Naza Sutera

Jolene waved back to him with a smile before returning inside and closing the door. Her smile lingered thoughtfully. What a nice guy. How fortunate she was to land such good neighbors. It had to be a sign she was in the right place. She sighed tiredly, draping her jacket on the bar counter for the time being. With the furniture in place, she'd at least put her clothes up and make the bed. The rest could wait until tomorrow.

"Oh, uhh..." stammered Korben. He was flustered and embarrassed, and immediately put back on his sunglasses. "Medical thing," he explained concisely.

A moving truck was soon seen in the Mercedes District, followed by a Chopper-style motorbike, its driver in combat fatigues. Both cars backed into a nearby house holding a 'SOLD' sign, and the bike's driver stood off of his bike and forced out of his pocket a set of keys to the house, a government note and a deed of sale, written in his agency's name, the United Hunters. He tosses the keys to the drivers and workmen of the moving truck and simply says, "Just unload the furniture anywhere inside, it's fine, i'll do the rest."

He sits back onto his bike and reads out the note slightly aloud on the driveway, slightly annoyed but still smiling a bit each few lines. 

"As considered, Wolf Lyonheart, this housing has been paid for by U.H. funds and will be the home and base of operations of your team's work. Weapons check will be featured upon arrival of the gate, and you will be disarmed here, due to your occupation. All members of the team will be allowed in this community, to the same extents and limitations as you. P.S: Consider this house your birthday present for a bit, and your LAC, or the bike better yet...I took the data outta it for now, so no transforming to anything other than a bike, Wolf. - Deon Katzroy, U.H Head of Starlight Team"

"Ooo~ooh!" Calliope cannot contain her excitement. Red headed and pale, she looks like a circus loon with her theatrics. She drops her bag and brings her hands up to her face in sheer joy.

"Drummer it's per~fect!" Calliope throws her arms around her husband and contains her excitement all over his face. Without warning she beats a steady path down to the door and enters to explore her new house. Drummer, a shaved and lithe man of tall stature, stands there for a moment and shrugs. 

"Still glad im not used to that." He muses, grabbing his wife's trunk with his free hand and following her down.

Welcome home, he supposed.

"Heh," uttered Korben, amused at Amelia's understandable conclusion. Long had Korben's sunglasses hid those glossy, glowing, hypnotizing eyes. But now, there was no use for them anymore within Amelia's presence. He took them off, and placed them on the coffee table in front of him once again. "It's a genetic m-m-m-m-mutation. Un-n-n-natural." He then looked at Amelia, his vision slightly tinted green and blue. "It's good for r-r-r-r-reading at n-n-night," Korben joked, chuckling.

Meanwhile, in Bohdan's condo...

Sven looked from the window out onto the sopping wet street, shiny from the constant rainfall that pounded it almost endlessly. He then looked up to the grey clouds, clapping with thunder. Periodic lighting bolts could be seen stabbing at the clouds. "What time is it?" he asked (Kurt has graciously asked me to be Sven until he returns from a family vacay).

"It is 11 AM," Bohdan replied, sitting on the couch and looking at his watch. His jacket was resting on a chair in the kitchen, drying itself. He was now wearing a vest custom-fitted with a hood nearly identical to the one on his jacket, which draped over his head. Underneath the vest was the same t-shirt Bohdan first put on that day. He also changed his pants, from first wearing faded blue jeans to black ones. The faded jeans were also residing on a chair in the kitchen, drying. The television was on, and he was watching the local weather report: a very rainy day was upon La Catalina. Bohdan then turned to Sven, who was still standing in the window. His clothes were sopping wet as well, and were drying out in the bathroom. All Sven had on was a grey tank top and sweatpants. "Why do you ask?" he inquired.

"I'm getting hungry," Sven admitted, grasping his growling stomach. He walked over to the refrigerator in the kitchen, and opened it. Sven analyzed the contents of the fridge: raw meat, veggies, milk, juice, and tons of caramel gelatos. Dissatisfied, he closed the door. Sven didn't feel like cooking today. "Sir, you wanna go out and get something to eat?" he asked Bohdan.

