Should Andross return?

ArwingFan

Well, ya know, Andross died in 64, and his copy died in Adventures. But he appeared as a boss in Command. Maybe he can appear... But they willrobably make a new story and new bosses, as always! :-)

I'd be fine with it so long as they change-up the way you fight him.

I have a nagging suspicion that this game is a series reboot anyway (and one is so badly needed after what Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Command did to the canon), so if that is the case Andross' return is a guarantee.

• Like 4

Sho, but make it interesting.

I know the game will be more about the mechanics than the story, but crossing him more than once, in the same game, could be sweet.

There are infinite ways to bring Andross back and he's pretty iconic, so, sure.

Only way I could see him return is via cloning and through Andrew.

And no, the series shouldn't be rebooted, DZ. At least not without a proper ending.

• Like 1

I think it would be cool if we fought Andross as a full-on colossal monkey, instead of just a head. He would stomp Cornerian cities, and the Star Fox Team would have to shoot him in his joints to fell him!

• Like 1

If they'd just pick up from the end of Assault and give it a good story and ONE good ending, no reboot would be necessary... Adventures brought some cool stuff to the story, IMO, that could be expanded and explored.

A return of Andross would be fine, if it's not silly like Adventures. :-P (Although it wasn't -that- crazy, it was just last-minute, and we all know why...)

• Like 2

Scourge suspects reboot,

If reboot then yes, Andross will return

He's basically the poster-boss for the series, they'd be dumb not to bring him back if hes a reboot...

Just... please, let it be a bit of a different fight this time, getting a little tired of shooting the glowy spots on floating monkey hands :I

• Like 1

I, too, am horrified that we may get a reboot. I can't imagine a world where the Nonexistance Vortex opens up to swallow our beloved memories of "evil fish invasion", "General Peppers' wrinkles", and "magic, I guess".

Anyway Andross can be brought back through cloning, sure. Ancient Krazoa Magicks could even work if it was done in a way that wasn't stupid as fuck and completely out of left-field. Also, keep in mind Command wasn't the first time the series gave us the multi-ending runaround--64's easy mode ending makes it pretty clear that you didn't actually destroy Andross, but his robot double.

Speaking of Command, it offers the perfect solution to the reboot thing: pick whatever ending you like for that continuity, since it doesn't matter anymore anyway.

I, personally, think we are getting a reboot. With Command having several endings, which one would Nintendo use to continue the series? Plus, the last Star Fox game was a remake of 64. If we weren't getting a reboot, wouldn't we have seen something different rather than a remake of 64? If we DID get a reboot, we would see more of Andross because he is the main boss. But if we didn't get a reboot game, we should see more of a different boss. Like how there was the Aparoid queen in Assault.

So, it depends on if we get a reboot or not.

• Like 2

With Command having several endings, which one would Nintendo use to continue the series?

The good one of course.

In all seriousness though I don't think there's much to scavenge from Command's endings. Anyway, into the topic: I think everything's on if this is going to be a reboot, and I've no problem if they change the formula of Andross boss fights in case he returns. If they happen to keep the mechanics, then other elements may or may not be able to make for the used-up boss mechanics. As the others said, rewind to 64 and you get the robot head ending, so it's possible to start from there. Otherwise, starting from where Assault left off can give plenty of possibilities to explore.

Nintendo's probably smarter than just cutting him outright or repeating the same thing over and over, so it's possible he might come back in a different style.

The fun begins if when they go the AC: Assault Horizon route and discard everything the game has been known and sought for and turns into your everyday Calloffield Effect 3: Dubstep War Zombies and give it the He Shot First DLC though.

Making an alternative sequel to Star Fox 64 that takes place after the robot Andross ending would be kinda cool actually.

• Like 1

It would! As well, if we now decided that was the "canon" ending, you could theoretically use the weird monkey temple thing there to springboard into a more organic introduction of Krystal and all the ancient civilization-y stuff surrounding her.

• Like 4

I think he should stay dead; though I can't say I'd be surprised or disappointed if he did return. I like the idea of there being a new potential enemy for the Star Fox team.

The Star Wolf members were all shot down in 64. And yet all of them appeared in Assault. None of them had any cybernetics either.

While I am most certainly not a believer in "all Star Fox characters have cybernetic legs," I find it highly probable that as of SFAs, Andrew was a quadriplegic. He's the ONLY character I believe had missing limbs at any point during the series. While I do base this off of his character design, I do so because his is inconsistent with other primate characters' designs and that he was involved in at least one ship crash during the events of SF64 (it is impossible to avoid fighting Star Wolf in SF64). Also, SFAs was not trying to make them all looks like puppets in the way SF1 did.

DMyOjnT.jpg

• Like 1

That is a good question. They were even fucked-up in SF64, and that was BEFORE Venom II!

He has no pupils. How can he see? How can he fly blind? Are they cybernetic? The world may never know.

I remember there was an artist kicking around a while ago that had interpreted his eyes as one of those robber eye masks, like one of these things:

product_69530_1_orig.jpg

...which makes sense, but that doesn't seem to be the case in any of the games...

• Owner/Technical Admin

I would not be suprised to see andross again, as long as it's not the same ol' type of boss battle. Give us something different, original.

It would! As well, if we now decided that was the "canon" ending, you could theoretically use the weird monkey temple thing there to springboard into a more organic introduction of Krystal and all the ancient civilization-y stuff surrounding her.

DRAS

STOP BEING SO GOOD AT THIS

YOU'RE MAKING A PROFESSIONAL GAME-MAKING COMPANY COMPOSED OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE LOOK BAD BY COMPARISON

• Like 4