Forum Feature Requests

DZComposer

Smaller font size. Maybe a 4-5 pt. I've noticed some people tend to make 'Just Kidding' posts sometimes and it looks like they aren't 'just kidding' with 8pt. (Please tell me if that is kind of jumbled)

Smaller font size. Maybe a 4-5 pt. I've noticed some people tend to make 'Just Kidding' posts sometimes and it looks like they aren't 'just kidding' with 8pt. (Please tell me if that is kind of jumbled)

That's something which you have no problem doing yourself in fact.

Let me show you.

First you select a font size. (I'm adding spaces as to make them visible to you now.) Something like this comes up: [ size=8pt ][ /size ].

What you then do, is simply replace the number with the number of the font size you would like to use.

• 1 month later...

Can we possibly have the 'OLIVE' color option back in the color selection? I've found a way to use the color but it's a slower way.

• 4 months later...

The idea behind this is quite simple.

When an inbox is full, rather than not sending the message and telling the sender that they failed, you do this.

The oldest unarchived PM is deleted and replaced with the new mail.

If all PMs have been archived then the current action is taken and the receiver receives a pop up box warning them that their inbox is full. Deleting the first archived PM is a very bad idea because there is normally a reason PMs would be archived, the user would have to choose which Archived PMs are no longer needed (If they're simply a hoarder that's their problem not yours)

Alternative:

Unread and Unarchived PMs are deleted within a considerable time frame, (A month or so would suffice) this would greatly reduce the chances of a full inbox and helps with space which I notice is a problem for you at present but MAY cause inconvenience for users who want to refer to an older PM.

PS: Hey what ever happened to my spoiler tag idea?

The inbox idea requires a mod. It also creates another can of worms when it auto-deletes a PM that someone wants to keep for some reason.

I set the limit to 200 a while back. Clean out your damn inboxes. I don't see why anyone needs to hold into 200 PMs.

The Spoiler tag was apparently broken in an update. It is now fixed:

As you can see

The inbox idea requires a mod. It also creates another can of worms when it auto-deletes a PM that someone wants to keep for some reason.

Yes, and for that very reason, I'll have to disagree with this request. The thought was good though.

• 7 months later...

Remove dark colours from the pallet, that way people don't have to highlight text just because people want to be obnoxious. And this one seems kind of pointless

I fail to see anything wrong with any of the colors people are using right now.

In fact, black is the only color I can see being a real issue.

That's because you sit to close to the screen.

Remove dark colours from the pallet, that way people don't have to highlight text just because people want to be obnoxious. And this one seems kind of pointless

Umadbro? :trollface:

In fact why do we even have custom colours? It serves no purpose.

Matril, lighten up will you? There's no need to get so bitter about it, it only takes a few seconds to highlight text you can't read. I do the same thing too.

In fact why do we even have custom colours? It serves no purpose.

In that light, "WHY NOT HAVE A FORUM?!!?" and we have both a forum and colors because they are good harmless fun for all. Only reason a forum would not be fun is if you have jerks all over the place, which is definitely not the case.

So yeah, lighten up.

It parses color tags to HTML text colors. To eliminate colors from being used would require writing code to check and actively reject colors.

PROTIP: If you can't read a color, don't use it.

It doesn't have to do that, because if you only have light colours available by default you would have to go out of your way to have dark colours and that would probably go under the same rules as using 1337 t3xt.

I'll just stick to the IP.Board theme if I must. It looks crap, but at least I don't have to use hacks to read.

• 1 year later...

name change :troll:

but seriously i hear the concern for why it is being with held, and i agree completly

but i'm also sad, i was told it could only be done twice a year. I'd like to see that.

-getting awards like medals or ribbons for doing a certain challenge(like xbox achievements)

Maybe on the chat box something that says who is typing IF someone is.

Or if anyone goes to the chat anymore. -_-

It would nice if Users Status Updates were displayed on the Main forum page in a box...just like to the new topic box..and the user birthday box but a box just for people's status updates, so i can see them and comment on them then and there. I think it'd create a much more intuitive social experience and keep us from arguin' all the time.

Not that i don't care for the occasional flame war. It'll make a man outta ya.

I agree with some of the earlier posts: Possible make it easier for artists like myself to display our works. There is a portion of Forum space for this, but as you said, you don't want to fill the Forums Database much more. Although I wish it was easier for people to put up files in posts because I find it rather annoying.

I have thought about allowing people to use the gallery system for art, as it supports personal galleries. Though I don't want to make it free-for-all because I don't want people uploading random image macros and shit to it. If I do it, it will be based on you showing an admin your work if you haven't already posted it. There will also be an acceptable uploads policy, which would be the image policy plus a requirement that there be at least some Star Fox fanart in your gallery.

I have thought about allowing people to use the gallery system for art, as it supports personal galleries. Though I don't want to make it free-for-all because I don't want people uploading random image macros and shit to it. If I do it, it will be based on you showing an admin your work if you haven't already posted it. There will also be an acceptable uploads policy, which would be the image policy plus a requirement that there be at least some Star Fox fanart in your gallery.

I would be fine with that: that's very similar to the upload policies on Albino Black Sheep (Minus the Fanart as they're not a fansite). Although we would still need to upload our work somewhere and put the link in a PM to an admin as we wouldn't have the approval to upload then.