Geev me yo favourite vegetables

Redeemer

Red bell peppers are a beastly food for health benefits. Also really good for the skin. I chop up 3 and eat them raw, so good.

Red bell peppers are a beastly food for health benefits. Also really good for the skin. I chop up 3 and eat them raw, so good.

(DZ KILLED MY ORIGINAL REPLY TO THIS, AUGH DZ D:)

How do you make these supar tasty? I just can't can't cannot stomach them because they're bitter. :T

How do you make these supar tasty? I just can't can't cannot stomach them because they're bitter. :T

Well normally the red ones are actually pretty sweet! But I think the sweetest are yellow peppers, so give them a try too! I just eat them raw but you can lightly grill them and their flavour becomes a little muted. Stuff 'em with cooked rice and tomato puree and roast them if you really can't handle them!

I'm one of those guys who have a strange way with tomatoes. I mean, while I like tomato ketchup, I don't like eating tomatoes on their own. But providing that it's stuffed with meat, stuck in some ratatouille or mixed with onions to make a mildly spicy sauce for when we have fishcakes, I don't mind at all.

Whenever we have stir-fry or something Chinese-based for dinner, I always pray that my mother puts in water chestnuts. I LOVE 'em, I just can't get enough of its crispy, watery texture and flavor. Mmmmm-hmmm. :D

I despise tomatoes with a passion. Dry heaving and all, but I don't mind them at all if it doesn't taste like tomatoes. Salsa is fine, ketchup, all that.

Any form of potato is awesome, whether roasted, smashed, or baked. I also like corn on the cob. Onion rings are also awesome. I'm not big on salad, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to actually answer the bloody question. Had to check if it was a vegetable and botanically, yes, it is, and that is the potato. The wonder food, a list on ways to prepare it, it would be easier to make a list of ways you can't prepare it, and that'd only have "raw" on it afaik, given it is a nightshade plant and raw 'taters have some toxin still left in 'em that needs to be cooked out. Other than that, however, boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew, salad, drink 'em, there's no end, and depending on what type and how you prepare them, they can be surprisingly healthy and actually if need be you can subsist almost entirely if not entirely on them.

I honestly love potatoes in almost any shape or form, replace the cereal with potatoes and this is me, generally.

kqLXUxi.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew

Steady on there, Samwise.

I am physically repulsed by okra due to 1) its collectively agreed horribleness and 2) as a wee lad my folks made me eat it because they were tricked into thinking it was good (don't worry I puked what I could and threw it in the toilet )

i'll take whatever else over puke-ra

I am physically repulsed by okra due to 1) its collectively agreed horribleness and 2) as a wee lad my folks made me eat it because they were tricked into thinking it was good (don't worry I puked what I could and threw it in the toilet )

i'll take whatever else over puke-ra

waifu.png

Talkin' shit 'bout okra? Them's fightin' words.

• Like 1

I've never tried okra, never seen it before until just now, when I googled it.

waifu.png

qft. :T

It's slimy unless you fry it. Otherwise it's delicious and you should eat it.

Deep fried is the way to go with it.

I'm pretty sure that deep frying vegetables is the most harmful way to have vegetables. :P Or can it also be stir fried?

Fried okra is not about healthy eating, it's about taste and southern pride.

Fried okra is not about healthy eating, it's about taste and southern pride.

You are destroying the initial message of this topic. :P

What I see in the opening topic is what vegetables do you like and how you like them, and not frying okra is like getting a well done steak or sauce-less pizza.

Yeh, i'm talking shit...ovzpw25.png ..about the shitty okra. Okra is bad and you should feel bad for liking it.

*non overcooked broccoli is great

Chickpeas are nice, especially in an Indian curry or something like that.