Calling all Assault fans.

Milkyway64

36 members have voted

1. 1. Was Krystal a key factor in resolving either of the two game's plots?

• Yes, without her the mission would have failed.
    • Yes, but she wasn't nearly as helpful as the toads or Peppy.
    • No. She didn't do anything.

No, AJC is just a dead horse that Dras is mercilessly and gleefully beating.

• Like 1

Falco is the Ace Pilot and Wolf is his rival, to set them at a higher skill level than him is not only outlandish but it actually paints his character better, as he has more odds to overcome as the hero instead of magically being better than everyone.

Except she didn't? She was chased as much as Slippy, not Falco (though apparently in the Japanese version it was actually Slippy being chased in place of her, so the Americanization made her more pathetic for some god unknown reason) and Falco had a higher kill count...because he's the "ace". Try again.

Except, again, the only thing that was accomplished was Falco NOT LISTENING TO HER and barging in to save Fox. You have some real dissonance in interpreting cause and effect, something you and Krystal certainly have in common. And if all you can cite is one instance in one battle where her shouting "Look out" (something I found distracting, because again, it's pretty easy to figure out the bosses without her) maybe sort of helped you, that doesn't help. Especially considering Falco or Slippy could have easily said the same.

then explain why slippy is so good at the Land Master? how could he be good at the land master have what we saw in 64?

I have counted both the amount of times falco and krystal were chased, and sorry but they were equal.

Show me his kill count.

Falco went after the storm, when it was safe, krystal certantly didn't hold back from saving fox then. However, if falco had taken off prematurly he would have crashed, certinaly not helping the team since his being of the ace pilot.

@ xort i can't stop :(

He makes such delightful noises! I can't help it!

then explain why slippy is so good at the Land Master? how could he be good at the land master have what we saw in 64?

Slippy is the only other character pre-Assault to be seen driving a Landmaster (FBF) and a couple sources indicate that he either designed or modified it.

I have counted both the amount of times falco and krystal were chased, and sorry but they were equal.

Show me his kill count.

Why don't you give me the numbers considering you've been so painstakingly taking statistics? Falco also has the higher killcount in 64 to support him, Krystal has "sit in a giant crystal and do dick-all" from Adventures. Falco also has the highest Arwing skill in multiplayer, so his position as Ace is solidified.

Numbers don't mean much; the intention is obviously not that Krystal is a good pilot. The game doesn't even know what she's supposed to be doing.

Falco went after the storm, when it was safe, krystal certantly didn't hold back from saving fox then. However, if falco had taken off prematurly he would have crashed, certinaly not helping the team since his being of the ace pilot.

Uh yes she did hold back considering she didn't save him. Also you seriously must underestimate Falco if you think Krystal saved him too (by being a huge whiner), the guy saved Fox by CRASHING HIS ARWING INTO A BUNCH OF ROBOTS and came out perfectly fine.

He makes such delightful noises! I can't help it!

Slippy is the only other character pre-Assault to be seen driving a Landmaster (FBF) and a couple sources indicate that he either designed or modified it.

Why don't you give me the numbers considering you've been so painstakingly taking statistics? Falco also has the higher killcount in 64 to support him, Krystal has "sit in a giant crystal and do dick-all" from Adventures. Falco also has the highest Arwing skill in multiplayer, so his position as Ace is solidified.

Numbers don't mean much; the intention is obviously not that Krystal is a good pilot. The game doesn't even know what she's supposed to be doing.

Uh yes she did hold back considering she didn't save him. Also you seriously must underestimate Falco if you think Krystal saved him too (by being a huge whiner), the guy saved Fox by CRASHING HIS ARWING INTO A BUNCH OF ROBOTS and came out perfectly fine.

Bushido whipes away all shame, and i take none in my actions.

Multyplayer is still uncannon, and in mutyplayer wolf is king. Not so in the plot.

Yes and he was an imberment. Why is he so good now? After not being in action.

U stated he had a higher kill count in assualt, you couldn't prove it. Falco is probobly a better pilot, not gonna denny this, but he doesn't prove it in assualt.

Your not listening, falco WANTED to rush into the storm to fox's assitance. A move that would have cost him his life! Krystal was able to keep him clam and explain that getting ones self killed was no way to help fox on the gorund. once the blizered stoped falco and krystal and slippy were able to use arwings.

And i will turn your face to alibaster, when you find your servent is your master!

Multyplayer is still uncannon, and in mutyplayer wolf is king. Not so in the plot.

