The Life of an Electrical Contractor

"User"

Well, I'm finally home.  I missed three days of work in the process and I have a car bill that will end up being $1,000.  Merry *bleeping* Christmas.    :?

Ya, sorry for you. But i'm glad your not dead or dying in a hosptial

Ya, sorry for you. But i'm glad your not dead or dying in a hosptial

Awwww thanks!  :friends:

In other news, I tried for the first time playing a game of LQ while completely plastered Friday night. (and no I didn't drive since I have no car until Monday)  All I can say is it's completely overrated.

This weekend has been a real pain in the ass for me mainly because I've had no car and thus can't exercise the social life that I have.  It sucks when your closer friends go to a UFC fight at a high end sports bar and LQ practice the next evening and you can't go because you live further away from most of them and they can't feasibility pick you up.  ;(

Other then that I've had a falling out with some friends, both RL and online over the last couple of weeks - this certainly doesn't help matters any.  Sometimes though I feel like I can be a bit sensitive/emotional and probably should just get used to such occurrences if/when they do happen.

This is the first Christmas that I can remember when I've been depressed throughout December so far. Usually I'm full of good cheer but due to, as previously mentioned, certain circumstances beyond my control, sometimes I feel that I'm looking in the wrong direction for happiness. :/

On a more upbeat note, I'm looking forward to a "weekend" date with my girlfriend.  Friday night at one of the biggest arcades in the GTA, Saturday for more shopping, and Sunday just chilling at her place. :P 

Other then that I've had a falling out with some friends, both RL and online over the last couple of weeks - this certainly doesn't help matters any.  Sometimes though I feel like I can be a bit sensitive/emotional and probably should just get used to such occurrences if/when they do happen.

I get like that too, we are just Fem,men  :lol:

The first LQ practice for the defending North America Challenge champs is tonight at 5 pm.  They say defending a title can be harder then getting it but now we have a target on our heads from every competitive Laser Quest NAC team in North America.  The next several months up until Las Vegas in July will be full of hard work, dedication, getting in shape, and team work. :o

In other words, laser tag season has begun!  :D

The first LQ practice for the defending North America Challenge champs is tonight at 5 pm.  They say defending a title can be harder then getting it but now we have a target on our heads from every competitive Laser Quest NAC team in North America.  The next several months up until Las Vegas in July will be full of hard work, dedication, getting in shape, and team work. :o

In other words, laser tag season has begun!  :D

It ain't a sport, its war...

Well, another Christmas come and gone.  I've had a fabulous last few days but I'm glad it's all over and I can get on with my life... until next year that is!

Wait...I still have one Christmas party next Tuesday up in Starthroy, in the same house I was stranded at for three days during that ice storm.  :shock:

On a more personal note, I find I'm spending more and more time with Nataliya recently as opposed with Laser tag and my other friends.  I know that's pretty normal when you're in love with someone else, but I'll try and find time to spend with my friends as well.  I don't want to make the same mistake I did last time with one of my ex's and neglect all my friends.  :/

She is coming over tomorrow at 2 pm after work, so I'm sure it will be quite a romantic time. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a major headache for the past few days, it's been quite annoying as that, coupled with being extremely tired at times, forced me to cancel some time with my GF meeting her friends last Sunday.  It has also caused me to wake up in the middle of the night frequently (which is why I'm online typing this)

My weekly dentist appointments are containing. I will be so glad when the final surgery is completed. 

In other more furry related news, I'm planning a trip to see Milkyway64 and Xort again, the tentative date of departure is April 8-9th and I'll be there for at least a week and a half.

• 2 weeks later...

So, after two weeks of not attending practice due to drama and then breaking up with my girlfriend Sunday is the night to get it all started for me again.  I have gained some unneeded weight (although I'm sure many of you would consider me still a stick) and I need to work it off.  I'm also thinking about a gym membership at a new community center nearby - it's huge and one of the nicest I've ever seen.

I'm contemplating attending 3 LQ tournaments over the first 7 months of this year, located in Chicago, Michigan, and Las Vegas in July (NAC) which is far less than the number I usually attend year after year, part of that has to do with my refocusing on assets on other more important priorities - like eventually getting married, I hope *insert furries get married wha--?! line here*

I've been dumbfounded at how some individuals can take online drama to such a level that is stresses them out beyond belief.  This is something I have never been able to fully understand, as there is much more to a social life than just sitting on your computer all day.  Going out with friends/mates, traveling, sports, doing stuff that doesn't involve being at home....it makes me remember how when I young, before the advent of the Internet how we all actually HAD LIVES. XD

So, after two weeks of not attending practice due to drama and then breaking up with my girlfriend Sunday is the night to get it all started for me again.  I have gained some unneeded weight (although I'm sure many of you would consider me still a stick) and I need to work it off.  I'm also thinking about a gym membership at a new community center nearby - it's huge and one of the nicest I've ever seen.

