Naza Sutera

At a red light, Korben saw "awsm" sent by Amelia. He put his phone back in his pocket, and began down the road when the light turned green. He drove down the wet road, shining because of the rainwater. The downpour bombarded his electric super car relentlessly with hundreds upon hundreds of raindrops, make pattering sounds on the vehicle. The raindrops slammed themselves onto the car windows, and slid gradually down the glass. The Mercedes hummed as it approached Amelia's house. Korben stopped in front of her home, noticing a Porsche SUV in the driveway. "Must be hers," Korben told himself. He picked up his trilby, which was neatly sat on the passenger seat next to him, and placed it on his head. Korben stepped out of his car, closed the door, and locked it tight, with the car making a chirping sound and flashing its lights. With the rain still in a downpour, Korben approached the front door via a brick walkway, flanked by patio furniture. He rang the doorbell, and patiently waited for anyone home to answer.

Meanwhile, in a modest home in Ibiza, Sandor was sitting as perfectly still as possible on his sofa, watching daytime television. Salamon was peacefully sleeping in his room. As one Sandor's ribs was cracked, he took as much care as possible to move without making the pain worse. He took shallow breaths, and did his best not to touch the area where he sustained his injury. Bela rolled into the living room, noticing his master's condition.

"Do you require medical assistance, sir?" he asked.

"No," Sandor replied, turning his head to Bela, who was a few feet behind him. "Just get me something to drink, please."

"Yes, sir," Bela said. Sandor grumbled in pain as he adjusted his seating position. He picked up his phone on the coffee table, wincing painfully. He turned it on, selected his contacts list, and chose Bohdan to call. Back at the park, Bohdan noticed his phone ringing in his pocket. He plucked it from his pocket, and answered the call.

"Hello?" he began.

"Oh, Atya," he began. Now, "Atya" is the Magyar term for "Priest", and, to a lesser degree, "Father". "Atya, I need your help. I've got a broken rib, and I can't call Korben, because he's the one who broke it."

"Then call an ambulance to bring you to a hospital," Bohdan advised.

"Atya, you know how much I hate hospitals." Sandor then whispered, "Especially the needles..." Bohdan sighed over the phone, who then looked to Sven.

"Sven," he said. "Are you any good with medicine?"

The doorbell rang, causing Amelia to look up from her tablet into the foyer. Probably Korben, she figured, opening the hope security app on her tablet to view the front door CCTV feed to verify that it was, in fact, Korben. Hopping up off the couch, she walked to the front door, dressed in a red camisole and Hello Kitty pajama bottoms, and manually unlocked it. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door.

"Korben! Uh..." Amelia looked him from head to toe, soaked to the marrow. "...Jeez, what, did you walk here? You're sopping wet!"

"Yeah, about that..." he began to explain, with the water dripping from his trilby and blazer. "I was s-s-sitting in G-G-Guernica Park with f-friends. It's a m-morning ritual th-thing." Korben examined his drenched blazer, and, feeling quite cold, desired to take it off. "May I, uhh, c-c-c-come inside?" he asked, almost desperate to get out of the rain. He was beginning to shiver a bit.

"Yeah, sure, come on in," Amelia said, opening the door wider and stepping aside to allow Korben to enter her home.

"Oh, thank you," he graciously thanked, stepping inside. Noticing a clothing rack to his right, he took off his trilby, which was still relatively dry (when compared to the rest of his attire), as well as his soaking-wet blazer. However, taking his blazer off and putting it on the rack meant that his holster, which contained his blaster, was now revealed. Korben rubbed his arms, barely noticing his gun and holster.

"Oh my! uh..." Amelia fumbled as she noticed the heat he was packing. She bridged her fingers out of nervous habit. "...You have a gun!"

"Oh..." Korben nervously stammered. "Yeah, well, I've b-b-been in d-dangerous s-situations, even out of th-the military. This has always h-helped me out tr-tremendously. Uhh..." Korben straightened his tie and grasped his sidearm. "I can p-p-put it away, if uhh, if you w-want..."

Amelia didn't really like guns all that well. Their propensity to kill made her uneasy.

"...Would you mind? Guns make me a little nervous."

"Alright," Korben agreed, albeit somewhat reluctantly, as it was natural for Korben to liberally and frequently carry his sidearm with him at all times. He unholstered his weapon and placed it in his blazer pocket, removed his holster, and placed it onto the rack. "So..." he began. "What should we d-do?"

Korben, finally addressing his wet state, took up Amelia's reply. "Sure, thanks."

"Follow me."

She lead him to a staircase at the end of the foyer lead up to the multimedia room, which was something of a second smaller living room. There was a door directly next to the staircase: her son's room. Entering, she flipped the light switch, illuminating a neat and clean, albeit shabby and minimalistic. She made a beeline to the walk-in closet and began leafing through some of his oversized sweaters. She pulled out a blue one and flopped it onto the bed as she made her way to the chest of drawers that she got from IKEA. Pulling out one of the middle drawers, she dug through for some sweat pants. "I hope a sweater and sweat pants is okay."

"Better than nothing," he said, taking the sweater and sweatpants and holding them in his hands. He looked around the room, noticing the small size of the bed and the clothing itself: the sweatpants and sweater were in children's sizes. Korben realized that he was standing in Amelia's son's room. Of course, he knew Amelia had children. "You... have a kid...?" he questioned, trying to sound surprised.

"Yeah," she said, folding the sweatpants and pajama bottoms she pulled out of the drawer when rummaging. "A son and a daughter."

Korben stepped out of the room, looking for a bathroom. "Where's your bathroom?" he asked, holding the sweater and sweatpants. He turned right and then left, trying to find out which way to go.

"--Uh," Amelia went out of the room after him. "Its in the room." She pointed to a door next to her son's closet. "Each room has an en suite bath."

"I thought th-they only p-p-put that feature in h-houses in Ar-r-royo. Well, thanks." Korben then went back to the room and entered the en suite bathroom, closing the door behind him. He removed his tie, placing it on the sink, and then unbuttoned his white shirt, soaked in water. He took it off, revealing a tank top. Korben then took off his belt, and put it on the toilet seat. He then took off the tank top, revealing three very significant scars across the width of his slightly muscular torso. Korben examined and touched them. He sighed, thinking back to that day when he was attacked by an Aparoid. He could hear faint, but distinct screaming. His screaming. Korben snapped back to reality, and then took off his wet pants and shoes. He put on the sweater and sweat pants, and moved around a bit in them, getting a feel for the new clothes. After a quick examination in the bathroom mirror, he gathered his moist clothes, belt, and shoes and left the bathroom.

"I took some advanced first aid courses," Sven said replying to Bohdan "Ill see what I can do. What's wrong?"

"Well," Bohdan began. "The one who left early - the tykeriel - he needs help. He has sustained a broken rib, and he has nothing, not even painkillers. Do you think you can help him?" 

Amelia was waiting outside the bathroom for Korben. "Here, I can take your wet clothes," Amelia said, moving to collect his clothes.

"Thank you," Korben said as he handed Amelia his wet clothing. "$600 of c-clothing..." He shook his head. "Such a waste. So... You uhh, wanted t-t-to 'v-veg out'?" He dug his hands in the sweat pants' pockets and tilted his head, a rather cute habit of his.

"Ill do what I can. I need to get my bag though, I have a First Aid kit." Sven replied standing up "Where is he?"

"He is in Ibiza,"  Bohdan replied, standing up. "Come, I shall take you to him." Bohdan turned and began walking toward red Lamborghini Aventador

"All right" Sven said standing up and following Bohdan "Nice car." He said as they got closer