The Confrontation

Dr. Orange

Nick smiled. "Yeah that was me." I remember seeing you during some of the training exercises" He paused. "I am trying to remember where else I saw you?" He stated.

Nick paused. "Here are the coordinates for where I would like you to land outside the cuty." he remarked. "I will handle it from there."

Nick smiled. "Yeah that was me." I remember seeing you during some of the training exercises" He paused. "I am trying to remember where else I saw you?" He stated.

Nick paused. "Here are the coordinates for where I would like you to land outside the cuty." he remarked. "I will handle it from there."

"That was you?" Kirk said with a surprised tone in the com over the rotor blades as a memory flooded back,"I was on a mission a few moths a go....I had to drop off a team to attack a stronghold, but only one of them came back. It was a blood bath."

Mathison checked the coordinates, "Here? Alright we're gonna have to make a stop for a refill, but...its your pelt....", the Avian replied with reluctance. (Yeah I guess to "diversify" the soldiers, Kirk will be an Avian).

With that, the Black chopper changed course.....

"I didn't know the new slang on the streets was riddles." The officer said in a sarcastic manner. "So "Anna" seems strange for someone to be walking down the industrial district at 3:45 am. What are you really up to?" The officer asked more assertive still.

"Oh they can, but the city gets dangerous this early, especially if you are traveling alone, unarmed, and sidetracked by thinking up riddles to tell to your old-timer grandpa. You ain't fooling me, you're up to something, and what's more I think you're the vixen that got away from the commander earlier." The officer said with a hint of danger in his voice. "I'm going to need you to come with us." The officer said once more before he got a notification saying that the two suspects we're both deceased. The officer immediately changed his tone to a more passive stance, but still suspicious. "Never mind, it seems the culprit has been killed. You can go, but I would advise you shouldn't stay out too long after dark." The officer said before departing with his comrade.

After hearing the remarks from Nick. "Oh.... yeah..........my squad.." He remarked and soon zoned out. "My......team..., it was." He took a deep breath and soon shook his head. "I guess the past always has a way to come back and haunt you." he said with a reluctant chuckle.

"We can make the refill, I will just stay inside, got any spare flight suits in the back here?" he asked.

After hearing the remarks from Nick. "Oh.... yeah..........my squad.." He remarked and soon zoned out. "My......team..., it was." He took a deep breath and soon shook his head. "I guess the past always has a way to come back and haunt you." he said with a reluctant chuckle.

"We can make the refill, I will just stay inside, got any spare flight suits in the back here?" he asked.

(Fox heres the "flight suit" looks like, except well, Kirk is avian'd now ^_^ )

"Yeah, should be one in a strong box by the RPGs, just watch where your hands go.", the Bird replied, shuddering a bit.

Ugh....the last thing I need is to crash and be impaled or burned alive or something...., he thought as he took a detour for a military fueling station...

Upon landing, Savior was already into the spare uniform,

"Heh, looking good pal.",Kirk remarked,"Keep an eye out for trouble huh?", he said, turning his head to the gasmasked merc sitting patiently on a jump bench.

"Yes, sir!", the man replied.

"I thought I might've missed something. At least is seems you made it out alright..." Cupelo answered back. "Just, try to avoid contact with anyone for now, and hold down at my safehouse until Alex and I can get back there. There's still a few loose ends here we need to take care of."

"If we go back in that fighter of yours, they'll know it's us again." He said to Alex as they stepped out, "So unless you've got a way to change the transponder code on your wings, and can give it a new paint job fast, we're going to have to find another ride."

'Mhm" after she thought for a minuet, her eyes widened abit

"Cupelo, when those Gov. officials tried to grab me, they said something about me and Savior being deceased and it's starting to worry me about Sav" she said in a slightly frightened tone.

"your the best at stealth and sh*t, find a way to contact him without giving your ass away, just in case someone else picks up the line. If he is still alive, he will pick up, or at LEAST give us a sign that he's alright." she said seriously

Kirk made sure the BH's engine system was shut completly off and diembarked to go find a maintainence crew to help him refuel the air vehicle.

So it was him who went on that mission with those guys....how'd he survive? Wonder how much else they (the government) aren't telling us grunts..., the Falcon thought to himself as he found a crewman or two and eld them back to the chopper to "top it off" with fuel.

Nick looked at his uniform. "Man it has been a while since I have worn a uniform like this. Makes me remember the good ol'days." He stated with a nervous chuckle as he waited for the pilot to finish being topped off.

"Ya know, I never to expected to be given help like this. He stated turning back to the avian.

"If we go back in that fighter of yours, they'll know it's us again." He said to Alex as they stepped out, "So unless you've got a way to change the transponder code on your wings, and can give it a new paint job fast, we're going to have to find another ride."

"A new Ride? Damn I don't know where to get one or who to ask for that." Alex said pulling his fur back. "Plus I can't hack something like this."

He took a deep breath. Thinking to himself he asked. "What about Star, She can hack." he said with a smile.

