Zelda: Majora's Mask... remake?

Redeemer

I highly recommend that you take the time to complete it. Try 100%ing it, it's such an adventure and all the side-quests are a joy to play through!

I highly recommend that you take the time to complete it. Try 100%ing it, it's such an adventure and all the side-quests are a joy to play through!

I would, but I've got other stuff to play, goddammit. Like TF2 and Freespace 2.

But yeah, Zelda Majora's Mask a fantastic game, but a very scary one as well. I still have nightmares about when Link puts on the Zora mask, it melts

into his face and he ressembles a screaming alien. GET IT OFF HIM!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I FUCKING TOLD YOU YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

OHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

....I'll be going into Cold Sleep until it's out now. Wake me up on release day.

So there's talk of minor changes. I'm guessing gameplay - many people complained about the fairy finding. Although to be honest, the rewards for that were pretty important so I think it should stay "tedious". I had no issue with using the Fairy's Mask to find them. Also, Aonuma said that the difficulty may generally be brought down a notch. Not sure if I appreciate that as I don't want to see things being simplified. With any luck, they'll include both versions because really, this is for the fans. Aonuma also said that people who haven't played or at gave up during it should give it a chance, so he's obviously reaching out to a new audience as well.

I truly hope that character sidequests, dialogue, personalities etc. stay the same or are at least elaborated on. I'd hate for things to be "dulled down" for the sake of making things easy.

• Owner/Technical Admin

I only cared for the fairy quest to get the damage reduction.

I can't really put to words how I feel about this so I'll let this guy do it for me:

I only cared for the fairy quest to get the damage reduction.

Precisely. It's making you earn those upgrades, like the damage reduction, longer magic bar etc. At the end is the Fairy Sword but I never really use that. Still nice to have though. In OoT it was just a matter of finding the Great Fairy herself, which was also quite a quest, but the actual fairy collection in MM was just a bit more challenging and I like that.

Fairy finding was never a problem for me. I'd get a majority of them when I was just going through the dungeon. Then I'd just throw on the mask and grab the others when I was done. I don't know why people love to bitch about how "tedious" it is.

Fairy finding was never a problem for me. I'd get a majority of them when I was just going through the dungeon. Then I'd just throw on the mask and grab the others when I was done. I don't know why people love to bitch about how "tedious" it is.

That's exactly my experience and point. I've just heard people really bitch about it and I'm just thinking "why do these people want everything handed to them" because it's really as simple as checking each room as you go along the temples. I'd say the Stone Tower Temple is a little annoying but what do you expect from the final dungeon?

Idk a lot of Nintendo "fans" are really just self-entitled babies hahahaha.

Sooo has anyone noticed that Link looks a little older and more mature in the face in this game? We all knew that MM was a sequel to OoT even before the timeline but I'm glad to see they've actually depicted that in his character.

So one of the people working on it (Forgot who, I think it was the head guy) said that they are changing one boss in the game because when he was playing it, even he forgot how to beat him. Many are hoping it's the water temple boss.

So one of the people working on it (Forgot who, I think it was the head guy) said that they are changing one boss in the game because when he was playing it, even he forgot how to beat him. Many are hoping it's the water temple boss.

Boss 1: Hit him with your sword.

Boss 2: Roll into his ass.

Boss 3: Stun him and hit him with your electric shield.

Boss 4: Grow giant and hit him with your sword.

Final boss part 1: Throw your fin at him/reflect his beam and hit him with your sword.

Final boss part 2: Hit him with your sword.

Final Boss part 3: Stun him with a light arrow and hit him with your sword.

Boss 1: Hit him with your sword.

Boss 2: Roll into his ass.

Boss 3: Stun him and hit him with your electric shield.

Boss 4: Grow giant and hit him with your sword.

Final boss part 1: Throw your fin at him/reflect his beam and hit him with your sword.

Final boss part 2: Hit him with your sword.

Final Boss part 3: Stun him with a light arrow and hit him with your sword.

Good thing you remembered then XD I never played the game so I wouldn't even be able to start guessing what boss he was talking about. Although I am watching an LP on it so when I get 3D, I'll probably be able to tell the differences.

Whaaat? The bosses aren't even hard! Guh. I hope they don't change it too much, I hate this "pandering to the people who don't like 'hard' games" nonsense. A lot of people have been demanding easier challenges, not just from this but from many games.

But, if he actually had trouble and isn't just saying that, then shame on him. :-P

Whaaat? The bosses aren't even hard! Guh. I hope they don't change it too much, I hate this "pandering to the people who don't like 'hard' games" nonsense. A lot of people have been demanding easier challenges, not just from this but from many games.

But, if he actually had trouble and isn't just saying that, then shame on him. :-P

Ehhh I just wanna point out there is a difference between hard, and finding out what to do. Once you know how to do something, of course it's easy (Well I guess that depends on situation, but still)

I heard when shadow the hedgehog game first came out, people thought the final boss was impossible because they didn't know ho to beat him.

Funny thing is while watching the LP, you're suppose to let the 3 day marker go down (And a scarecrow which makes time go faster) and you can only do a hand full of things for the first 3 days... I would have quit thinking that the timer running out meant game over and not having a clue how to even begin beating it with such a short time limit (Although through an LP they are saying that one main point of the game is how to increase your 54 minute time limit)

Some more news.

This is being seen more as a simple remake, but making the majora's mask the guy originally wanted to be made in the first place, but couldn't due to his time limit of 1 year.

There is also word of a twilight princess and skyward sword HD, but a different company would have to be the ones to do it.

• 1 month later...

A brand new console with a MM design and the game pre-installed was announced today on Nintendo Direct. Also, the release date is now Feb. 13th. However, it seems that greedy motherfuckers have already pre-ordered the console bundle into being sold out and relisted them all on eBay from $600-$1000. So good luck trying to get one.

A brand new console with a MM design and the game pre-installed was announced today on Nintendo Direct. Also, the release date is now Feb. 13th. However, it seems that greedy motherfuckers have already pre-ordered the console bundle into being sold out and relisted them all on eBay from $600-$1000. So good luck trying to get one.

That happened with the majora's mask skull kid statue too. They are going for like 100 or so now on ebay DX 

Luckily, it's a download game so I don't want it as I prefer physical copies so yeah, I don't care too much for that edition.