It IS canon because it relates directly to the canonical roles of the character. Wolf isn't king in the plot? Well, he's Fox's rival and typically rivals are stacked to be more powerful than the protagonist, so there's more tension and excitement in their conflict. Assault didn't do this particularly well, but the idea is there. If we didn't have the slightest inkling that Wolf was in some way superior to Fox then he's useless in his role.

Yes and he was an imberment. Why is he so good now? After not being in action.

A what?

U stated he had a higher kill count in assualt, you couldn't prove it. Falco is probobly a better pilot, not gonna denny this, but he doesn't prove it in assualt.

Falco isn't *exceptionally* powerful in Assault, but he DOES rescue Fox, shoot lots of dudes, and the game tells you straight up that HE IS THE ACE and HE IS A GOOD PILOT. They don't go out of their way to even suggest what Krystal is good at, besides stating the obvious.

Your not listening, falco WANTED to rush into the storm to fox's assitance. A move that would have cost him his life! Krystal was able to keep him clam and explain that getting ones self killed was no way to help fox on the gorund. once the blizered stoped falco and krystal and slippy were able to use arwings.

Apparently you're not listening. The entire situation you're citing was irrelevant. If Krystal had PHYSICALLY stopped Falco, if she had actually saved him, if what little conflict showed had been embellished, then your argument would have legs. But she didn't. We got a bunch of voice-over crap and nothing actually happened until Falco, again--CRASHED HIS SHIP in order to save Fox. You're talking about what COULD have happened, and that's nice, but this entire topic is discussing WHAT happened, and that is to say, nothing. Krystal's dialogue was superficial; it did nothing but give us a reason why the characters weren't there to help Fox. Which is nice, but it didn't really effect the progression of the plot.

And i will turn your face to alibaster, when you find your servent is your master!

What is this, a failed 19th-century poet's attempt at a rap battle? Stop embarassing yourself.

Normally I'd hate you for making fun of people in such a way, but I will say that was genuinly funny.

And it's not that the thread is dead, rather the topic has been covered so many times that most can't be arsed. Mr K has left, and I'm sick of the topic, so we're not weighing in on the pro Krystal side, because of that there is little for the anti Krystals to work with. AJC and Dras are going at it, but time was that half the forum would likely be discussing it. Anyway, thats another topic for another day.

It IS canon because it relates directly to the canonical roles of the character. Wolf isn't king in the plot? Well, he's Fox's rival and typically rivals are stacked to be more powerful than the protagonist, so there's more tension and excitement in their conflict. Assault didn't do this particularly well, but the idea is there. If we didn't have the slightest inkling that Wolf was in some way superior to Fox then he's useless in his role.

A what?

Falco isn't *exceptionally* powerful in Assault, but he DOES rescue Fox, shoot lots of dudes, and the game tells you straight up that HE IS THE ACE and HE IS A GOOD PILOT. They don't go out of their way to even suggest what Krystal is good at, besides stating the obvious.

Apparently you're not listening. The entire situation you're citing was irrelevant. If Krystal had PHYSICALLY stopped Falco, if she had actually saved him, if what little conflict showed had been embellished, then your argument would have legs. But she didn't. We got a bunch of voice-over crap and nothing actually happened until Falco, again--CRASHED HIS SHIP in order to save Fox. You're talking about what COULD have happened, and that's nice, but this entire topic is discussing WHAT happened, and that is to say, nothing. Krystal's dialogue was superficial; it did nothing but give us a reason why the characters weren't there to help Fox. Which is nice, but it didn't really effect the progression of the plot.

What is this, a failed 19th-century poet's attempt at a rap battle? Stop embarassing yourself.

If wolf is a better pilot that why has fox beaten him so many times, i see that your suggesting that fox has to use his brains or some other talent to beat wolf. But i disagree, fox is a better pilot. straight up every time fox mcloud has beaten wolf. And while Mutyplayer may be based of cannon charcters, they do indeed try to balance the charcters

so fox mcloud isn't both a monster with his blaster, the land master and the arwing.

Slippy was horrible in the Landmaster, WHy is he so good now, IF your suggesting mutyplayer is cannon why is slippy so good in a land master? We have seen him in 64 :/ and i don't think i would want him giving me ground support if i was fox.

Right, i agree falco is the better pilot, but krystal's preformance seems to be right behind his in assualt. IF you disagree so me PROOF that falco killed more dudes then krystal.

alright then lets us assume falco flew out into the bliizzard because krystal didn't stop him. His arwing would have failed. Weather he would die or not is debatable. But he would be out for that mission. The ace pilot being grounded would be no help to fox mcloud. Being krytals point , going out in the storm and dying would be not help to fox.

