Star Fox vs Star Wars

rgflake

Small balancing issue: Barrel rolling. It deflects, like, everything that isn't a continuous beam, or a missile. Everyone is screwed if an Arwing shows up.

• Like 2

This wouldn't work. Star Fox is too advanced from Star Wars. It's a mismatch, and the weapons and shielding in Star Fox is too much for that of Star Wars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SF Alba said:

This wouldn't work. Star Fox is too advanced from Star Wars. It's a mismatch, and the weapons and shielding in Star Fox is too much for that of Star Wars.

Without looking at the video yet, a long time ago, in the One-Up Contest (from the Rec Room), I made an assumption that the Arwings would indeed put any other vehicle in Star Wars to utter shame by design and stats alone. Was I actually right?

Just now, amcintyr9998 said:

Without looking at the video yet, a long time ago, in the One-Up Contest (from the Rec Room), I made an assumption that the Arwings would indeed put any other vehicle in Star Wars to utter shame. Was I actually right?

You were indeed. I looked at the numbers and done the maths, and it turns out that the Arwing is far superior to any Star Wars vehicle. The Great Fox could take out a Star Destroyer easier than it can take out those green ships in Area 6!

The video doesn't present as much, however. Great animation, but inaccurate to Star Fox.

6 minutes ago, SF Alba said:

You were indeed. I looked at the numbers and done the maths, and it turns out that the Arwing is far superior to any Star Wars vehicle. The Great Fox could take out a Star Destroyer easier than it can take out those green ships in Area 6!

Awesome! :p

Wait, so the Great Fox, despite its size, is stronger than a Star Destroyer? O_O And yet it has a harder time handling... define the "green" ships. Fighters, or Warships?

12 minutes ago, amcintyr9998 said:

Awesome! :p

Wait, so the Great Fox, despite its size, is stronger than a Star Destroyer? O_O And yet it has a harder time handling... define the "green" ships. Fighters, or Warships?

Well, the Great Fox is bigger than how it has been represented in games. I think the closest it has come to its actual size is the multiplayer stage in Assault. It isn't as big as a Star Destroyer, but is much more powerful, what with the tech difference.

I'm talking about the green warships at the end of the level, which have hulls that can only be damaged by the Great Fox's weapons.

3 hours ago, SF Alba said:

Well, the Great Fox is bigger than how it has been represented in games. I think the closest it has come to its actual size is the multiplayer stage in Assault. It isn't as big as a Star Destroyer, but is much more powerful, what with the tech difference.

I'm talking about the green warships at the end of the level, which have hulls that can only be damaged by the Great Fox's weapons.

Zeram-class Cruisers, according to wikia. 

How do we know how different Lylat technology is from the Star Wars universe's in terms of power?

Just now, amcintyr9998 said:

Zeram-class Cruisers, according to wikia. 

How do we know how different Lylat technology is from the Star Wars universe's in terms of power?

I took the best feats from the Star Fox tech, and worked out how powerful that makes them, and took the best feats from Star Wars tech. Star Wars just can't hold up against it, even if I'm generous to Star Wars and low-ball Star Fox's feats.

5 minutes ago, SF Alba said:

I took the best feats from the Star Fox tech, and worked out how powerful that makes them, and took the best feats from Star Wars tech. Star Wars just can't hold up against it, even if I'm generous to Star Wars and low-ball Star Fox's feats.

What tech are you looking at? In Star Wars canon, even just the movie canon, there are weapons capable of destroying multiple planets at the same time.

Where in Star Fox have they shown tech that is that powerful?

Just now, Flare said:

What tech are you looking at? In Star Wars canon, even just the movie canon, there are weapons capable of destroying multiple planets at the same time.

Where in Star Fox have they shown tech that is that powerful?

Star Fox uses heat based weaponry. The surface of Solar is 11,000 degrees(almost definitely Celsius). Even the basic single laser of the Arwing can not only damage the boss of that level, but kill it. This creature thrives in temperatures of 11,000 C, and since the Arwing's weapons are heat based, that means a standard shot must be at least 17,000 C to do damage. Let's make that at the very least, 27,000 degrees. That's low-balling that feat, and I could reasonably go higher with those feats. Then you scale up the tech just a bit for Assault, since the tech in that time period is clearly superior to that in 64, and we could say that the Arwing's hyper laser is at the very least around 31,000 C during Assault. That's a lot of heat, and a lot of damage. However, the Arwing is capable of tanking quite a lot of these shots.