I'm contemplating attending 3 LQ tournaments over the first 7 months of this year, located in Chicago, Michigan, and Las Vegas in July (NAC) which is far less than the number I usually attend year after year, part of that has to do with my refocusing on assets on other more important priorities - like eventually getting married, I hope *insert furries get married wha--?! line here*

I've been dumbfounded at how some individuals can take online drama to such a level that is stresses them out beyond belief.  This is something I have never been able to fully understand, as there is much more to a social life than just sitting on your computer all day.  Going out with friends/mates, traveling, sports, doing stuff that doesn't involve being at home....it makes me remember how when I young, before the advent of the Internet how we all actually HAD LIVES. XD

When you don't have much really to do, as well as no car, and no friends willing to hang out, there is not much to do either. Not all are as lucky to have what you and some others have as well, and you know exactly this. =P

When you don't have much really to do, as well as no car, and no friends willing to hang out, there is not much to do either. Not all are as lucky to have what you and some others have as well, and you know exactly this. =P

Truth be told, User hasn't got a car anymore either. Ain't that right User? :trollface:

Truth be told, User hasn't got a car anymore either. Ain't that right User? :trollface:

Oh gawd, I feel a hilariously silly and interesting story coming along. XD

See, this is where you make a determined effort to go out there and make something out of it.  :P

I've had a car for the last month since it had to have some repairs down due to a wipeout into a highway ditch (I was trying to do a barrel roll but failed miserably :/)

I've had a car for the last month since it had to have some repairs down due to a wipeout into a highway ditch (I was trying to do a barrel roll but failed miserably :/)

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8776.0;a

• 2 weeks later...

Today I got a gym membership at this newer high end facility. It's on a monthly basis for the time being, but I'm hoping it will give me more motivation to get into shape.

• 1 month later...

(Haven't posted here in a month it seems)

After having not traveled to the U.S. since December I am very much looking forward to two trips I have coming up. One of them involves seeing a friend of mine and a former friend of Milkyway's in Wisconsin at the end of March which I've made coincide with an LQ tournament that same weekend. It seems pretty silly to go down (8 hour drive) and chill with a furry lifestyler for just a weekend, so I am probably going to take a day off work or so and go stay for a couple of days longer.

Also, I'll be doing my "annual" trip to Kentucky which involves being a complete furry nerd and hanging out with Milkyway and Xort for two weeks in the middle of nowhere. I may or may not be going with my best friend (who isn't a furry) but that depends on his finances. The trip to south western Kentucky will take a couple of days because I'm meeting up with some LQ friends the Friday night in Detroit and spending the entire Saturday in Dayton Ohio hanging out with another furry who was originally a member of the KLA (Tgearfur) and his friends. I won't arrive in Kentucky until Sunday as a result.

After that should be another trip to Michigan in May and then a trip to Vegas for (hopefully) a week in July.

• 2 weeks later...

So I had an impulse this afternoon to go to Buffalo for whatever reason, mainly just to chill because I had nothing better to do and was bored like crazy. After withdrawing a wad of U.S. money I started to drive down but then I realized it was 3 pm and I'd be stuck in rush hour traffic. Also, I couldn't just tell the customs officer I wanted to enter the country to "chill" as that clearly wouldn't fly. I ended up not going anywhere and headed back home where I'm back at square one. :/

In other news I leave for Wisconsin this Friday to stage counter protests in Madison to see a friend of mine who I originally met online. He invited me down for a few days and I very much look forward to meeting with this furry again. I will meeting him on Saturday because I am spending the Friday night in Detroit at this competitive female LQ player's house. She seems to have the hots for me (considering what happened last time I was there for a weekend). Hopefully nothing will "go wrong".

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah, I'm drunk right now and only posting because Nova suggested I did. It's been a fun night so far and I'm probably going to pass out soon. Good times. :)

I wish Milky was online atm though because I <3 him.

• 3 weeks later...

Well you are in the same house as him now. Hooray!

True, no drinking for me though. Wouldn't be a good idea :)

• 1 month later...

Not much has changed since my last entry here other than I found out I'll be moving in less than three months, the new house is still being built.

I'll be leaving for the bankrupt state that is Michigan Friday night for a tournament and I should be back late Sunday. We'll be staying a Hilton Embassy Suites location and it should be a kick ass time of partying, drinking and just having fun in general before the tournament Saturday night. I might get some extra shopping in on Saturday news.

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/DTTTRES-Embassy-Suites-Detroit-Troy-Auburn-Hills-Michigan/index.do

Cramming a furry and 4 non-furries into a two room suite will be lots of fun I'm sure, they didn't have a third bed so someone will have to sleep on the floor.

It's also much more fun driving with friends who actually have a good disposable income so you don't have to end up covering them.

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah, that past Michigan trip I would prefer to be a forgotten page in history. >_<

Moving forward I have secured my airfare for Las Vegas for the 17th annual North America Challenge. All the best Laser Quest players representing centers from across North America will be there and hopefully, in the future, the brass will allow European teams to compete as well.

The tournament is July 21-24th and I'll be away from SF-O during this time obviously. I'm lucky to be even able to go considering every year at that time my job is extremely busy because of the end of Q3 so HP needs to make their numbers. I look forward to a fun time but unlike past trips I'm not going to be doing anything I would later regret.

July 1st long weekend I'll be heading up to Ottawa to see my best friend and take in the Canada Day celebrations.

After Las Vegas I'll be very busy preparing for my move, as well as a couple of weddings to attend.

• 1 month later...

I leave for NAC in Vegas in two weeks, therefore I've been busy recently making the appropriate preparations. The team wants me to rent a Dodge Charger like I have in the past, this is unexpected because I was hoping to do more drinking and the like and didn't really want to me a DD.

Practice is tonight, so hopefully I will get some of this straightened out.