Its lyrics from an 80's song that i find ironicly match our coversations, or it can be a rap battle if you want, i don;t really care from this piont on.

If wolf is a better pilot that why has fox beaten him so many times, i see that your suggesting that fox has to use his brains or some other talent to beat wolf. But i disagree, fox is a better pilot. straight up every time fox mcloud has beaten wolf. And while Mutyplayer may be based of cannon charcters, they do indeed try to balance the charcters

so fox mcloud isn't both a monster with his blaster, the land master and the arwing.

"Overcoming the odds". Again, if Wolf was not equal to or in some way superior to Fox, there would be no motivation or challenge to fight him. Yes, Fox has beaten him, but that's because he's a hero and that's what heroes do. You don't question that Bowser is stronger than Mario or that the Joker has something on Batman.

Slippy was horrible in the Landmaster, WHy is he so good now, IF your suggesting mutyplayer is cannon why is slippy so good in a land master? We have seen him in 64 :/ and i don't think i would want him giving me ground support if i was fox.

Uh, we DIDN'T see Slippy in a Landmaster in 64, because he was too busy being held hostage by a giant desert monster, which is what happened again in FBF. But Fox also shot down Falco in FBF so because actual conflict in the plot occurs, and the characters actually have to overcome problems instead of magically being good at everything, doesn't mean they're suddenly terrible. Don't forget Slippy almost killed Andross in FBF.

Anyway, you're still missing the point: if the game developers thought Krystal was any good, then WHY does she have the worst multiplayer stats? Even if it's not canon, they still thought Wolf was cool enough to warrant ungodly stats, or that Falco was a good enough for a maxed Arwing stat, or EVEN that Slippy deserved a Landmaster credit. So why is it that Krystal, who you claim to be on-par with Falco, or Fox, or generally worth ANYTHING to the team, was decided by the game's creators to have the absolute worst stats?

It's also worth noting that, whatever Landmaster skill Slippy does or does not have (you're conveniently ignoring the part where he allegedly built the Landmasters), he still has the ability of bringing up the boss health gauge, wheras all Krystal does is whine and suggest that you shoot the giant glowing fuck-me lights (which are still there even if she's shot down, unlike Slippy's gauges).

Right, i agree falco is the better pilot, but krystal's preformance seems to be right behind his in assualt. IF you disagree so me PROOF that falco killed more dudes then krystal.

So you're asking me to drive back to my other house in a different province to retrieve a Gamecube and the game just to prove a kid that won't back up his OWN claims wrong? Yeah, no. Krystal is not intended to be a better pilot than Falco, and even if she was, I call bull on the fact that she'd only been flying the Arwing for a year. Then she goes from "useless" to "unrepentant terrible mary-sue".

alright then lets us assume

I stopped reading here because apparently you still don't get it. Let's not "assume" anything. This didn't happen so it does not count. Krystal didn't actually DO anything so she didn't actually EFFECT anything. It's not a matter of "oh, this could have happened". This is Star Fox. Lots of stuff "could" have happened. For instance, Krystal COULD have been a fleshed-out character with a unique role on the team and in the series...but...well...

Its lyrics from an 80's song that i find ironicly match our coversations, or it can be a rap battle if you want, i don;t really care from this piont on.

Stop misusing "ironic" and assuming you have any sort of grounds to claim superiority...through an 80's song.

"Overcoming the odds". Again, if Wolf was not equal to or in some way superior to Fox, there would be no motivation or challenge to fight him. Yes, Fox has beaten him, but that's because he's a hero and that's what heroes do. You don't question that Bowser is stronger than Mario or that the Joker has something on Batman.

Uh, we DIDN'T see Slippy in a Landmaster in 64, because he was too busy being held hostage by a giant desert monster, which is what happened again in FBF. But Fox also shot down Falco in FBF so because actual conflict in the plot occurs, and the characters actually have to overcome problems instead of magically being good at everything, doesn't mean they're suddenly terrible. Don't forget Slippy almost killed Andross in FBF.

Anyway, you're still missing the point: if the game developers thought Krystal was any good, then WHY does she have the worst multiplayer stats? Even if it's not canon, they still thought Wolf was cool enough to warrant ungodly stats, or that Falco was a good enough for a maxed Arwing stat, or EVEN that Slippy deserved a Landmaster credit. So why is it that Krystal, who you claim to be on-par with Falco, or Fox, or generally worth ANYTHING to the team, was decided by the game's creators to have the absolute worst stats?