There's nothing to suggest that, say, an X-Wing, has even remotely close shielding or weapon power. X-Wings are some of the most advanced craft in Star Wars, but they go down in two hits at most, and there's nothing to say that their weapons are nearly as good as the Arwing's. Of course the Death Star would be something that could cause a problem, but I'm 100% certain that if there was an equivalent in the Lylat, is would be leaps and bounds more powerful.

Star Wars stomps the Star Fox universe, no problem in an all out war (Maybe even just in general too), remember guys, Lylat is a couple planets with most of the lylat's population being on Corneria (As far as I know Lylat is the only one with a known space faring population). Now in contrast (since we're going by Star Destroyer terms mentioned) The galactic Empire at it's height had "50 million inhabited systems", now even if you mention that most of that might only be colonies, that's still a population that I'm not sure you could count.

Let's compare weapons, now, everyone is comparing the Star Destroyer and the Great Fox. Hell, I wouldn't even consider this fair, even the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer (1.6 Km) would rip apart the Great Fox (890 sm) if it had a full naval support with it (even without it, the Star Destroyers are a tough beast), turbo lasers are devastating in fire power.

The best bet for the Great Fox (something of similar size) is to take on a Acclamator-class Assault ship and even that might be dicey considering the Great Fox only has two front facing cannons, while the Acclamator is armed to the teeth.

Arwing though, that might be some good tech, but the quantity of the Tie Fighters makes enough of a threat do anything more than try pick them off at a distance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sylono said:

Star Wars stomps the Star Fox universe, no problem in an all out war (Maybe even just in general too), remember guys, Lylat is a couple planets with most of the lylat's population being on Corneria (As far as I know Lylat is the only one with a known space faring population). Now in contrast (since we're going by Star Destroyer terms mentioned) The galactic Empire at it's height had "50 million inhabited systems", now even if you mention that most of that might only be colonies, that's still a population that I'm not sure you could count.

Let's compare weapons, now, everyone is comparing the Star Destroyer and the Great Fox. Hell, I wouldn't even consider this fair, even the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer (1.6 Km) would rip apart the Great Fox (890 sm) if it had a full naval support with it (even without it, the Star Destroyers are a tough beast), turbo lasers are devastating in fire power.

The best bet for the Great Fox (something of similar size) is to take on a Acclamator-class Assault ship and even that might be dicey considering the Great Fox only has two front facing cannons, while the Acclamator is armed to the teeth.

Arwing though, that might be some good tech, but the quantity of the Tie Fighters makes enough of a threat do anything more than try pick them off at a distance.

There's an interesting contrast here. An army in Star Fox has much less people, but much better tech. The Great Fox could easily take out a Star Destroyer, not because of size or an overwhelming amount of firepower, but because one shot from the Great Fox would tear the thing in half, whereas a Star Destroyer couldn't penetrate the Great Fox's shields.

It's a similar thing with the Arwings vs the TIE fighters. Yes, there's a lot more of them, but it doesn't help since they can;t get through the Arwings' shielding, whereas the Arwing tears through a TIE's shield.

It's all about quality vs quantity. On one hand, Star Wars tech can't hold a candle to Star Fox tech. It's not even a competition. On the other hand, an army from Star Wars could just keep sending so many fleets. Of course, the Star Fox team alone can take out even a technologically capable fleet, but even they have to rest once in a while.

It most definitely would not be a stomp. If I were to guess, both would probably see the futility in fighting each other, since neither can win. Of course, Corneria could hurt the Empire much more than the Empire could hurt Corneria, and a war would drag on for maybe centuries, or possibly even millennia as the Empire tried to catch up technologically. That would be unlikely, however, as the Star Wars universe's tech has been roughly the same for a really long time.

Again, barrel rolling deflects non-continuous laser fire, and some plasma weaponry. X-Wing and TIE fire would be deflected. It is also valuable to remember that Corneria has more than enough knowledge to remotely screw over an entire planet, and can teleport missiles into anyone's backyard.

4 minutes ago, That Ain't Falco said:

Again, barrel rolling deflects non-continuous laser fire, and some plasma weaponry. X-Wing and TIE fire would be deflected. It is also valuable to remember that Corneria has more than enough knowledge to remotely screw over an entire planet, and can teleport missiles into anyone's backyard.