Nick looked at his uniform. "Man it has been a while since I have worn a uniform like this. Makes me remember the good ol'days." He stated with a nervous chuckle as he waited for the pilot to finish being topped off.

"Ya know, I never to expected to be given help like this. He stated turning back to the avian.

"Heh yeah, Stacker can seem a bit cruel and cold-hearted on the outside, but he's alright.", the Avian said crossing his arms, watching the maintainence crew.

"So uhm....what happened that day? You know, the bloodbath?", Kirk asked curiously.

Nick shuddered. "It... was horrible" he stated. "It was a suicide mission and the commanders knew it, I was in my medic briefing and was told to be prepared for the worst." He stated. "I never expected to see this..."

"It was a squad versus an entire complex of terrorists. We got captured and we managed to escape, but everyone was killed as we were imprisoned. One of the terrorist guards brought me to help one of their own, and the guy was hurt outside the complex. Little did we know that they bombed the complex with our men still inside..... Everyone inside was killed innocents and rebels. I digged through the rubble to find my squad. Not one of them made it, the other rebel that made me go heal someone, ran away after seeing this." He lowered his head.

"I found my squad destroyed and everyone was killed. Men women and children, the sight was horrible." he stated beginning to kinda choke up from the pain of the memories. "I found through the command that a group of rebels were hiding in the complex full of innocent civilians and children. Then they bombed it because of a few rebels......" He clenched his fist and pounded it on his leg. "I learned to live by a set of codes and this broke all of them. The command was given by the new leader and he didn't care who got in his way. That is when I left and began to help rebels escape from the oppression." he paused. " I have never killed anyone that I never had too. I swore to only help and rescue, and I will stay that way." he remarked.

His head laid low and he was hurt from the memories and the pain of them but he soon shook his head an recovered. "It has been a while, and It will haunt me for the rest of my life." he added

The Falcon let the Vulpine's story sink in, and he felt bad for the guy.

"Mmhhm....we all do something we regret for the rest of our lives....," Kirk started,"I still remember what makes me have nightmares like it was yesterday..."

The Avian sat down in the chopper, letting his legs out as he looked down at the Onyx colored floor (Onyx is a dark shade of black for those who dont know).

"Connor and I," He motioned to the seemingly mute soldier and himself,"Were on a secret mission in enemy territory. This was a few months after the upstarts got out of hand, before all of these military laws were enacted."

The bird pondered a bit, looking for the right way to continue his tale,

"We dropped off the four man team in a rural secotr which happened to be in a forested area. Everything went smoothly: Standard insertion, and we would just preform area recon and overwatch for them while they did their job. Command had heard of supposed reports of rebel activity in the area. But we were wrong. Very, very wrong....."

Sanford was pacing in his office while holding a lit cigar in one of his hands, he had too much on his mind to sleep.

"McConnelly is dead and he was killed by one of my lieutenants. It doesn't feel right. The fact that he hesitated before telling me, and that there were no casualties to my knowledge, and that he was even killed there doesn't add up. Star was killed supposedly too, and yet I have no bodies or even a proper debriefing or even any evidence other then my soldiers word that they truly are deceased. I'll have to investigate in this tomorrow, in the mean time I need to figure out that to do about Alex and the other one. Who was he and what drove him to assist the others? Should I remove the no-fly zone before I get some serious complaints or should I wait and see if they come to me?"

He took a deep breath and sat down in his chair while rubbing his head.

"I'll have to remove it soon, travel is virtually cut off and citizens will eventually start to gain willpower. The general will soon want evidence, I'll have to get a hold of Stacker tomorrow and find out what game he's playing, I'll get information out of him one way or another, then I'll wait 2 days. If no one shows up the ban will be removed, if they are stupid enough to try and enter the city using the same craft, they will be shot down. And if they decide to steal one of our ships, I'll make sure a personnel check is done on every ship that enters the city."

He thought before lying down and trying to get some sleep.

"I just hope it will be enough..."

Stacker tossed and turned in his sleep, Naturally to a memory from the past....

"Alright, we are approaching the LZ, Zulu team, weapons check.", a voice ordered from the cockpit's innercom.

A blue fox and three other men checked their weapons and gave signs of readiness.

The Black Hawk stealthily moved through the night sky, all lights off. If you were on the ground, you'd only beable to see it if you had NV goggles.

As the helo got closer to it's desination, the fox looked out below him and let the cool breeze brush through his furry features. It was a nice way to relax, before he had to do what he needed to do.

"Nav. point reached, ride's over people.", the pilot announced as he set the chopper in hover.

Stacker and his team hooked up, tested their lines, and slowly rappled down to the grassy clearing below.

Upon reaching the ground and unclipping the thick rope, the four men spread out and made sure the area was secure.

After sweeping their zones, Stacker sent the all clear,

"Area secure, no sign of hostiles Swiftwind 3 (Kirk) , over."

"Copy Zulu lead, watch your tails down there, out."

