Star Fox: 2D [Ver. 1.0.1]

Tailsz

This is looking very promising, Tailsz! Really.

One thing that bothers me, though, (not that I'm too big on graphics, but this bugs me) is your (apparent) Sector Z. Is there a way for you to smooth out the edges so it doesn't just stay in one big square and…stops at the edges? If you know what I'm saying. I can't explain it all that well. I know it's probably one square, so that's why it looks like it does, but I just wonder if you couldn't make a larger square and finish up the edges and just make the rest transparent?

Hey Tailz could you post a link to download the game again. Lol the last place i went to did not download well :/

Yup. I can easily fix that. Sector Z the actual image is slightly bigger than 32x32 which explains the glow cut off and gives it that box-like appearence. The tiles are just place holders so I can calculate the coordinates and easily moving the sprites around without going into the HeadsUpDisplay drawing event and constantly change the X and Y variables til I find a good spot.

Basically:

1. Sector Z is bigger than 32x32 so some of the edges were removed from the frame when I had to transfer it to a tile so it could fit.

2. The actual Sector Z sprite is around 36x34 so the glow doesn't square off and fades correctly.

3. All planets have a tile counter part to make finding planetary positions on the already limited size map easier.

4. I dislike tinkering with the X and Y coordinates of the draw function and running the game over and over again to see if they're in the right spot.

Hopefully you get what I mean there, Icy.

Thanks for the comments so far. Feedback helps a fangame along.

Hey Tailz could you post a link to download the game again. Lol the last place i went to did not download well :/

Alright let me fix it. I'll edit this or post again depending.

Edit:

http://ifile.it/wt9deqk

The link isn't broken and I tryed it (and the game) on another local computer. If you continue having problems I'll upload it somewhere else.

Yeah, I understood what you meant even before the simple explanation. I'm somewhat of a geek. ;)

I guess I'll download it and give it a go, to see how it actually plays. I didn't know there was a demo!

And yes, feedback does help a fan game quite a bit!

• Like 1

I didn't know there was a demo!

The effort I put into my first post... All in vain!

Other news: Learned the Song of Time on the piano.

• Like 1

The effort I put into my first post... All in vain!

Sorry! I just skimmed through it all and forgot about the download links.

I tried it out just now. I like the gameplay! Of course, this is a very early build and it isn't that fun to play, but it shows promise. ;)

Also, the all-range mode test plays wonderfully. I like the idea of it.

Keep it up! ;)

I just skimmed through it all and forgot about the download links.

Makes me wonder if I should have big red font and arrows pointing "READ IT ALL" on the front page...

Of course, this is a very early build and it isn't that fun to play

This build is my personal time waster. I'm so easily amused. xD

Also, the all-range mode test plays wonderfully. I like the idea of it.

Especially since it works so fluidly in 2D just like Star Fox 64. It's like Asteroids- just you can't stop.

You know, if I get up to 5 followers I'm going to have to do something special.

Rita Mordio avatar? I may or may not have said this before, but I fucking love you man.

Now I must try to find Rita Ponio. She must exist.

Rita Mordio avatar?

Rita. Is. Boss.

I may or may not have said this before, but I fucking love you man.

Rita Mordio brings everyone together. <3

Now I must try to find Rita Ponio. She must exist.

Set it as your avie and I will love you forever.

And I had to edit this in:

SET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIESET IT AS YOUR AVIE

Sweet I'll download the game tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep, have an early morning interview 2morrow :)

Sweet I'll download the game tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep, have an early morning interview 2morrow :-)

Good luck then! :D

Set it as your avie and I will love you forever.

Alas, I cannot find it. Granted, I haven't like, scoured the corners of the Internet, but none of the main pony sites have a ponified Rita :(

Alas, I cannot find it. Granted, I haven't like, scoured the corners of the Internet, but none of the main pony sites have a ponified Rita :-(

I suppose Rita is too cool for Ponification.

Are you kidding? Ponies make anything at LEAST 20% cooler.

Rita's awesomeness already broken the scale anyways. XD

Sector X, Sector Y, Sector Z, Corneria and Meteo positions shown in the last screenshot of the map are confirmed to be their final positions.

Corneria is always the starting point

Meteo is an asteroid belt that is Corneria's primary defense I believe so I can't put it anywhere else.

Sector X/Y/Z should form an imaginary triangle that has something to do with the warps in Star Fox 64. Y is known to be the closest to Corneria and Z is closest to Venom while X is similar to the middle man.

Solar is basically the sun, so it's the center of the Laylat System.

Venom (even though it's not done yet) is always polar opposite of Corneria so it'll be inbetween the [spoiler_protect], [spoiler_protect] and [spoiler protect].

I have free reign to change the Meteor level and Fichina to other location.

Just a quickie update with the Corneria sprite:

Old: mapnb.png

This is the current Corneria sprite

New: sprcorneria2.png

This is the edited version, showing that there is definitely green on the planet to add variety to the usually-all-you-can-see-ocean design from the actual games.

Which reminds me of how I'm going to do Fortuna....

• Like 1

Since I'm creating all new rooms into the game, I've decided to keep the original beta rooms as a "bonus" addition after you ace the game or something.

Anyways, I shifted the Sectors around a little to make it more of a equilateral triangle cause I'm compulsive like that.

Since I don't wanna spoil more of the new map locations, I'm going to say that I have shifted a lot of the planet locations and added fade effects onto certain planets to give it an icy chill or old rock feel.

@Icy and @kkstarfox

By the way you two... What do you think of the title animation in the game? I'm going to have to add my Corneria to replace the one from the original Star Fox since it was a place holder (and research device for the current Corneria)

I dunno where I should put this, but since this is my blog I'll just post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsaRvW4eyWw

Yes, that was me playing the Piano. It was all done by ear. (I literally can't read sheet music for my life)

I wanted to make it so the player can differentiate between Fortuna and Corneria.

Corneria has a lot of clouds... So I toned the clouds down by 90% on Fortuna and made the lush grass areas more vivid.

sprfortuna.pngFortuna (Grey background not included!)

sprcorneria2.pngCorneria

I didn't use the same blue and green for Fortuna as I did for Corneria for difference sake. I based the "star" shape land mass on Fortuna on Star Fox (SNES) and added a bigger landmass just a little south-west of it.

Edited the first post to include file sizes just in case someone is on those "limited amount of GB a month" internet plans.

Somehow 0.0.3 U1 is .10 MB smaller than the other one... Must've been because I reworked the script to be smaller and efficient then the first one.

I shifted the planets around yet again. It's starting to come full circle as I'm lacking 3-5 extra planets/artificial objects.

Oh and I have changed Solar's "image". I don't want to go into specifics since I want everyone to have something to look forward to when I release the map demo. I also have a new menu in mind, but it won't be coming out any time soon. More of a "future" release.

The Map demo will include:

1. The function to move the Arwing to Meteo

2. A "complete" but incomplete interface. (Shows all the future options, just some won't be selectable)

3. Basic enemy units in the beta map Meteo will link to for the time being

4. A complete mission select screen.

5. Health Bar

6. and a Engine Bar

Also, what is this concept you folks call sleep?

Man, i really need to down load the game just been so darn busy.

Man, i really need to down load the game just been so darn busy.

You're playing the sacred game of Hunting Job right? No worries. xD