It's also worth noting that, whatever Landmaster skill Slippy does or does not have (you're conveniently ignoring the part where he allegedly built the Landmasters), he still has the ability of bringing up the boss health gauge, wheras all Krystal does is whine and suggest that you shoot the giant glowing fuck-me lights (which are still there even if she's shot down, unlike Slippy's gauges).

So you're asking me to drive back to my other house in a different province to retrieve a Gamecube and the game just to prove a kid that won't back up his OWN claims wrong? Yeah, no. Krystal is not intended to be a better pilot than Falco, and even if she was, I call bull on the fact that she'd only been flying the Arwing for a year. Then she goes from "useless" to "unrepentant terrible mary-sue".

I stopped reading here because apparently you still don't get it. Let's not "assume" anything. This didn't happen so it does not count. Krystal didn't actually DO anything so she didn't actually EFFECT anything. It's not a matter of "oh, this could have happened". This is Star Fox. Lots of stuff "could" have happened. For instance, Krystal COULD have been a fleshed-out character with a unique role on the team and in the series...but...well...

Stop misusing "ironic" and assuming you have any sort of grounds to claim superiority...through an 80's song.

NO, fox mcloud is simply supearor in his piloting skills, While bowser has brute strength over boswer, mario is superior due to his moblitity, and and his freaking mushrooms and stars.

If wolf is a bteer pilot why does't he beat fox, Muyplayer states are the way the are for a reason. Balance. the only reason fox doesn't have maxed out stars is because pf Blance. Stats are only based off the charcters, not exzact replications of the charcter due to balance.

Back UP MY CLAIMS!? you said falco had a higher kill count and FAILED to show me that evidence!Falco also did little more then krystal, It seems to me she seemed to be worth her salt as a team member.

OMG, Krystal stopped falco from diviing into the fichina blizzard, FACT. With out her having done this falco would have been grounded FACT!

I find slippies health bar pointless, it doesn't buff fox , and it doesn't debuff the ennemy, all it does it tell you just how much dammage you have done. Which i aparent enough if just whatch the ennemy bosses with half a mind, and even then What does falco do?

While Wolf has brute strength over Fox, Fox is superior due to his intelligence, and and his freaking bombs and powerups.

oh wait

If wolf is a bteer pilot why does't he beat fox, Muyplayer states are the way the are for a reason. Balance. the only reason fox doesn't have maxed out stars is because pf Blance. Stats are only based off the charcters, not exzact replications of the charcter due to balance.

Then why is Krystal so unbalanced-ly horrible? Wolf doesn't beat Fox because Fox is the hero.

Back UP MY CLAIMS!? you said falco had a higher kill count and FAILED to show me that evidence!Falco also did little more then krystal, It seems to me she seemed to be worth her salt as a team member.

I failed to "show you evidence" because my Gamecube and copy of the game are A THOUSAND MILES AWAY FROM ME. So I simply ask you to give me numbers, because I actually, physically, can not prove you either right or wrong. I'm just saying the game puts no emphasis on Krystal being a good pilot, whereas Falco gets that recognition. Your insistance on NOT backing up your claims (I don't because it's physically impossible and I admit it) leads me to believe you're just blowing smoke out your ass.

OMG, Krystal stopped falco from diviing into the fichina blizzard, FACT. With out her having done this falco would have been grounded FACT!

Not fact. It didn't happen. We don't know if he would have been grounded because he didn't try, and he wound up intentionally crashing his ship anyways. Again, there was no physical representation of Krystal actually doing anything. Did Krystal have any bearing on the overall plot? Did she reveal any new information? Did she take action for or against anyone, or found herself in a place of significant distress or importance? No.

I find slippies health bar pointless, it doesn't buff fox , and it doesn't debuff the ennemy, all it does it tell you just how much dammage you have done. Which i aparent enough if just whatch the ennemy bosses with half a mind, and even then What does falco do?

Your subjective opinion does not negate the fact that Slippy actually has a gameplay function and Krystal does not.

Normally I'd hate you for making fun of people in such a way, but I will say that was genuinly funny.