"Hmmm...." pondered Bohdan. He placed his right foot over his left knee in deep thought, and outstretched his arms and wings over the breadth of the couch. He exhaled, which relieved some pressure off his chest. "Yes I do," he finally replied. "But where! That is the question!" Sven nodded in agreement. Bohdan then looked at Sven, who was approaching him. "Do you want Cornerian or Zonessian?" Sven sat down in an armchair adjacent to the couch, leaned back, and placed his arms on the arm rests.

"I don't know," Sven answered. Both of them sighed at the same time, with the television still playing its news reports and weather analyses. Suddenly, Bohdan shot up from his seat and headed for the door. "Sir, where you going?" asked Sven, following the dragon.

"We shall ask our newest neighbor on her thoughts," he replied. Sven was confused.

"Uhh, ok..." he said. The duo exited their condo, with Sven closing the door behind them. Bohdan then knocked on Jolene's door three times. They both waited patiently for Jolene to come to the rescue.

"Oh... Okay..." Amelia said, wierded out, but trying to play it off. She reached into the bowl of popcorn to find that there wasn't any left. At that same time, Amber, who was engrossed in her phone to notice the recent exchange between Amelia and Korben, dropped her iPhone in her lap and said, "Ahm hongreh."

"Me too," Amelia said.

"How? Your greedy ass ate all the popcorn."

"I just am."

Amber looked at her friend curiously. "...Are you pregnant?"

Giving Amber a look as if she had lost her mind, Amelia said, "What?! No!" She dusted popcorn crumbs off and got up to go to her room.

Amber seemed confused by this. "Wait, you're not mad are you?"

"No, I'm going to put on some clothes."

"She's not pregnant," Korben announced, clarifying to Amber. He would know a pregnant woman from any other. "I'll check on m-my c-c-clothes." Korben then went to the laundry room to check his clothing. He opened the door, and saw his shirt, tie, pants, and blazer all neatly folded and placed on a washing machine. They were somewhat damp, but it nevertheless satisfied Korben. He went to the first floor bathroom, where he noticed the elegant sink, bathtub, and toilet. They were all fine porcelain. He nodded his head, and closed the door. He undressed himself, and placed on his clothes. Folding the sweatpants and sweater, he exited the bathroom, and returned to the living room. He sat back down, putting the sweatpants and sweater beside him.

Jolene had been fixing her hair in a somewhat steamy bathroom when she heard the someone knock on her front door. Visitors?

"Coming!" She called out, adding a few quick touches to complete her look.

She had showered and changed into dark jeans and a gray v-neck tee with a floral screenprint in one bottom corner. She tied her red handkerchief and placed it on as a hairband. Weaving past her cardboard towers again, she shimmied her way to the door and opened it to find the great dragon from before and another gentleman.

"Hello, Bohdan," She smiled in pleasant surprise, "Good to see you again so soon. What can I do for you?"

"Ah, Jolene," Bohdan began. "Sven and I need your help. Where should we eat? Vapiano, Crispers, or Panera Bread?"

Jolene blinked as her brain processed the question. She had completely forgotten she needed to eat. If her new neighbor was offering, who was she to decline. "Hmmm..." she hummed as she pondered her choices, "My vote is for Panera Bread. I could really go for some of their chicken noodle soup."

-----

Ezra yawned softly as he flatted a few empty boxes and stacked them in a pile to one side of the bedroom. Business had been booming in his private practice, so much so that he was able to finally afford a nice place. The spacious and opulently decorated home was more than he could ever ask for.

The lanky wolf stretched his back until it popped, looking around at the room. No, seriously, it was a lot. Maybe too much space. Still, Lily would at least have a time and a half exploring on her next visit.

"Oh, excellent!" said Bohdan. "You wish to come with us, yes?" he asked, trying to hide his enthusiasm. Sven looked at Bohdan, clearly detecting Bohdan's excitement. He crossed his arms, and leaned back against the wall.

The speckled dog nodded, her smile bright. "Of course! Just let me grab my purse and get some shoes on, and I'll be right out." she stepped back inside and softly shut the door.

She hurried to her bedroom and pulled on a pair of strappy sandals. Her heart raced with excitement. She was already meeting people. Speaking of people...

