pissed. However, instead of doing the normal thing and shake me awake, though, he took a piece of chalk and chucked it at me. It hit me right in the throat, and I immediately woke up coughing. It was still pretty cool, seeing how he made a tough shot from 50 feet away.

Guest Julius Quasar

School sucks it.

I heard in parts of the midwest they're starting school later in the day, and the kids are doing better, they sure as hell ain't falling asleep in class. :P

Almost constant, there isn't a school day that goes by without me dazing out or falling asleep completely. Its a miracle My grades are good, how I got a 97.7 on my Cisco Network Fundamentals Chapter 3 Exam Is a mystery I'll probably never figure out...  :facepalm:

Almost constant, there isn't a school day that goes by without me dazing out or falling asleep completely. Its a miracle My grades are good, how I got a 97.7 on my Cisco Network Fundamentals Chapter 3 Exam Is a mystery I'll probably never figure out...  :facepalm:

Congrats dude!!! on the test part :D

It was the same for me, but then my teacherrs started to put me in the front of the class, so they can keep an eye on me  :(

I DARE you to fall asleep during a class in boot camp. It does not end well.

I DARE you to fall asleep during a class in boot camp. It does not end well.

Ahhh, no way! What happened? Nothing permanent i hope?

It depends, really. I haven't done it myself, but I have seen others, though.

Most of the time, your fellow shipmates shove you awake if they see you asleep because the instructor usually punishes the sleeper and those around him. Most of the time, though, the punishment is that they have to stand up for a while and maybe a report to that person's RDC (Drill Sergeant basically). People getting sleepy are always invited to stand up at the back of the classroom.

Sometimes, the instructer will kick you out of class for your RDC to handle, or if you fall asleep during Battlestations (an all-nighter "final exam" operation), you get kicked out AND get set back in training which means you lose the division you have been with for the past two months and stay at boot camp longer when your graduation day would have been the next day! Think about that before you decide to fall asleep during class ;)

It depends, really. I haven't done it myself, but I have seen others, though.

Most of the time, your fellow shipmates shove you awake if they see you asleep because the instructor usually punishes the sleeper and those around him. Most of the time, though, the punishment is that they have to stand up for a while and maybe a report to that person's RDC (Drill Sergeant basically). People getting sleepy are always invited to stand up at the back of the classroom.

Sometimes, the instructer will kick you out of class for your RDC to handle, or if you fall asleep during Battlestations (an all-nighter "final exam" operation), you get kicked out AND get set back in training which means you lose the division you have been with for the past two months and stay at boot camp longer when your graduation day would have been the next day! Think about that before you decide to fall asleep during class ;)

I'll  keep this in mind next time I'm in the military.

Heh, I see the "sarcasm" in that. You probably aren't even in the military and aren't going to be any time soon, aren't you? :P

Heh, I see the "sarcasm" in that. You probably aren't even in the military and aren't going to be any time soon, aren't you? :P

I'll join the military when I think I'm ready to die for someone, so far I don't have any interest in dying for anyone.

Dude, just because you join the military doesn't necessarily mean you'll die, silly. I'm not too worried about it. I'll be under the sea some 10,000 fathoms :P

Dude, just because you join the military doesn't necessarily mean you'll die, silly. I'm not too worried about it. I'll be under the sea some 10,000 fathoms :P

True, true, but I know people who joined the military to die, strange I know but I don't think I'll be joining it anytime soon.

Meh,your choice. I feel this topic is getting off topic. Allow me to get it back on track.

Two of the worst days here at boot camp are the first two days and the day during Battlestations. Both require you to stay up all night.

I guess it's just a coincidence, but I tend to get tired when I wear my "I'm not sleeping, i'm thinking really hard" t shirt.

Ah, you joined, ya bum

No I didn't, I'm just taking a few courses so I can get out of the house a little more often.

I REPEAT, Ah, you joined you bum

Well yes but not entirely, I'm not going into combat anytime soon nor do I expect to.