Well, the conversation stopped moving a couple posts ago... :/

But AJC definitely doesn't defend Krystal as good as cap points in TF2! :P

But to add a little something about Dras' statement regarding SF:A MP stats, Krystal begins with 2 shields if I remember correctly, giving her the ability to deliver some ground punch without taking any damages. Also, given stats do not include target surface "Slippy is harder to align than Wolf for instance", moving speed... If you take everything into account, Slippy's a deadly character in MP, Wolf just being an easy character to play with since he maxed out nearly everywhere.

The two barriers thing seems like an apology more than anything. And it's not so much how players play them in multiplayer; it's that the developers sat there and made a conscious decision to give Krystal the worst stats in the game. They intentionally made it so that they sucked. They are AWARE that she is a pathetic character, and acting on it.

That'd have been unfair to give her shields AND awesome stats, wouldn't it?

Anyway, a good player kicks ass whatever character it plays with, so... ;)

Anyway, a good player kicks ass whatever character it plays with, so... ;)

Pretty much what I was going to say lol. Fox is really only as good as the person playing him, whether or not Wolf is stronger.

Also guys, you can easily look up their stats on the internet, which does not require anyone to go anywhere. Falco has top stars in Arwing skill - Krystal only has two, however they both have 3 stars for piloting skills.

Wolf is only slightly better than Fox, having top stars in Wolfen skill and 3 for piloting. Fox only has 4 for arwing, but also has 4 for piloting.

I failed to "show you evidence" because my Gamecube and copy of the game are A THOUSAND MILES AWAY FROM ME. So I simply ask you to give me numbers, because I actually, physically, can not prove you either right or wrong. I'm just saying the game puts no emphasis on Krystal being a good pilot, whereas Falco gets that recognition. Your insistance on NOT backing up your claims (I don't because it's physically impossible and I admit it) leads me to believe you're just blowing smoke out your ass.

Not fact. It didn't happen. We don't know if he would have been grounded because he didn't try, and he wound up intentionally crashing his ship anyways. Again, there was no physical representation of Krystal actually doing anything. Did Krystal have any bearing on the overall plot? Did she reveal any new information? Did she take action for or against anyone, or found herself in a place of significant distress or importance? No.

Your subjective opinion does not negate the fact that Slippy actually has a gameplay function and Krystal does not.

i aswell, am a few hindred miles form my cube, but to blantaly put krystal as a pilot of slippy's skill is probobly wrong, as i she seemed to be behind falco as a pilot. My comparson was just to show you she is with out at doubt atleast worth being on the team.

During the Mission intro to fichina Slippy said" We can't fly our arwings in this weather :( sad face" But falco would have any way, as he wanted to bolt out into the storm, his arwing would have failed! And falco being down and out is bad, as i have stated.

ITs not an oppion, slippy's function has no resualt. you do just aswell with slippy as with out him. And What is falco's ingame Function? , If he doesn't have one then why is he more important then krystal during gameplay?

Actually, Krystal and Slippy are at the same level of Arwing and piloting skills.

proof beyond the failed blancing of assualts mutyplayer?

Not at all.

Krystal's got 2 shields and rather fast move speed, Slippy's got a blaster and Landmaster power bonus (if I remember correctly). That's balancing.

I just knew AJC could handle it. He's a badass like that :)

Anyway, a good player kicks ass whatever character it plays with, so...

Again, how the player handles it wasn't my point. Some of the other characters have a perk; Krystal has barriers, Slippy has x2 charge speed, and Peppy has x4 charge speed. The fact that she gets barriers doesn't cancel out the fact that some dude thought "hey, you know what? Let's make her absolutely suck at everything". The high stats on the other characters DO reflect their personalities. Fox is the well-rounded leader, Falco is the Arwing ace, Slippy is the mechanic (supposedly built/modded the landmaster), Wolf is a badass, etc. Krystal just sucks.

Also guys, you can easily look up their stats on the internet, which does not require anyone to go anywhere. Falco has top stars in Arwing skill - Krystal only has two, however they both have 3 stars for piloting skills.

That's now what we were talking about, I was referring to being unable to see how many times Falco and Krystal killed enemies in the story mode. If there's a stat for that somewhere online, someone linkplz.

i aswell, am a few hindred miles form my cube, but to blantaly put krystal as a pilot of slippy's skill is probobly wrong, as i she seemed to be behind falco as a pilot. My comparson was just to show you she is with out at doubt atleast worth being on the team.

You cannot "without a doubt" make that assumption when your reasoning includes such a high degree of "probability" and "seem"ing.

During the Mission intro to fichina Slippy said" We can't fly our arwings in this weatherBut falco would have any way, as he wanted to bolt out into the storm, his arwing would have failed! And falco being down and out is bad, as i have stated.

