Nuclear Throne - A Meat Still Delicious Undercooked

tupelocase

So there's a little feature Valve's been experimenting with called "Early Access".  It's been met with varying success, more often than not resulting in atrocities like this, with people essentially charging for quality assurance.

But amidst the rip-offs and half finished messes of code, a beacon of hope remains.  

NUCLEAR THRONE

tumblr_mz3y8tMX6M1qbcrjmo1_500.png

Vlambeer's latest "Arcade Game That Should Have Been Made Back in the Day", Nuclear Throne has been leading the charge on open game development since October 11 of 2013.  With weekly substantial updates every Saturday and live streaming of the development through Twitch every Tuesday and Thursday, the entire difficult and brutal process of forming a game is being shown to the world, with the hopes of informing the general public on what it truly takes to create a game.

This kind of nothing held back development has been desperately needed in the industry lately, with Kickstarter confusions and people just completely failing to understand how hard it is to do things.

0OmhdsC.jpg

So far I've sunk 52+ Hours in since it's launch and I have no plans of stopping.  A rogue-like-like-like-like top down shooter with procedurally generated levels, super secret secrets, and immense replay value, it keeps on giving.  Besides, who doesn't love a game with guns like this?

r6RfLmi.gif DA HYPER RIFLE

Plus a fan wiki that has SCREENSHAKE?!  Pls.

So if you have any interest in super slick arcade style games, give it a look.

You can purchase it through Steam, The Humble Store, and the original prototype can be found here for free.

For the tepid, plenty of lengthy Let's Play's are out there.  This guy has a silly voice.

Feel free to explain to me why this game is good/bad below, or just gush.  Gush for days.

Plus a fan wiki that has SCREENSHAKE?!  Pls.

But really, too much screen shake.

Valmbeer's improvements on Nuclear Throne have been very apparent as they drop them. 

I'd like to point out the official trailer, something it had been lacking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9stfIORSX7U