Take Over

Gestalt

Infinity picked Gestalt back up, and said "I recently bought the car from a Zimbabwean official who made the modifications himself, and I haven't had time to repaint it. I saw the explosion from my home over yonder, and I came over to see if there were any survivors. I'm offering to help out of the goodness of my heart. If you don't want my help, fine, but frankly you're gonna need all the help you can get". With that, he turned and walked away slowly.

"Well, actually, the blast displaced us a bit, but all we have to do now is keep heading south."

He points to a small blur in the distance. "It's right over there, but a car coming from imaginary walls, and a tank...How odd for a desert..."

"The desert holds many mysteries, my friend...", said Infinity mysteriously. "Also, I parked it behind a wall of rubble to keep it in the shade. Black leather heats up quick in the sun and burns your biscuits", he added.

• Like 1

LazerMaster5 says, "Let me get the Landmaster ready." 5 minutes later, he shows up in the Landmaster, blasting power metal. "Now, who's ready for the ride? I can take Monokuma, and you, Infinity, get SpaceCookie and Gestalt."

I'm offering to help out of the goodness of my heart. 

"frankly you're gonna need all the help you can get". 

"Wait! So, dethroning the establishment sets well in your heart? Then you are welcome among us, simple as that. Behold, fellow non-pigeons discretion is the right I grant to you all. There  will come a time when you are apart from me and a lost soul will wish to aid our cause. Well, you all have the right to welcome them in. As I said, they won't allow themselves to stay if they are not worthy."

Welcome, Infinity- THE DRIVER

"Teehee, and I realize I have yet to brief anyone on what truth is. I will call a meeting before we begin training and planning at HQ and explain. You all  just might just leave me then."

I can take Monokuma, and you, Infinity, get SpaceCookie and Gestalt."

"omp, let them choose their ride for themselves, brother."

Gestalt's ears ring heavily against the metal music. "Ah, tell me we have a variety of jams, people. Gestalt produces his music player and cycles through his play list. I'm riding with Lazer. We are taking turns with those speakers, you hear?," Gestalt said giving LazerMaster a stern look.

"Someone get my broken body in that behemoth."

"I think going in two separate vehicles could be advantageous in terms of stealth and not losing everyone if we get attacked. However, it would be more efficient to take just one. What say you guys?", he said while easily hoisting Gestalt into the Landmaster. 

Gestalt latches on to the hatch and heaves himself up the rest of the way: "We have been chased by the police, we have been bombed, and we have run into two new members already here in the desert. Efficiency is no longer of concern. We must secure our plot of land now and establish a sanctuary-- a domain that is definitively ours. Both of these vehicles will promote flexibility in our future endeavors from HQ."

The panda peeks his head inside the tank. "ooh, surround sound."

"Well, in that case, I'll take the wolf and the bear, and you two can go in the Landmaster. Keep in contact with us via phone or radio or smoke signal or whatever. Let's just outta the desert as quickly as we can". The brown fox's ear's perked up, thinking he heard something beneath the purring engines and grinding metal. A low rumbling. Enemies? The wind? Someone's stomach?

"We'd better roll out".

"10-4, new student!" Monokuma builds up a jump to the roof of the car and grips the sun roof with one hand for the fun of it. In his other hand, he holds his Handbook, slightly damaged from taking the blast. The Shaper's File was still on his Handbook, but it now had an admin log attached and unlocked. It read, 'UNIDENTIFIED USER ATTEMPT ENTRY. SELF-DESTRUCTED USER: LAZERMASTER'S SYSTEM.' 

He kicks the roof out of glee as he shouts to Gestalt and Lazer, "I've got good news, i'll tell ya when we get there!"

"You comin' or not, Wolfy?" he shouted out the window. The rumbling turned out to be his stomach, so he grabbed a piece of fruit from the center console. He gestured another piece towards the bear, who shook his head. 

"My car, my rules", the fox responded sassily as he put the car in gear. "We'll follow the Landmaster until we get a good idea of where we're going", he said as the car glided up beside the Landmaster.

"Good for you that we're on the same team, otherwise you wouldn't be able to walk"

The wolf was growling.

Gestalt hung over the hatch bit longer eyeing their destination before dropping inside next to LazerMaster. The displays inside illuminated most of the interior.

r: Alright lads, keep your radios and your wits about you. Advance!