What part of "none of this shit actually happened" are you not getting? Stop theorizing and look at what we ACTUALLY HAVE.

ITs not an oppion, slippy's function has no resualt. you do just aswell with slippy as with out him.

No, it's not an "oppion" but it is certainly an opinion. I LIKE having the boss gauge. So do others. What now?

And What is falco's ingame Function? , If he doesn't have one then why is he more important then krystal during gameplay?

Falco shoots down more enemies, and is at least chased less (which other people here are now attesting to). "Ace Pilot" is his role on the team. Krystal does not have a role. "Ace Pilot" is a role. "Mechanic" is a role. "Advisor" is a role. "Telepath" is NOT a role, it's an ability. If Krystal was a tactical advisor, I'd buy it. If Krystal was a nurse, I'd buy it. But she's not. She's a deus ex machina and she isn't even very good at THAT.

Again, how the player handles it wasn't my point. Some of the other characters have a perk; Krystal has barriers, Slippy has x2 charge speed, and Peppy has x4 charge speed. The fact that she gets barriers doesn't cancel out the fact that some dude thought "hey, you know what? Let's make her absolutely suck at everything". The high stats on the other characters DO reflect their personalities. Fox is the well-rounded leader, Falco is the Arwing ace, Slippy is the mechanic (supposedly built/modded the landmaster), Wolf is a badass, etc. Krystal just sucks.

That's now what we were talking about, I was referring to being unable to see how many times Falco and Krystal killed enemies in the story mode. If there's a stat for that somewhere online, someone linkplz.

You cannot "without a doubt" make that assumption when your reasoning includes such a high degree of "probability" and "seem"ing.

What part of "none of this shit actually happened" are you not getting? Stop theorizing and look at what we ACTUALLY HAVE.

No, it's not an "oppion" but it is certainly an opinion. I LIKE having the boss gauge. So do others. What now?

Falco shoots down more enemies, and is at least chased less (which other people here are now attesting to). "Ace Pilot" is his role on the team. Krystal does not have a role. "Ace Pilot" is a role. "Mechanic" is a role. "Advisor" is a role. "Telepath" is NOT a role, it's an ability. If Krystal was a tactical advisor, I'd buy it. If Krystal was a nurse, I'd buy it. But she's not. She's a deus ex machina and she isn't even very good at THAT.

Krystal is the best on the ground due to her barriers, giving her additional flight stars would make her unblanced, one of the few charcters they blanced correctly XD.

I don't beilve there is such a stat at all :/

o but i did, and i am probobly right arn't i?

BUT krystal did stop falco from running out into the strom, did she not? she did tell him it wouldn't help fox at all.

Yes it isn't an opinion, but it is a fact that no matter weather you like guage or not it doesn't help at all.

Actually, a Deus Ex Machina is meant to save the day! :P

The idea is that she's "cheating" if she relies on her telepathy to feed them information about the plot/enemies. It's lazy.

Krystal is the best on the ground due to her barriers, giving her additional flight stars would make her unblanced, one of the few charcters they blanced correctly XD.

She has two stars in health, and three in speed and jump. This doesn't make her particularly "better" on the ground. The barriers just keep her from dying instantly.

I don't beilve there is such a stat at all :/

But I thought you counted it. That IS what you said.

o but i did, and i am probobly right arn't i?

No you aren't, because you have a distinct lack of ability to differentiate between "stuff that happened in the plot" and "stuff that did not happen in the plot".

BUT krystal did stop falco from running out into the strom, did she not? she did tell him it wouldn't help fox at all.

I don't buy it. If that line was anything it was just her and her incessant doting over Fox. If Falco really wanted to rush into that storm, it wouldn't have been the most reckless thing he did, and I doubt Krystal could have honestly stopped him. That dialogue was filler, and not at all anywhere near a plot point. It did not further the events of the story.

Yes it isn't an opinion, but it is a fact that no matter weather you like guage or not it doesn't help at all.

...again, yes it does. It is a function. Whether or not you LIKE it, it's at least something that Slippy DOES. It is not a fact that ALL PEOPLE do not find the gauge useful. I don't know how monosyllabic I can get with you before things start to click.

AJC, I have to disagree with you on this. Her barriers barely make up for her weak base firepower. And balanced means in regards of other characters... And well, it's hard when playing Krystal to get a balanced fight against other characters.

Anyway, that's Dras' point. She got barriers because she's not meant to be a mighty warrior (nor pilot actually).