She paused as she grabbed her bag. She knew someone who should already be moving in nearby. She knew exactly what that goof would be doing about now. She needed to put a stop to that depressing thought and get him out of his cave.

"Hey," she always forgot how tall Bohdan actually was, and she quickly looked up as she shut and locked her door, "Would you mind if I invited a friend to lunch?"

While Amber was in the fridge helping herself to another soda, Amelia emerged from her bedroom wearing black jeggings and an a white off-the-shoulder top with an illustration of a close-up rose on it. She adorned a simple necklace with a heart pendant and a couple of bangles on her wrist. In one hand, she held her fancy designer bag, and in the other a pair of heeled brown knee-high boots. She flopped down onto the sofa and began putting on the boots. As she zipped up her left boot, she happened to look at Korben, paying attention to him this time.

"Oh, I see you've put your clothes back on."

"Of course!" said Bohdan, rather eagerly. He then turned to Sven, and then examine himself. "We just need to get ourselves ready, and we can go." Bohdan then gestured Sven to go into the condo, and in they went, with Bohdan closing the door behind them.

Meanwhile, in Amelia's home, Korben sat at the couch, still watching the movie in its final minutes. He noticed Amelia saying that he put his clothes back on. Korben turned to her, looking at her with his glowing eyes. "Yeah," he replied. "They're dry."

Meanwhile, in Sandor's home, he looked into Salamon's cradle, leaning on the railing. He watched pensively as Salamon slept quietly. The serenity of the home was disturbed only by the sound of boots walking on the wooden floor of Sandor's home. Sandor did not look back at the doorway, for he knew who it was. It was Elizabeth, who walked into the room as quietly as possible, despite her boots still stepping heavily on the floor. Salamon barely stirred. She stood next to Sandor, and looked into the cradle with him. She had her wet jacket and cap on a rack in the foyer, and was wearing a v-neck. "I didn't ask for him," Sandor said, looking at Elizabeth. "And yet here he is." Sandor looked back down onto Salamon.

"Yeah, here he is," Elizabeth replied softly. She dug her fists into her pants pockets. "You're a dad, Sandor. Time to act like one." Sandor sniffed.

"I'm hungry," Sandor said abruptly as he turned and headed for the door. Elizabeth followed him out of the room, and quietly closed the door behind her. Sandor went up the stairs to his bedroom, and took a striped auburn polo out from the closet. He put it on, leaving all of the buttons undone. The polo, along with the faded jeans and old, red and white athletic shoes he was wearing, were among the few clothes he brought with him from Kew to Corneria. After examining himself in the closet door's mirror, he closed it and headed back down to Elizabeth, who was waiting in the living room, examining the damaged picture of Sandor's uncle. "I'm going to Panera Bread. You wanna come with me?"

"Sure," answered Elizabeth, shrugging her shoulders. "Take your car?"

"I don't feel like driving."

"I walked here, Alex." Sandor exhaled in annoyance, and threw his car keys at Elizabeth, who caught them. "Come on, kid, let's go." Elizabeth rubbed Sandor's head, and then put on her jacket and cap, still damp with rainwater. Elizabeth stepped outside, with Sandor following her. He close the door behind him, and locked the house with a remote control. Elizabeth unlocked the doors of Sandor's McLaren, and entered the vehicle. Sandor sat in the passenger's seat. Elizabeth turned on the car, and away they went.

After the movers had moved all of the furniture in the back of the truck, he was quite surprised at the organization of the interior upon entering; as if the workers had moved most of the essential items like the fridge and all in the respective rooms, installation and second floor included. As he thanked the kind workers with a little extra payment not found in their contract, they left in their truck, off to fill another home or remove its objects. 

After some inspection of home damage, slight movement of the furniture, and basic installation of the TV, of which the workers conveniently left out, he makes a call on his phone.

"Hello...Yeah, the house is all nice and ready, gotta make a grocery run for the empty fridge in just a bit and it'll be better...No, the bike doesn't have a trunk, i'll have to walk to the market...See ya for now, Shep. Tell the rest."

Jolene waited for the pair to retreat inside before fishing her smartphone out of her purse and unlocking it. Scrolling through her contacts, she found the name she was looking for and sent a call. She leaned against her door as the dial tone buzzed dimly in her ear.