LazerMaster5 says over the CB radio, "Alright, I have the course set! Let's rock and roll!" Turning over to Gestalt, he asks, "You need anything? I got a secret stash of Mtn Dew and Doritos if you get hungry. Also, my AC works quite well, and I installed a WiFi hotspot in here. Encrypted, of course. Just ask for the pass code."

• Like 1

"Well, onward and upward!', Infinity roared into the radio as the car slid out and smoothly but quickly accelerated up to speed. "Get a move on, Lazer!", he added half-tauntingly and half-impatiently.

Taking that as a challenge, LazerMaster5 brings his boost system online, then tells Gestalt, "Hold on tight, the G-forces in this thing can be more than you are used to!" He then presses the red button, bringing the Landmaster to 60 seconds in 3 seconds flat. After 10 seconds, he passes Infinity, honking his horn and shouting, "Woo! Who's the slow one now, Infinity?"

The boost system wears off and the car quickly overtakes the Landmaster. "That's cute, honey", he said with an exaggerated Z-snap, "but for realsies let's not waste any boosts on frivolous crap". He looked back at the wolf, who was curled up in the backseat. "Want anything? There's chips, fruits, soda, water, and enough booze to knock out a pirate in the minifridge".

LazerMaster5 presses a button that shoots out a grappling hook, latching onto the back on Infinity's car. He then reels in, and the Landmaster becomes a powered trailer. He then says, "Remember how I was the one navigating? Now I get to tell you where to go!" LazerMaster5 then sits back and starts munching on a bag of Doritos.

Enjoying the power-play show, Gestalt reached for the bin full of Doritos and fiddled through them with his paw shifting the red bags this way and that. Finally he came across a single yellow bag of Lay's potatochips.

"Potatochips are disgusting," Gestalt announced popping the bag open. He threw back his head, hovered the bag over his gaping mouth, and let gravity do the rest. One by one, each crispy chip released and fell to his tongue where his once dormant taste buds tingled back  to life. 

Gestalt didn't bother with chewing until every chip had made the journey. When he figured the bag was empty, he closed up his mouth and made the food into a nice bolus. The panda made to lower the bag when inside the perfect Lay's original potatochip escaped from hiding. It tumbled out of the bag then twirled to the floor.

Upon impact the potatochip collapsed into two pieces. Gestalt bent over the fallen chip. A stream of liquid emerged from his eyes and streamed down both cheeks. Slowly he reached for the potatochip and cradled it in his paws. He then lingered over the potatochip as the darkness grew inside.

Gestalt shoved the dusty chip into his mouth, smiling against the tears.

The panda turned to LazerMaster wiping the tears away and asked: "So, just how, exactly, does a Hacker come across a tank?"

"Also, you wouldn't by chance have a drink of water around here?"

Monokuma sees the Archives coming closer and closer at the high speeds of the 'racers'. He shouts over Lazer and Infinity. "Okayyyy...seeing that this became some sort of 'race', I just wanted to let you know, we have a mission, so stick to the program! OK? OK. Bye! "

Monokuma puts his Handbook back into his form and lets go of the sunroof, nearly avoiding Lazer's tank, and coming within a quarter mile of the Archives, and runs over inside.

LazerMaster5 shouts, "We're here! Don't worry, Gestalt, I think I have a bottle of water somewhere around here. And Monokuma, I got a really good deal on the tank. It was only 1500 space bucks, and I was able to modify it to my liking. Just a benefit of working with Star Fox. Anyway, get ready to storm the archives!"

The tank came to a crawl and parked very cleanly, very precisely. Gestalt retrieved his water from LazerMaster then gathered the strength to pop the hatch and throw himself out. They where still about 100 meters from the towering Library of Gothic architecture.

In admiration, looking at the structure head on, Gestalt flung his arms open making to receive his thrown (all while spilling most of the water).

"Ah, bask in her beauty, she will serve us well."

"Where are the others?"

"Present", he chirped over the radio. "Isn't it odd how there's literally no security around here?", he added, somewhat suspiciously.

Sensing something terribly wrong, LazerMaster5 says, "It's quiet, too quiet. Something's not right here..." Noticing the security camera and hidden panels that typically hold sentry guns, he shouts, "Be careful, it's a trap! Everyone back to the vehicles, we're tearing our way through!" He then charges up the plasma cannon and locks on to the entrance, leaving a black cloud of smoke and debris.