You can't Barrel Roll forever (not actually a Barrel Roll btw), especially if you're being swarmed by TIE ships or Rebel Ships. An Imperial Star Destroyer would definitely still do damage to an Arwing no matter how much you roll. Especially since the most likely form of weaponry Star Wars ships have are Plasma, as the cannons do not have lens on the end of them, canceling out the ability for it to be a laser.

4 minutes ago, Flare said:

You can't Barrel Roll forever (not actually a Barrel Roll btw), especially if you're being swarmed by TIE ships or Rebel Ships. An Imperial Star Destroyer would definitely still do damage to an Arwing no matter how much you roll. Especially since the most likely form of weaponry Star Wars ships have are Plasma, as the cannons do not have lens on the end of them, canceling out the ability for it to be a laser.

You're right you can't barrel roll forever. But it doesn't matter, as the X-Wing and TIE wouldn't be able to penetrate their shields.

1 minute ago, SF Alba said:

You're right you can't barrel roll forever. But it doesn't matter, as the X-Wing and TIE wouldn't be able to penetrate their shields.

Just because a shield can withstand heat doesn't mean it can withstand fire from a plasma cannon. Nonetheless Proton Torpedoes or Concussion Missiles.

Star Fox has laughable enemies equivalent to 12 year-olds pinging a forum  in command prompt to "hack it."

Star Wars has legitimate Imperial forces that invoke feelings of Space Nazis (TM). Everything about Star Wars has been total war and destruction, and Star Fox has never had something close. Do Venomian forces kill civilians to show dominance? How often have entire planets been annihilated in Star Fox?

I am getting flashbacks to "Why slug more slug?" with this thread. But That is why I think Star Wars more Star Wars.

2 minutes ago, Flare said:

Just because a shield can withstand heat doesn't mean it can withstand fire from a plasma cannon. Nonetheless Proton Torpedoes or Concussion Missiles.

Imagine you have a solid object. You heat it up, and it turns into a liquid. Heat that liquid up further and it becomes a gas. If you then heat that gas up to extreme temperatures, it becomes plasma. Plasma weapons damage with heat.

Also, Arwings can tank many missile hits from Venomian tech, so it's not lacking in that department, either.

2 minutes ago, SF Alba said:

Imagine you have a solid object. You heat it up, and it turns into a liquid. Heat that liquid up further and it becomes a gas. If you then heat that gas up to extreme temperatures, it becomes plasma. Plasma weapons damage with heat.

Also, Arwings can tank many missile hits from Venomian tech, so it's not lacking in that department, either.

Dude, you know that plasma is very easily influenced by electromagnetic fields, right? I assume shields to be powerful EM fields, so plasma would bounce right off.

3 minutes ago, riccofox96 said:

Star Fox has laughable enemies equivalent to 12 year-olds pinging a forum  in command prompt to "hack it."

Star Wars has legitimate Imperial forces that invoke feelings of Space Nazis (TM). Everything about Star Wars has been total war and destruction, and Star Fox has never had something close. Do Venomian forces kill civilians to show dominance? How often have entire planets been annihilated in Star Fox?

I am getting flashbacks to "Why slug more slug?" with this thread. But That is why I think Star Wars more Star Wars.

The Venomian forces invaded the Cornerian capital, no doubt killing many civilians.

Corneria actually has a higher planets destroyed to planets owned ratio, what with only having one system of planets owned and one planet destroyed.

Remember, brutality =/= capability.

3 minutes ago, riccofox96 said:

Dude, you know that plasma is very easily influenced by electromagnetic fields, right? I assume shields to be powerful EM fields, so plasma would bounce right off.

I completely agree. The Star Wars weaponry would just bounce right off of Cornerian shields. Not for that reason, however, as I don't see them to be EM fields, but rather, something that humans are yet to discover/invent.

17 minutes ago, SF Alba said:

The Venomian forces invaded the Cornerian capital, no doubt killing many civilians.

Corneria actually has a higher planets destroyed to planets owned ratio, what with only having one system of planets owned and one planet destroyed.

Remember, brutality =/= capability..