Ezra could hear his phone buzzing and leapt into action. But where was his phone? All he saw was boxes, boxes and more boxes. His spindly legs wobbled through the aisles and tripped clumsily over flatted stacks of cardboard. 

"Dammit dammit dammit, where are you?" he huffed and puffed.

Finally, as if on cue, he found the buzzing and chirping contraption, swiped a shaky finger across the screen, and swiftly brought the phone to his ear, "H-hello!?"

Jolene raised a brow. "Lose your phone again, Ezzie?"

The lanky man stiffened stubbornly, "Of course not! No! ...Maybe," he shrank, "Yes."

"It's fine." she laughed, "I know you're probably up to your neck in unpacking, but how about you take a break and have some lunch with your old pal? My neighbors invited me to Panera Bread."

"Lunch?" Ezra ran a hand through his hair all the way to the nape of his neck where he scratched nervously, "Oh geez, I dunno, Jolie...I-I'm not prepared you know? I'm in street clothes, and I need a shower, and-"

"Ezra." she kept her composure as she cut him off, "Do me a favor and take a deep breath. In through the nose, out through the mouth. This is not a dinner party with the Headmaster. It's just lunch with an equally grimy friend in the midst of unpacking and her new friends. So meet us there, deal?"

"Well-"

"Deal?"

He sighed. She would just keep at it until he said yes. What was so bad about lunch anyways? Some time away from the house would give him a fresh perspective when he got back. "Deal. I'll see you in a few."

"Yay!" she hopped excitedly, "Okay, bye." she ended her call and dropped her phone back in the bag with a victorious smirk.

Bohdan and Sven entered their condo, and Bohdan dashed to where his umbrella was, beside the window sill. It was black and large, to accommodate his massive frame. Sven put on a t-shirt and jeans, and his boots. He grabbed his wet jacket. The duo, after obtaining their wallets, keys, phones, and weapons, departed the condo. Bohdan closed the door behind them and locked it. They were received by Jolene out in the hallway.

The young lady smiled at the two and pulled out a pocket umbrella from her purse. "I just got off the phone with my friend, and he's going to meet us there." She fiddled with the contraption until it opened up, a soft red like her headband, "Shall we, gentlemen?"

"Yes, we shall," answered Bohdan, smiling. The three of them then proceeded to the elevator. Bohdan went in first, and did his best to squeeze into the back of the elevator. He huddled against one of the elevator's corners. His head making contact with the ceiling. A light fixture was covered by his head. The elevator camera was also against his snout. He folded his red wings as best he could, allowing enough room for the rest of them. Next went in Sven, who stood opposite of Bohdan. Jolene was left with a healthy amount of space.

Jolene stepped inside the elevator after the boys, keeping her bag close as she returned her now closed umbrella to her bag. Pressing the button for the first floor, she stood back and listened to the smooth, albeit generic, jazz trombone playing at a soft volume. Whose job was it to come up with this music?

Bohdan stood patiently, yet uncomfortably, in his corner of the elevator. Sven, meanwhile, looked to Jolene with curiosity, his hands on the railing. "Hey," he began. "I don't think we've properly met. I'm Sven." He outstretched his hand in friendship to Jolene, who was standing next to him.

"Jolene," she took his hand firmly and gave it a good amiable shake, "It's nice to meet you, Sven."

She returned her attention to the floor indicator as it chimed their arrival on the first floor. She stepped out first once the doors slid open, and stood to one side of the lobby to let Sven and Bohdan stepped out. She watched in amusement at the two. Bohdan looked more like a sardine than a dragon.

After Jolene stepped out, Bohdan allowed Sven to follow her, gesturing him with a nod. Sven walked out, and stood beside Jolene. Bohdan then tried to follow them, but his wings, which he unfolded prematurely, smashed against the sides of the elevator, barring him from leaving. He stumbled back, and exited sideways, grumbling. Finally free from the elevator, he outstretched his arms and wings, and groaned. He sighed, in relief. "Oh, now..." he began, somewhat strained. "Do you want to follow Sven and I in your vehicle, or shall you join us in my Lamborghini? There is a backseat, although it is somewhat of a tight fit."