Forum Feature Requests

DZComposer

Lol SFOConomy was a cool system, but it was easy to abuse, like, the more money you get, the easier it is to get money.

It was a fun experiment, but ultimately it wasn't worth the maintenance effort. Really the only thing you could do was accumulate money and buy little pictures with it. Yes, I could have made it enable/disable forum features, but I really didn't like that idea.

Lol SFOConomy was a cool system, but it was easy to abuse, like, the more money you get, the easier it is to get money.

Not for nothing, but isn't that how it works IRL Arashi? I remember we also had a couple of "banks" to earn interest on money we put into it. Although in all honesty, if we really had to wait an entire calendar year for 5%.....then again, that is better than interest rates in real life XD

The real issue with the SFOConomy was the fact that some users had all this money, and a whole bunch of us were flat out broke. Then again, DZ may have accidentally saved me from having a gambling problem in the future. Whatever didnt go into the bank went to lottery tickets. Bad idea for sure :lol:

• 3 months later...

I would very much like to see us ramp up the usage of boxes to the right of the boards. We already have "recent topics" and "recent articles". I have become fond of "recent status updates" on other IPB based communities I frequent. Plus, the dynamic would encourage us to use status updates more like they were meant to be.

• Like 2

I disabled it because I didn't think anyone used it. I'll go ahead and turn it back on.

Note that when IPB 4 drops, what goes on in the sidebar may change.

:D :D

Recent Status Updates! I kept meaning to request this myself, but I guess I never did.

One of my favorite things about IPB is the status feature, and having it on the sidebar helps people to notice them.

You know what I would like to see? If possible, adding voice chat in the chatroom would be cool, since it would
give me a chance to use my severly under-used mic. (At the time of writing, the only time I think I've used it is
for SFOCast Theater)

IP.Chat doesn't support voice. I might put up a teamspeak or mumble server, but I'm not sure.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully this thread isn't too old for a suggestion.

While being a member of several other forums, this particular forums lacks a certain feature others have that I think would be a great feature.

Ready for it?

LIKE button.

Now, I'm not sure how many times this has been suggested, or if it even has at all, but I think it would be a pretty cool idea.

Maybe adding a LIKE feature to member statuses as well? It could work!

• Like 3

I just liked your posts, bro. Lower...bit lower...right hand corner, yeh that's it.,..Now like my post

While status likes seem nice to think about, it is of my opinion that a comment expressing your view goes way further  

• Like 2

LIKE button.

I just liked your posts, bro. Lower...bit lower...right hand corner, yeh that's it.,..Now like my post

XDXDXDXDXD

• Like 1

T-....They weren't here last night! XD

Anyways, excuse me for embarrassing myself, I guess I'll just focus on adding a "Like" button to the statuses then, I suppose.

Yeah, we've had that like button since we switched to IPB.

Now, if you're referring to a Facebook like button -- NO nad HELL NO.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Maybe a mobile version of the site? I like using my tablet for web stuff, and my tablet is not giving me options for image insertion or font changes.

IPB 4 uses responsive design. Please wait for IPB 4. You can see how it works here: http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-9680-40-front-end-responsiveness-round-up/

I will not be making any changes to IPB 3.4 unless it is to fix something broken.

IPB 4 will likely drop into public beta within the week. Once that happens, I will then have to completely rebuild the site using it, so it will be an additional week or two before we convert-over.

I hope this works in IPB 4, as the only forums I've seen using it are on older versions. There's a plugin to link your Steam account, and it gets updated regularly. My understanding is that the plugin is free. I'll try and get the name of it for you. But it looks something like this:

http://www.ugcleague.com/forum/showthread.php?23118-Rise-of-the-Demoknight

That site is using vBulletin. Plugins for VB are not compatible with IPB. There are two IPB Steam integration plugins I am aware of, and neither are free.

Also, IPB 4 will break all plugins written for IPB 3, so I don't want to install anything until it is available for IPB 4.

Supposedly IPB 4 will be easier to program for. If so, I may write one myself.

I've seen the same/similar plugin used on other non-vBulliten sites, but if the IPB ones aren't free, then alas.

• 1 month later...

Not exactly an important addition, but more of a fun one.

Different themes to use. The space one is very cool, but I'm sure that the option to have a wolf/Panther/Krystal forum theme will add verity and be fun.

• Owner/Technical Admin

Maybe a mobile version of the site? I like using my tablet for web stuff, and my tablet is not giving me options for image insertion or font changes.

You're probably thinking of something like Tapatalk. It's a free app to download on your Android/iPhone device and allows you to connect to any forum that has the Tapatalk plugin installed. We use it on our MC forum and it's very handy. Something I think SF-O could probably use. I bet there are users other then me who would like to be able to connect and post on the go. 

Not exactly an important addition, but more of a fun one.

Different themes to use. The space one is very cool, but I'm sure that the option to have a wolf/Panther/Krystal forum theme will add verity and be fun.

Too much extra work for little benefit.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to get rid of IPB bob's bad hair day, as our default and replace it with an SF themed silhouette...Imagine Slips or a Cornerian hound.

I could look for someone to do the art if this is as simple as a few button clicks or a few lines of code. To be clear, it would be fashioned after bob, grey and white, just..not bob.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see the SFO chatroom get some voice chat. I need to use my microphone way more than what I already use it for.