Dude, the First Order was flourishing throughout the galaxy, and the old Empire had the whole galaxy. Corneria has supreme reign over only 15 planets. Cornerians are ill-equipped to go to war with humans, considering Cornerians' peaceful nature, and the humans in the Star Wars universe are really good at war, with massive numbers of planets and resources available to build literally tens of thousands of Star Cruisers, along with building any number of Death Stars or Starkillers. They could feasibly build another Starkiller to annihilate most of the Lylat System in one single shot. Look at Corneria: a 4-man crew can take out the entirety of Andross' forces, whilst the military dawdles around with its thumb up its ass getting destroyed by some of the most laughable enemies.

Also, plasma is all-around a bad choice as a weapon. High-energy lasers aren't as easily affected by EM fields, nor do they diffuse as soon as they are propelled out of the weapon that fired it, because the plasma would diffuse and cool off rapidly. Recall the gas laws.

The Great Fox could easily take out a Star Destroyer, not because of size or an overwhelming amount of firepower, but because one shot from the Great Fox would tear the thing in half, whereas a Star Destroyer couldn't penetrate the Great Fox's shields.

Wha-? Where's the evidence for any of this? Great Fox literally gets ripped apart by drones in the SFZ, Has a wing blown off by a missile if you're bad at Sector Z (Even if you argue that it had the power of a nuke or something, turbolasers when used at full power are able to reduce a city that's seemingly spanning a continent to ashes) and in it's assault form is shredded by Aparoids. Seriously man, read up on Star Wars a bit, Mass Effect tech might be more of a fairer fight.

It's a similar thing with the Arwings vs the TIE fighters. Yes, there's a lot more of them, but it doesn't help since they can;t get through the Arwings' shielding, whereas the Arwing tears through a TIE's shield.

Tie fighters don't have shielding, it's meant for mass production and the tactics are to overwhelm the enemy. All that aside, what're you talking about? Basic enemies are able to whittle down your heath at a fair rate (I'll try find an example), I don't know what you think they're firing at each other, but let me tell you right now "laser" is a misnomer (Lasers are beams if you'll remember), it's "ionized gases" or plasma if that feels like a better term. (Also, heres some well informed non-canon)

It's all about quality vs quantity. On one hand, Star Wars tech can't hold a candle to Star Fox tech.

That's opinion at best, I'm going out of my way to make this fair for Star Fox considering I'm not adding Jedi or Sith or anything.

Of course, the Star Fox team alone can take out even a technologically capable fleet, but even they have to rest once in a while.

Again, this is still opinion coming from the math you said you did, the one where you barefacedly saying that somehow they made their ship's fire power not melt itself each time it fires, yet, clearly other lasers from even old ships (First mission) of Star Fox Assault.

Of course, Corneria could hurt the Empire much more than the Empire could hurt Corneria, and a war would drag on for maybe centuries, or possibly even millennia as the Empire tried to catch up technologically.

Uh, is that baseless speculation on your part? Even if the idea of Corneria holding out even hours would be almost zero, the Imperial Navy is massive, they need to be in order to keep order in a galaxy, Lylat honestly can't compete with the numbers they could produce. Also, Morals, The empire isn't above glassing worlds to dust.

That would be unlikely, however, as the Star Wars universe's tech has been roughly the same for a really long time.

It also has been around for a good long while, like, a looong time (sorry, best I could find atm) and is a lot more diverse (Tactics, vehicles, military personnel etc.).

---

Look Star Fox is a fun series, but the people in that universe aren't technological gods or even near Mass Effect tech. Heck, they're still using warp gates, which is just advertising "Hey, over here! Shoot me!" to anyone with in the general vicinity (Thinking about it, it's amazing the attack on the aparoid homeworld didn't outright fail). Hyperspace from the Star Wars universe provides an excellent means for ambushing enemies, now mix that with the Gravity well producing Star Destroyers and that proves terrifying for unsuspecting victims.

Last point for now, remember, Tie fighters aren't the only star fighter in use, there are spare ARC 170s from the republic clone wars (Among other ships and vehicles Used). The Empire has plenty of weaponry at it's disposal and that is only focusing on the Galactic Empire, there plenty I could have chosen, but I believe they poor management of the Empire would be the fairest fight possible.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, That Ain't Falco said:

Barrel rolling is rather useless in the grand scheme of things, I don't understand why you and Alba are convinced they wouldn't refine the basics weapons tech. The galaxy is suffering from stagnation, yes, but that doesn't mean individual companies are going to suddenly stop refining and making more convenient and creative ways for their customers to kill each other.

• Like 1