With that the NH-60 flew away some distance to preform recon and overwatch for the team.

THe dream fast-forwarded to a later time in the mission clock...

There was gunfire, a lot of gunfire.

"Sergeant (stacker), targets in the open, 2 o' clock, open fire!", one the men, a G. Shephard named Kreg, caled out.

The fox turned and fired at the indicated targets and let loose a hail of rounds, putting them to rest.

After a while, his radio sounded off, it was Kirk!

"Zulu team, I can see small arms fire from my position, are you in need of support, over?"

Pete ignored the query, his mind driving him in a primal-like state, deafening everything out but the blood-curdling screams from their victims.

Seconds, minutes, years, it didn't matter, whatever the time, there was no sing of life in the village. Mabye a few ticks of movement from a maimed vcitim, but they were silenced when found.

Off to the side by the edge of a crop field, another man, a Black Lab named Jack K., held onto a struggling woman, who seemed to have some fight still in her, despite her wounds.

"Hehheh, made of tougher stuff eh?," the Lab looked at the red-eyed Sergeant,"Sarge, get over here, I've got a treat for you...!"

The latter obeyed, and walked over, his weapon in hand,

"What is it, Krauser?", he asked the near invisible dog-man; if Pete lacked NV like these "insurgents" did, the Lab would be almost impossible to spot in the dark.

"Meat thinks she can be tough with me.," the Lab then allowed a sinister smirk form upon his features,"Want to do the honor, or shall I, comrade?"

If his NV was off, Pete would have seen Krauser's teeth glisten with a hint of red in the moonlight.

"Will, comrade.", the blue fox replied, a disturbingly deranged smile on his face.

Krauser threw the woman, a she-wolf, to the blood stained soil, only to be helped to her knees by the Vulpine Sergeant, who seemed to have placed his hands on either side of her head.

As if she sensed what this man,no..this mass murderer was intending to do, she struggled to escape his grasp, even wimpered/squeeled a bit,

"Shhh, stop struggling...it will be alright...", Pete said in calm unemotional voice, as he tightened a secure death grip on the sides of the she-wolf's head,

"It will be alright-!", he tensed as the sound of bones snapping in a disturbing way, echoed through the night.

"Good work, mate.", an Australian Dingo, remarked in a tone lacking emotion.

Krauser just crossed his arms while silently chuckling to himself, but lacking the smile to do so.

Kreg bent over to drag the body next to the others that had already been positioned previously.

Pete slowly rose without a word, unsure o what to do. His weapon clattered soundlessly agained the soaked ground as he brought up his gloved hands, which oddly enough were soaked to the point where he could feel the Red iron ladden fluid in his fur, coating the pinkish skin beneath.

He stared at his hands for a good few minutes, until his ears twitched at the sound of an approaching voice,

"Zulu team...?! Pete where are you?!", the familiar voice queried with worry.

It all seemed to wink out slowly as he shot awake, eyes wid with fear and worry.

The Fox brought up his blackpaws, only to find them caked in blood. Not his, but those of the innocent lives he ended. Pete winced as he heard the dying screams of men, women, and children alike.

He felt wet, and found that he was sweating, and as the blood-curdling screams of pain began to disipate, he heard the world again, his own paniced breath intake.

He got up and check the top bunk to find Dave fast asleep, magazine over his face, as well as others in slumber.

Slipping on his pants from earlier that night, he found the washroom, where he could purge himself in peace.

Its been....a long hellish exsistance.....hasn't it?, a deep sinister voice from the past echoed as he felt his insides cry in pain....

Star looked around for any followers, walking about the streets early in the morning and waiting for a response from Cupelo. She then sighs from exhaustion

"man, i need to find that base quick" she said as she fiddled with her comm, not paying attention to where she was walking

Unfortunetly for the disguised Star, she bumped into a night sentry!

*oomf* "Hey, watahc were you-," the Soldier noticed he bumped into a citizen,"Citizen, what are doing out this late?!" the guard demanded, keeping his eyes on her every move.

"Thats no excuse, you;re in violation of the curfew in place.", the Soldier looked the vixen up and down,"I'm going to need to take you in. Place your hands behind you head, and spread your legs; I'm going to need to search you."

The soldier lifted his SIG 556 and cautiously approached the Vixen, wary of anything that might happen.

What came much to the soldier's surprise, was he felt himself lifted off his feet and collapsing onto his back. Hard.

Grr....****!,the guard yelled in his mind as picked hiself up, wincing at the pain in his back some.

"This is PFC Clark, civilian no compliant is in violation f curfew, and am pursing on foot. Need back-up, over!", he snachted up his carbine and ran after the she-fox.

As Clark ran his rasio sounded off,

"Copy that, Switftwind 20 , and Recon 3 (The humvees are in a "Recon" chain of names) has been scrambled, and is en route to your AO,out."

"Roger that!",the German Rottweiler responded as he switched on his NV goggles to see the target better,"Cease movement!"